judyann811

Question 're dual citizenship on I-129F and Evidence with petition.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, 

Couple of further questions 're our I-129F for the K1.

I, the beneficiary have dual citizenship with Australia and the UK. Although not required, we are sending our petition with a copy of both of my passports.

In the question on the form for 'Nationality/Citizenship' we have written "British/Australian (dual)". Do you think this is OK, or just include one then state the other info on the additional information pages (which we have already done).

Also - seen a lot of conflicting information on what evidence to submit at this petition stage. We were planning to send multiple photos of us together as well as airline and train tickets as proof of our meeting within the last 2 years, but others say to include evidence of an ongoing relationship too (e.g, phone records etc) but others say those are not required at this stage, and are needed at the Interview stage only.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, judyann811 said:

Hi all, 

Couple of further questions 're our I-129F for the K1.

I, the beneficiary have dual citizenship with Australia and the UK. Although not required, we are sending our petition with a copy of both of my passports.

In the question on the form for 'Nationality/Citizenship' we have written "British/Australian (dual)". Do you think this is OK, or just include one then state the other info on the additional information pages (which we have already done).

Also - seen a lot of conflicting information on what evidence to submit at this petition stage. We were planning to send multiple photos of us together as well as airline and train tickets as proof of our meeting within the last 2 years, but others say to include evidence of an ongoing relationship too (e.g, phone records etc) but others say those are not required at this stage, and are needed at the Interview stage only.

Thanks!

Ongoing relationship evidence is not required evidence.   No where in the instructions is this referenced

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
19 minutes ago, judyann811 said:

Although not required, we are sending our petition with a copy of both of my passports.

Send them what is required. Don't muddy the waters with extra stuff. The beneficiary's passport would only be useful if it documented meeting in person like showing US entry stamps to back up the boarding passes and such. Be sure any photocopies of a passport to prove meeting includes the photo page of the passport. Take heed from this recent RFE. Thread is here https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/708454-two-year-meeting-requirement-request-for-additional-evidence/

"You provided photographs, itineraries and the beneficiary's I-94, however this is not sufficient evidence for immigration purposes. USCIS cannot verify the dates the photographs were taken, itineraries indicate planned travel not actual travel and although you provided the beneficiary's I-94, it is unclear that you and the beneficiary were co-located in the same place at the same time during the two-year period prior to filing of this petition. Furthermore, you provided what appear to be foreign passport pages with stamps, but you did not provide a copy of the passport bio page which precludes USCIS from identifying who the passport page belongs to..."

24 minutes ago, judyann811 said:

Also - seen a lot of conflicting information on what evidence to submit at this petition stage.

That's because some swear by one way and others swear overloading is best. You'll get more conflicting answers when you ask here. Read the form instructions. The task is to prove you met face to face within the last two years, not that you declared love on Facebook.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.