RangerNomad415

Clarity on step after DS260. Confused.

74 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Did the DS260 first and there is NO option on the CEAC website for DS261. Fees say not applicable. How long did you wait in between filing DS260 to NOA2?

NO DS261 needed for DCF.   We filed the DS260 as soon as we had the case number.

And when do you have to pay the fees? Guess I have to tell Mom that DS261 is not applicable. CEAC already has my email and kind of obvious I'm my own agent for my wife.

You pay the fees at the interview.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

On 5/7/2019 at 9:46 PM, RangerNomad415 said:

Did the DS260 first and there is NO option on the CEAC website for DS261. Fees say not applicable. How long did you wait in between filing DS260 to NOA2?

And when do you have to pay the fees? Guess I have to tell Mom that DS261 is not applicable. CEAC already has my email and kind of obvious I'm my own agent for my wife.

Btw thanks to everyone that replied. Very helpful and good to know I'm not alone in this battle.

I filled out DS 260 when I received my MNL case number. You pay at the embassy when you have your interview. 

=To God Be The Glory =

DCF for CR1
02-23-2016 Filed I- 130 @ US Embassy Manila
03-03-2016 NOA 2
03-04-2016 Received MNL Case Number
04-04-2016 Interview (Approved!) Visa ISSUED the same day
04-06-2016 Visa on hand! Picked up from 2Go MOA @ 5:30 PM
04-11-2016 POE @ Minneapolis, MN

05-12-2016 Received SSN

07-07-2016 Greencard arrived!

ROC

01-11-2018 ROC window opens

01-13-2018 Mailed ROC application to CSC

01-26-2018 Received NOA (dated: 01/22) 

05-24-2018 Biometrics 

01-23-2019 i751 Approved 

01-31-2019  10 Year Greencard arrived! 

N400

03-16-2019 Submitted application online

03-16-2019 NOA1

04-09-2019 Biometrics 

11-13-2019 Interview, approved 

12-04-2019 Oath taking. I'm now a naturalized US Citizen. 

=It Always Seems Impossible Until It's Done=

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody! Was finally able to use Ustraveldocs.com and somehow managed to schedule an appointment for September 7th at US Embassy in Manila. 

Armed with I864 form and tax returns of my sponsor (mother), what can I expect for this interview? Anybody else going through this as well? 

Got a tailor made suit made in Thailand just for this occasion. 

Feedback appreciated. 

22 hours ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Hi everybody! Was finally able to use Ustraveldocs.com and somehow managed to schedule an appointment for September 7th at US Embassy in Manila. 

Armed with I864 form and tax returns of my sponsor (mother), what can I expect for this interview? Anybody else going through this as well? 

Got a tailor made suit made in Thailand just for this occasion. 

Feedback appreciated. 

Hi, got the same situation as you. I was confused after DS-260 but managed to get appointment already for Sept. 17. I am the beneficiary and my petitioner is here in Ph also. I prepared civil docs for me and i-864 from my petitioner and dad in law as co-sponsor and i guess its good to go. Goodluck for the upcoming interview. We going California also🙏🙏🙏

3 hours ago, Miz_Suzy said:

Hi, got the same situation as you. I was confused after DS-260 but managed to get appointment already for Sept. 17. I am the beneficiary and my petitioner is here in Ph also. I prepared civil docs for me and i-864 from my petitioner and dad in law as co-sponsor and i guess its good to go. Goodluck for the upcoming interview. We going California also🙏🙏🙏

Hi there, thanks for your reply. You're in the same exact position as my wife. I'm the petitioner who happens to also live here for a bit.

So confused after DS-260, then that long wait of what to do. Am I even doing DCF? Navigated through that terrible USTravelDocs site to finally see an appointment slot available. 

How are you preparing for the interview? You will both be staying nearby Roxas (such a shitty area with so many homeless families sleeping and begging on the street)? We will be booked at a hotel around the corner. 

5 hours ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Hi there, thanks for your reply. You're in the same exact position as my wife. I'm the petitioner who happens to also live here for a bit.

So confused after DS-260, then that long wait of what to do. Am I even doing DCF? Navigated through that terrible USTravelDocs site to finally see an appointment slot available. 

How are you preparing for the interview? You will both be staying nearby Roxas (such a shitty area with so many homeless families sleeping and begging on the street)? We will be booked at a hotel around the corner. 

Yes, we are a DCF Filer also. Our petition got approved last April 17 & received MNL case no. on April 23. I finished my DS-260 last May 15 but because I got confused on the next step to do, I waited long for nothing...I later called the embassy and found out I am eligible to schedule an interview.

I've been reading some interview questions online just to guide me and for some tips as well. I'm gonna request new cenomar and nbi so it will be fresh during the interview. When will you do the medical for your wife? And yes, I am planning to book for a hotel for convenience and so we wont be late during the interview.

6 hours ago, Miz_Suzy said:

Yes, we are a DCF Filer also. Our petition got approved last April 17 & received MNL case no. on April 23. I finished my DS-260 last May 15 but because I got confused on the next step to do, I waited long for nothing...I later called the embassy and found out I am eligible to schedule an interview.

