TBoneTX

I-751 January 2018 Filers, Part II

293 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ikeac said:

Wow that’s a short notice! But think on the positive side, soon you will be done with this long and stressful process! Good luck and stay positive, show the office the beauty of your relationship!

I still don’t know if they will request an interview for my I-751 but the wait is killing me.

I have a few worries but trying to stay positive. We are a gay couple and although its 2019 not everyone is on that same page lol I suspect we will be extra scrutinized. I just don't do well in those situations. its like every time I go through TSA they make me feel like a criminal! lol

19 hours ago, Linxx said:

I have a few worries but trying to stay positive. We are a gay couple and although its 2019 not everyone is on that same page lol I suspect we will be extra scrutinized. I just don't do well in those situations. its like every time I go through TSA they make me feel like a criminal! lol

I really really wish you to have a nice IO and easy interview! Please keep us in the loop.

21 hours ago, ikeac said:

Sounds like they are not sure they need to schedule one for you, hope you get approval soon without it! I still don’t know if they will request an interview for my I-751, responsed to a rfe about a month ago and still no news.

Are you from Vermont? Last couple of months Vermont and Nebraska are super super slow on approving rfe responses. People are waiting for 100+ days. Wish it’s not your case! Best of luck!

5 hours ago, vvp said:

Are you from Vermont? Last couple of months Vermont and Nebraska are super super slow on approving rfe responses. People are waiting for 100+ days. Wish it’s not your case! Best of luck!

Yes, VT. Over 3 months for a rfe response?! I think I am gonna apply for N-400 then, heard of people who applied in April and already had combo interview and got approved for both.

1 hour ago, ikeac said:

Yes, VT. Over 3 months for a rfe response?! I think I am gonna apply for N-400 then, heard of people who applied in April and already had combo interview and got approved for both.

It’s your choice. I stayed away from it since my local office’s processing time of n400 is 13-23 months. I don’t want any more delay. If your local office is fast, go for.

Edited by vvp

9 hours ago, vvp said:

It’s your choice. I stayed away from it since my local office’s processing time of n400 is 13-23 months. I don’t want any more delay. If your local office is fast, go for.

Mine is about the same! But one month and no news after response to rfe. I am just thinking that if they an interview, I rather get it all done and have a combo

2 hours ago, ikeac said:

Mine is about the same! But one month and no news after response to rfe. I am just thinking that if they an interview, I rather get it all done and have a combo

So what happens if they see you applied for n400 now and just stop processing your i751. Then they’ll take another year or so to do your n400, schedule combo interview. I think that’s just worse.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:23 AM, vvp said:

So what happens if they see you applied for n400 now and just stop processing your i751. Then they’ll take another year or so to do your n400, schedule combo interview. I think that’s just worse.

Do they always hold on the I-751 if you apply for N-400? What I see for most people is that it actually speed up their process.

has anyone here seen someone approved for I-751 while n-400 is in process?

So my interview is in a week. I didn’t get an RFE, but the letter asked me to bring all the same stuff they asked for when I applied for ROC? My attorney said don’t take anything we already sent them and just bring a continuation of the things from the last year or so. I’m taking all tax transcripts, bank statements, utility bills, car and heath insurance, couple of things like triple A and a couple more pics. 

Would that suffice y’all think?

18 hours ago, Linxx said:

So my interview is in a week. I didn’t get an RFE, but the letter asked me to bring all the same stuff they asked for when I applied for ROC? My attorney said don’t take anything we already sent them and just bring a continuation of the things from the last year or so. I’m taking all tax transcripts, bank statements, utility bills, car and heath insurance, couple of things like triple A and a couple more pics. 

Would that suffice y’all think?

Seems like you have a good amount of evidence. Are you planning to go to the interview with an attorney?

On 6/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, ikeac said:

Do they always hold on the I-751 if you apply for N-400? What I see for most people is that it actually speed up their process.

has anyone here seen someone approved for I-751 while n-400 is in process?

I mean I can’t say for sure, but usually n400 would stop your i751 and then you have to wait until it is your turn to go to the n400 interview and that interview becomes combo.

Our N400 Interview is Scheduled! Still waiting to see day / time - but it looks like the end is nearing.

Did anyone find out beforehand if it was a combo interview? (our 751 is still pending)... Wondering if there's any way to check? 

AOS

1/14/2016 - Mailed I-485/130/131/765
1/15/2016 - USPS tracking confirmed delivery
1/21/2016 - Text message confirmations received
1/26/2016 - Physical mail receipts received for all 4
2/06/2016 - Biometric letter arrived for appt
2/19/2016 - Biometric appointment
2/29/2016 - Status updated on website: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
3/08/2016 - Interview is scheduled for April 8
4/02/2016 - I-765 status set to: New Card is Being Produced; I-131 status set to: Case Was Approved
4/06/2016 - I765 Card was Mailed
4/08/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail; Greencard Interview same day,
4/11/2016 - Online update - I485/I130 are APPROVED!
4/13/2016 - Welcome Letter received in the mail; update online shows Greencard has been mailed

4/18/2016 - GREENCARD ARRIVED!!!

Removal of Conditions

1/10/2018 - Mailed I-751 Next Day Service

1/11/2018 - Arrived to PO Box in Laguna Niguel

1/11/2018 - NOA Notice Date

1/18/2018 - NOA(Extension Letter) physically received in mail

N-400 Application (While I-751 is still Pending)

1/14/2019 - Applied for N400 Online

1/15/2019 - Received notice of acceptance via email

1/19/2019 - Online notice received that biometrics was scheduled

2/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment schedule and completed this day

2/05/2019 - Update on website that biometrics received and no information needed at this time

6/24/2019 - Online Update that Interview is Scheduled

6/26/2019 - Document available online - Interview scheduled for 7/29/2019

7/29/2019 - Interview.... approved!

8/24/2019 - Oath Ceremony

On 5/30/2019 at 2:58 PM, morgan.croft said:

N-400 interview is scheduled for 7/3. 

Hey there! We just got an update our N400 is scheduled too!

Did you ever find out if it's a combo?

AOS

1/14/2016 - Mailed I-485/130/131/765
1/15/2016 - USPS tracking confirmed delivery
1/21/2016 - Text message confirmations received
1/26/2016 - Physical mail receipts received for all 4
2/06/2016 - Biometric letter arrived for appt
2/19/2016 - Biometric appointment
2/29/2016 - Status updated on website: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
3/08/2016 - Interview is scheduled for April 8
4/02/2016 - I-765 status set to: New Card is Being Produced; I-131 status set to: Case Was Approved
4/06/2016 - I765 Card was Mailed
4/08/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail; Greencard Interview same day,
4/11/2016 - Online update - I485/I130 are APPROVED!
4/13/2016 - Welcome Letter received in the mail; update online shows Greencard has been mailed

4/18/2016 - GREENCARD ARRIVED!!!

Removal of Conditions

1/10/2018 - Mailed I-751 Next Day Service

1/11/2018 - Arrived to PO Box in Laguna Niguel

1/11/2018 - NOA Notice Date

1/18/2018 - NOA(Extension Letter) physically received in mail

N-400 Application (While I-751 is still Pending)

1/14/2019 - Applied for N400 Online

1/15/2019 - Received notice of acceptance via email

1/19/2019 - Online notice received that biometrics was scheduled

2/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment schedule and completed this day

2/05/2019 - Update on website that biometrics received and no information needed at this time

6/24/2019 - Online Update that Interview is Scheduled

6/26/2019 - Document available online - Interview scheduled for 7/29/2019

7/29/2019 - Interview.... approved!

8/24/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.