Tunisian_tunisia

is this enough evidence ? i751

32 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

...the RFE was specific as to the level of documentation that they wanted, more marriage bonafides.... I had previously sent a comprehensive quarterly financial statement that showed each of the preceding months information, but they wanted EACH monthly statement.... If you really want to see such a RFE request maybe you will get your wish.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:40 PM, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

I would not care to characterize myself as being able to speak for USCIS in describing what they intend as marriage bonafides. I am glad that you have the experience of successfully having your conditions on your residence removed. As one that has successfully been there and done that, all I can say is what I recall of the experience...

Not to gloat, simply to provide a counterpoint to the argument that one needs to provide each and every month's statement: My case was approved recently. No RFE, no interview. Rather than expend effort assembling 48+ months of bank statements, most of them of doubtful value as evidence of marriage bona fides, we focused instead on:

• Building a totality-of-the-circumstances picture of our marriage, the legal standard for adjudicating I-751s, by supplying evidence showing 1) cohabitation, 2) co-mingling of finances/joint ownership of property, 3) shared life experiences, and 4) planning for the future together -- the essential elements of marriage, if you think about it.
  • Providing documents from marriage to the application date for each type of evidence we supplied (quarterly or yearly).
  • Establishing corroboration through careful selection of evidence that supported one another. So, for instance, we purposefully chose those joint bank statements (evidence of co-mingling of finances) that showed rent payments corroborating the apartment lease agreements (evidence of cohabitation) we supplied.
  • Clarity of presentation, by including an "Evidence Guide," a two-column Word table explaining the purpose,  time scope, and gaps in the evidence that followed.
Edited by afrocraft

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i have a question tho, my wife had quit her job back in july 2018  so she can go to school to get a certificate to start a new carrier, in sept 2018 she got the certificate and started job hunting but she didn't have any luck being hired. in December 2018 we have decided that she can stay home until our daughter (my step daughter) start school in September 2019. The reason behind this decision was to provide our daughter with a little bit of pre-shooling and emotional preparation for her next big journey. but since july 2018 i have the only provider in the house, only my income is going in the bank and the money coming in the bank was not big giving the fact that i only get up to 32 hours a week at my job. My question is should i explain this to uscis ? will they dig in my bank statement deep enough to realize that there's only one income going into the bank and it's not enough for a family of 4 ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.