yulay1980

221g on F2A at Colombia US Consulate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello Guys, 

I will tell my situation at U.S. Consulate in Colombia, I have my Interview on January 23rd, 2019 in Caracas, Venezuela, for an Immigrant Visa, (my wife is permanent resident) because the current political situation in Venezuela the U.S. Government closed the Consulate, my case was on stand by for 2 months, then all the cases located in the U.S. Consulate in Venezuela were transferred to Bogotá, I was able to scheduled my interview to April 2nd, 2019, I was in the U.S. on F1 Visa since 2013, I overstayed my visa for 1 year, according to the legal opinion of my attorney I wasn't able to adjust my status inside U.S. because of my visa violation but I was able to do Consular Processing because I never accrued unlawful presence according to a Policy Memorandum of May 2018, that established that those who entered the U.S. on F1 Visa with Duration Status will accrue unlawful presence on August 9, 2018, my attorney told me to leave before I accrue 180 days to not trigger the 3 years ban and that's what I did, I went to my Interview on April 2nd, 2019 the interview was smooth the C.O. asked me:

My wife's name?

This is your first marriage? Yes

What kind of job your wife does? Realtor

When do you leave the States? December 23, 2018

You were deported or you were required a voluntary departure? I leave the country because of the legal opinion of my attorney

When did you entered the States? July 7, 2015

What happened to your studies? I finished my studies on December 15, 2018, My I20 was completed and I have 60 days to leave the country but I didn't.

The C.O. went inside to talked to his superior like 4 times, she came by his desk and checked my passport for 5 minutes and showed him my F1 Stamp with D/S annotation, after that he requested all my civil documents then he requested me the I-864 and the last 3 years of tax returns and W2 or 1099, he checked everything and then went inside again and talked to somebody else, then he told me that my wife's last tax declaration was insufficient and then he gave me a white slip 221g requesting a Joint Sponsor and gave me a Domestic Violence Pamphlet and he kept my passport, he told me sorry but I can't approve your Visa.

I asked him if I send all the documentation required today when I will have an answer, he replied that my case was under Administrative Processing and he will not know when will be ready, just check your email and that's it.

I sent all the Joint Sponsor's Documents by email on April 2, 2019 and the next day I received an email with DS-5535, I filled DS-5535 and I sent it right away, next week after that, I received and email letting me know that they received all the things that they required and I have to wait. 

I have been in A.P. for 58 continuos days and 38 working days, I have been checking my case on CEAC and was updated 10 times then stop on April, 25, 2019 and the last update was on May 10, 2019.

Any person with a case with 221g in Colombia between 2018 and 2019?   

I know that A.P. can last one week, one month, 180 days and more, is unknown for how long I will be waiting but because is not a regular process to give 221g in Colombia I would like to know any person's experience in Colombia, thanks in advance for the support.

Timeline

Hey guys!! I just want to let you know that I was checking my status on CEAC and my case went from Administrative Processing to Issued, I haven't received any email from the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, I will let you know when my visa arrives.

Interview date April 2, 2019

Joint Sponsor Documents sent on April 2, 2019

DS-5535 sent on April 3, 2019 

My case was updated on April 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 than stopped and new update was on April 25, then May 10, 31 and June 3, 4 and Finally Issued on June 5th, 2019.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 10.46.26 AM.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I do not know how to make my own Post in here to ask a question I just joined my fiance and I are waiting for the approval for our k1 Visa it should be here in the next month or two after that it is said before you can schedule an interview at the ogata US embassy in Colombiayour fiance beneficiary has to wait to receive a packet to schedule the interview she cannot receive mail where she is at in Caracas what am I supposed to do about that once they approve the case it says on the embassy website you have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for the beneficiary to receive a packet to explain how to schedule the interview and if she has no place to receive mail in Caracas it's an apartment building what we supposed to do as far as receiving those documents to make the scheduled appointment at the embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, CraigAstrid said:

I do not know how to make my own Post in here to ask a question I just joined my fiance and I are waiting for the approval for our k1 Visa it should be here in the next month or two after that it is said before you can schedule an interview at the ogata US embassy in Colombiayour fiance beneficiary has to wait to receive a packet to schedule the interview she cannot receive mail where she is at in Caracas what am I supposed to do about that once they approve the case it says on the embassy website you have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for the beneficiary to receive a packet to explain how to schedule the interview and if she has no place to receive mail in Caracas it's an apartment building what we supposed to do as far as receiving those documents to make the scheduled appointment at the embassy

You need a physical address to received Pkt3(packet 3) with instructions how to apply/pay for visa/schedule interview/medical exam..etc. Good luck.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Barbaraescalona said:

Hi there! Congrats!!! Can you tell the service center of your case?? Thank you so much

9 minutes ago, GMvietnam said:

You need a physical address to received Pkt3(packet 3) with instructions how to apply/pay for visa/schedule interview/medical exam..etc. Good luck.

Timeline
Just now, yulay1980 said:

Barbaraescalona my visa was an FX1, I sent my I-130 to Phoenix after the approval I handled the Consular Processing with the National Visa Center (NVC), until my interview at the Consulate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.