cristinameca

Trying to schedule interview (split)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help here as I'm getting really nervous about this.

I try to schedule my K visa interview selecting the option that I've received a letter but I haven't and also when I register for it it asks me DS 260 number....but I don't have this as I've filled the DS 160..what am I doing wrong? I don't see DS 160 anywhere when trying to schedule the interview.

Thank you!

Cristina.

Timeline
1 hour ago, cristinameca said:

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help here as I'm getting really nervous about this.

I try to schedule my K visa interview selecting the option that I've received a letter but I haven't and also when I register for it it asks me DS 260 number....but I don't have this as I've filled the DS 160..what am I doing wrong? I don't see DS 160 anywhere when trying to schedule the interview.

Thank you!

Cristina.

Hi! I can’t see your timeline so not sure where you’re at! Has your case left the NVC? X 

Timeline

My petition in CEAC shows as READY, and NVC already sent to London embassy. 

I managed to schedule my interview and medical appointment but I haven't received any letter...will this be a problem?

I felt I could schedule everything already as we had the approval from NVC on May 14th and it looks as it's ready on CEAC.

Thank you,

Cristina.

Timeline

I managed to schedule my interview and medical appointment but I haven't received any letter...will this be a problem?

I felt I could schedule everything already as we had the approval from NVC on May 14th and it looks as it's ready on CEAC.

Thank you,

Cristina.

That’s great! Go to the ais.usvisa-info.com site - then apply - it says select this option if you have never used this site before and you completed a DS-160.

then select I need to apply for a K Fiancé visa second from the bottom. Then create an account and it should let you go on from there. 

Let me know if this helps! Make sure you’re on the non immigrant site not the immigrant one. 

On 5/10/2016 at 2:14 PM, KellyS91 said:

Thanks so much!

So you don't need to wait for the embassy to let you know they have the medical results and you can then go ahead and book?

As soon as the readiness form is submitted you can go ahead and book? I've left enough time - my medical is on 24th May and interview is now 22nd June.

Have you received the letter from the consulate inviting you for the interview? I have scheduled my fiancé‘s medical for June 7, and his interview for 28 June however we are anxiously awaiting an email from the consulate inviting him for the interview. That is the only piece we are missing… And it makes me very nervous that it will not arrive on time. Our case showed ready on 20 May so I assume that we will receive our email well before then… But I have heartburn and cannot stop thinking about this… Do you think we will be OK? 

Thank you,

Cristina.

This is the exact situation we are in, all we need is the email from the consulate. I keep waiting every time I hear my phone make a noise I checked my email. Our case showed that it was ready on 14 May. It appears that the last action was May 20 I’m assuming that’s when they sent it to London so mine would only assume that an email would be forthcoming but I am dying in anticipation. He has given notice at his flat and his job… 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MissyK1 said:

This is the exact situation we are in, all we need is the email from the consulate. I keep waiting every time I hear my phone make a noise I checked my email. Our case showed that it was ready on 14 May. It appears that the last action was May 20 I’m assuming that’s when they sent it to London so mine would only assume that an email would be forthcoming but I am dying in anticipation. He has given notice at his flat and his job… 

I haven’t received the letter either; and my interview and everything has been booked. My friend was approved and has entered the US without ever receiving the letter from the embassy! Different embassies work differently! All of the information for London is listed on here or on their website! 

1 minute ago, EffyEngland said:

I haven’t received the letter either; and my interview and everything has been booked. My friend was approved and has entered the US without ever receiving the letter from the embassy! Different embassies work differently! All of the information for London is listed on here or on their website! 

According to my attorney and according to what we’ve seen online we cannot even get in without that letter from the consulate inviting us for an interview. That’s my biggest concern we have a letter from the national Visa Center but the consulate has to issue the letter of interview etc. That’s my concern that’s the email I’m waiting for every day and I can’t exhale 

Timeline
Just now, MissyK1 said:

According to my attorney and according to what we’ve seen online we cannot even get in without that letter from the consulate inviting us for an interview. That’s my biggest concern we have a letter from the national Visa Center but the consulate has to issue the letter of interview etc. That’s my concern that’s the email I’m waiting for every day and I can’t exhale 

Are you using the London Embassy? 

Timeline

Yeah I booked my interview. But I didn't see the option of "I need to schedule an interview for K visa" I only saw for the K visa the option that said that I have received a letter. I have my last action on 20th of May as well and I have my medical on the 19th of June and interview on the 28th of June.

Is there anywhere I can call to ask for that mysterious letter? I also have given my notice period at work and my house to leave.

Thank you,

Cristina.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, cristinameca said:

Yeah I booked my interview. But I didn't see the option of "I need to schedule an interview for K visa" I only saw for the K visa the option that said that I have received a letter. I have my last action on 20th of May as well and I have my medical on the 19th of June and interview on the 28th of June.

Is there anywhere I can call to ask for that mysterious letter? I also have given my notice period at work and my house to leave.

Thank you,

Cristina.

Did you definitely book it under the non immigrant site? 

Timeline

Yeah, they also asked me for the ds-160 so I'm assuming it should be fine even if I don't have the letter..? Just didn't see the option that you mentioned so I picked the only K visa interview option which was the one that mentions the letter. They also charged me already £217.

Also, do I need to bring an entire copy of my i-129f package that was submitted? I saw this on a site that is not the official one but it doesn't say anything on the gov page.

Thank you!

Timeline

I actually followed the link you sent and then when I select the K visa interview option it jumps to the below screenshot which is immigrant page. And there is where I scheduled my visa interview from:

image.thumb.png.b0c565451dd8629a16f82af21a36bd40.png

1 hour ago, EffyEngland said:

Are you using the London Embassy? 

Yes  sorry it took me a minute to respond, I am new on the website and it had logged me out. We are using the London embassy. I submitted a contact form through the email and they have asked me to see the paperwork with the indication of his interview date, which I sent back right away 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, MissyK1 said:

A K1 applicant does not need the letter from the London Embassy to get in the appointment. They do not invite you to an interview. The only postal letter from London says they have received your approved petition so you can apply for the visa. Then they tell you to get your instructions by reading their website.

HERE https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Read everything on that page and open every link. Tell your lawyer to learn the London procedure as well. It is all explained on the website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.