Jump to content
lilaznboy12

Single certificate

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

We recently just got noa2. For the single certificate in Thailand my fiancé said the single certificate expires in 3 months. Should I wait till August when the documents are at the embassy to start to get the single certificate and then the police certificate? should I start now? But I’m afraid it would expire before I can send in with packet 3. Should I wait?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lilaznboy12 said:

Hi,

 

We recently just got noa2. For the single certificate in Thailand my fiancé said the single certificate expires in 3 months. Should I wait till August when the documents are at the embassy to start to get the single certificate and then the police certificate? should I start now? But I’m afraid it would expire before I can send in with packet 3. Should I wait?

You should have your fiance get the police certificate now since it can take 2-4 weeks.

 

My wife was able to obtain her single certificate at the same time she visited the local government office. If you want to wait , you should wait and get it when the NVC mails your application to the embassy which takes a week or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, John951 said:

You should have your fiance get the police certificate now since it can take 2-4 weeks.

 

My wife was able to obtain her single certificate at the same time she visited the local government office. If you want to wait , you should wait and get it when the NVC mails your application to the embassy which takes a week or so.

Well my fiancé plan to come to the us around feb 15, 2020 due to graduation. So from that she have to get medical around sept due to the 6 months expiration. However, the main question is does the single certificate expiration matter to the embassy? As I will send everything around sept, if she gets the single certificate now, the it will expire late August before we can send into the embassy. We are not in a rush to get the visa due to the February graduation. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lilaznboy12 said:

Well my fiancé plan to come to the us around feb 15, 2020 due to graduation. So from that she have to get medical around sept due to the 6 months expiration. However, the main question is does the single certificate expiration matter to the embassy? As I will send everything around sept, if she gets the single certificate now, the it will expire late August before we can send into the embassy. We are not in a rush to get the visa due to the February graduation. Thanks in advance.

It might, but when they were looking at my fiance's papers she said they just breezed through them fast, but to be safe why not get the single certificate now, send in your packet 3 and before you have your interview go get another incase they bring up the issue at the interview ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 11:41 AM, lilaznboy12 said:

Well my fiancé plan to come to the us around feb 15, 2020 due to graduation. So from that she have to get medical around sept due to the 6 months expiration. However, the main question is does the single certificate expiration matter to the embassy? As I will send everything around sept, if she gets the single certificate now, the it will expire late August before we can send into the embassy. We are not in a rush to get the visa due to the February graduation. Thanks in advance.

Some food for thought.... @lilaznboy12...

 

If your fiancee will not be entering the USA until Feb 15, 2020, you might want to slow things down and delay submission of your Packet 3 until maybe November along with the Medical Exam so the Visa would then likely be issued in November or December.  (Note you may need to request an NOA 2 extension from the Embassy if a delayed Packet 3 submission would result in an expired NOA 2) .  (The Bangkok Embassy is pretty quick with scheduling an interview date and is sometimes as early as a couple of weeks after they have received the Packet 3 documents).   

 

As you seem aware, the Visa will expire 6 months after the date of the Medical Exam, so delaying things by a couple of more months will buy you some flexibility on the back end in scheduling her entry into the USA if there are unforeseen circumstances that could delay her planned entry (an ill family member for example).   (An expiring visa and reasons to delay entry could put a lot of pressure on you and your Fiancee) And some will suggest submission your AOS documents prior to expiration of the Visa is a good idea (although this is a very grey area and topic for another thread.)

 

Anyway, as I suggest, food for thought, but as your plans are, they sound like they will work, but give little room for error on entry date.   Best of luck to completion of your final steps to receiving your Visa!

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

Some food for thought.... @lilaznboy12...

 

If your fiancee will not be entering the USA until Feb 15, 2020, you might want to slow things down and delay submission of your Packet 3 until maybe November along with the Medical Exam so the Visa would then likely be issued in November or December.  (Note you may need to request an NOA 2 extension from the Embassy if a delayed Packet 3 submission would result in an expired NOA 2) .  (The Bangkok Embassy is pretty quick with scheduling an interview date and is sometimes as early as a couple of weeks after they have received the Packet 3 documents).   

 

As you seem aware, the Visa will expire 6 months after the date of the Medical Exam, so delaying things by a couple of more months will buy you some flexibility on the back end in scheduling her entry into the USA if there are unforeseen circumstances that could delay her planned entry (an ill family member for example).   (An expiring visa and reasons to delay entry could put a lot of pressure on you and your Fiancee) And some will suggest submission your AOS documents prior to expiration of the Visa is a good idea (although this is a very grey area and topic for another thread.)

 

Anyway, as I suggest, food for thought, but as your plans are, they sound like they will work, but give little room for error on entry date.   Best of luck to completion of your final steps to receiving your Visa!

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for your reply. Recently I looked up the packet 3 for Thailand and noticed that it has changed. Looks like packet 3 only need two document emailed to them and all other document like passport, police cert, single cert will be hand in at interview. The change looks like it was made in May. Does this mean they will review documents after interview and that visa will be issued later now since document aren’t required to be mailed in before interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lilaznboy12 said:

Thank you for your reply. Recently I looked up the packet 3 for Thailand and noticed that it has changed. Looks like packet 3 only need two document emailed to them and all other document like passport, police cert, single cert will be hand in at interview. The change looks like it was made in May. Does this mean they will review documents after interview and that visa will be issued later now since document aren’t required to be mailed in before interview?

Ah, just saw your other posting about extending your NOA2, so I appears you have are already considered what I was thinking.   

 

As to the new Embassy Packet 3 instructions, it does seem that submission of Packet 3 is now pretty straight forward.   I went through the process last September, so was required to submit copies of requested documents via post mail and bring originals to the interview.   I am not certain why they made the changes to the submission process or how closely they scrutinize the documents.    If it should result in any post processing delays, my expectation is that it would not add more then a week or two, as that is often the time difference between the embassy receiving Packet 3 and performing the interview.

 

My best suggestion is to track other Bangkok bound petitioners who will be following the new packet 3 procedure and see what their experience is.   Maybe you can start a new topic in the Thai forum (New Packet 3 Instructions).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...