PP_2016

I-751 June 2019 Filers

1,144 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Hannah_NYC said:

OMG!!! This is really ridiculous.  NYC is the worst!! 

I'm wondering if I was to move to a different state,  would that speed up the process?  

Have you guys seen anyone attending ONLY I-751 interviews in NYC? 

Nobody here posts info on this office. 

I haven't seen anyone

8 hours ago, nyoleg said:

in May my case was transferred from the Vermot office. and since June my case status Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview. Yesterday I phoned the USCIS office to put I-551 in my passport

I did the same thing in February... we just have to stay calm, atleast we have our I-551 for now ...I hope we receive a soul lifting message from USCIS soon .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well we went in to USCIS  Field Office for an Infopass stamp on the passport.   Today we received notice of an interview for citizenship in April (applied in July) but the online case status for I-751 remains "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" for the I-751.  Any ideal what is the procedure or how to handle this as I think they are supposed to conduct the interviews at the same time.

Edited by seablock

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, seablock said:

Well we went in to USCIS  Field Office for an Infopass stamp on the passport.   Today we received notice of an interview for citizenship in April (applied in July) but the online case status for I-751 remains "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" for the I-751.  Any ideal what is the procedure or how to handle this as I think they are supposed to conduct the interviews at the same time.

It’s the same in my account. I-751 is still ready to be scheduled for interview but I got my citizenship interview next week. I’m operating under the assumption they are doing a combo interview 🤷‍♀️ They’ll definitely have to approve the I-751 before they can send you to the oath ceremony. I’ve read about cases where the citizenship was approved but nothing moved forward because the I-751 was still pending. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, VeronicaL said:

It’s the same in my account. I-751 is still ready to be scheduled for interview but I got my citizenship interview next week. I’m operating under the assumption they are doing a combo interview 🤷‍♀️ They’ll definitely have to approve the I-751 before they can send you to the oath ceremony. I’ve read about cases where the citizenship was approved but nothing moved forward because the I-751 was still pending. 

I called USCIS to see if we could talk to an immigration officer to combine the two or to see what could be done.  But the only thing the agent would permit was to postpone the interview and request to combine the two.  i.e.  black hole.  No thanks, we will take our chances with the interview as opposed to a interview in a time far, far away. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
25 minutes ago, seablock said:

I called USCIS to see if we could talk to an immigration officer to combine the two or to see what could be done.  But the only thing the agent would permit was to postpone the interview and request to combine the two.  i.e.  black hole.  No thanks, we will take our chances with the interview as opposed to a interview in a time far, far away. 

Same here! I’m just going with it. 

Помогают девушки из Нью-Йорка. Сегодня мне позвонили USCIS назначили на завтра ставку штампа в паспорте, дали номер апойтмента, но не назвали адрес.

Edited by nyoleg

54 minutes ago, nyoleg said:

Помогают девушки из Нью-Йорка. Сегодня мне позвонили USCIS назначили на завтра ставку штампа в паспорте, дали номер апойтмента, но не назвали адрес.

You should have received an email with all the details!!! Check ur email. 

6 hours ago, Hannah_NYC said:

Вы должны были получить электронное письмо со всеми подробностями !!! Проверьте свою электронную почту. 

Thanks soo mush. found this in Manhattan Federal Plaza

16 minutes ago, nyoleg said:

Thanks soo mush. found this in Manhattan Federal Plaza

Yes, that's the Queens office, maybe the other boroughs too. I went there a week ago. 

13 hours ago, Hannah_NYC said:

Да, это офис Квинса, может быть, и другие районы тоже. Я был там неделю назад. 

How long have you waited to get your passport stamped?

3 hours ago, nyoleg said:

How long have you waited to get your passport stamped? when they put the stamp in the passport, did they take the green card? And can you travel with this stamp?

3 hours ago, nyoleg said:

Once I got there it took like a few min. You don't wait, they don't have anyone in there because of covid. Yes, you can travel with the stamp, it's good for 1 year and they will give you the green card back. 

We had applied back in June 2019. When my husband went in January to get a new stamp on his i-551, we were informed they didn’t even have his file in the field office. Less than a month later, we got a notification his interview was scheduled for March 10. Went in today, had a five minute interview, and approved! The case officer actually apologized after the interview and said when he looked at the file today, he was going to call us and cancel it as we were 100% approved and he didn’t know why NBC had received it and sent for interview  but he figured we were already on our way driving there . He also advised my husband he could apply for citizenship at any time.🙂

15 hours ago, nyba717 said:

We had applied back in June 2019. When my husband went in January to get a new stamp on his i-551, we were informed they didn’t even have his file in the field office. Less than a month later, we got a notification his interview was scheduled for March 10. Went in today, had a five minute interview, and approved! The case officer actually apologized after the interview and said when he looked at the file today, he was going to call us and cancel it as we were 100% approved and he didn’t know why NBC had received it and sent for interview  but he figured we were already on our way driving there . He also advised my husband he could apply for citizenship at any time.🙂

please tell me from which state? did you have an interview on the first GC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.