I've been reading some interview questions online just to guide me and for some tips as well. I'm gonna request new cenomar and nbi so it will be fresh during the interview. When will you do the medical for your wife? And yes, I am planning to book for a hotel for convenience and so we wont be late during the interview.

Oh nice, we are the same. "New cenomar?" Is that really necessary?

My wife also has the CFO seminar certificate that they give to women married to Americans leaving the PI, she got that when she was pregnant two years ago even though we were not doing a US Visa like now at that time. 

Are we supposed to do the Medical after the interview? I agree it's all so confusing, hence this post on what the hell to do after DS260 since it's not very clear on their crappy website. 

Does your husband also live here in the Philippines? We got a lot of things here under my name that can help prove I'm a resident, including auto loan, apartment, wifi bills, etc.

Oh nice, we are the same. "New cenomar?" Is that really necessary?

My wife also has the CFO seminar certificate that they give to women married to Americans leaving the PI, she got that when she was pregnant two years ago even though we were not doing a US Visa like now at that time. 

Are we supposed to do the Medical after the interview? I agree it's all so confusing, hence this post on what the hell to do after DS260 since it's not very clear on their crappy website. 

Does your husband also live here in the Philippines? We got a lot of things here under my name that can help prove I'm a resident, including auto loan, apartment, wifi bills, etc.

Yes, cenomar will show bride and groom names on there as well as date of marriage. Just getting one to be sure.

I already have cfo certificate also and it doesn't have expiration. All we have to do is go back to cfo office to get the sticker once the visa is on hand.

Medical is one of the requirements for interview. Have to get it prior to the interview. Your wife can register online and no appointment is necessary.

Yes he's living here since 2015. He's a dual passport holder. How about you? I guess no need to prove you're a resident here in ph, have to prove only that you are domiciled in the US.

4 hours ago, Miz_Suzy said:

Yes, cenomar will show bride and groom names on there as well as date of marriage. Just getting one to be sure.

I already have cfo certificate also and it doesn't have expiration. All we have to do is go back to cfo office to get the sticker once the visa is on hand.

Medical is one of the requirements for interview. Have to get it prior to the interview. Your wife can register online and no appointment is necessary.

Yes he's living here since 2015. He's a dual passport holder. How about you? I guess no need to prove you're a resident here in ph, have to prove only that you are domiciled in the US.

Wait... Medical has to be done BEFORE the interview?! Had no damn idea. Hate how so unclear this whole immigration process is. Really? How do I do this medical then? Did you already do it? 

Thought medical was for after the interview. Not before... Our interview is coming up very soon. 

44 minutes ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Wait... Medical has to be done BEFORE the interview?! Had no damn idea. Hate how so unclear this whole immigration process is. Really? How do I do this medical then? Did you already do it? 

Thought medical was for after the interview. Not before... Our interview is coming up very soon. 

Yes. They may not let you into the embassy to do the interview w/o a completed medical (people have reported mixed experiences with USEM).

The medical is walk-in with SLEC and takes 2 days total (assuming no issues). They will then give you a sealed envelope to hand to the CO at the interview.

https://slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

You might want to re check the guides here and off of the embassy website.   https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

She will also need to pay the visa fee ay the interview.  She will also submit the I-864 at that time. Both are needed since DCF

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

10 hours ago, RangerNomad415 said:

check this link to guide you for the medical:

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

i didn't undergo medical yet but it should be done before the interview for immigrant visa applicants.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:39 AM, Miz_Suzy said:

check this link to guide you for the medical:

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

i didn't undergo medical yet but it should be done before the interview for immigrant visa applicants.

Ok I scheduled the Medical already. Just have to do that STUPID damn 17,025 peso deposit at Security Bank. The Philippines is truly a corrupt cash society lol. So used to putting it on the credit card. Will do that first and do the medical at Saint Luke Extension in dirty Ermita. Just the irony of a medical exam on the streets of Ermita, where you see end less homeless families living and camping on the streets. Irony of it all.

Will also have to book a hotel nearby and stay for two days since that's how long it says it might take. What else should we expect? We will do this medical step sometime next week. Thanks again for letting us know since it wasn't really clear to do this before or after the interview. 

Do I need to accompany her for the medical at all? Or she can just do the medical on her own while I stay in the hotel? Thank my stars everyday being born in a first world country and don't have to mess with immigration, used to take that for granted but not anymore since living in the Philippines. Gives you a bigger appreciation of things.

6 minutes ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Do I need to accompany her for the medical at all? Or she can just do the medical on her own while I stay in the hotel? Thank my stars everyday being born in a first world country and don't have to mess with immigration, used to take that for granted but not anymore since living in the Philippines. Gives you a bigger appreciation of things.

The medical only involves the visa applicant. You can go there if you want, but it would just be waiting with her.

FYI - the process is often mostly similar (just faster) in other first world countries in case you ever wanted to immigrate there. Being born in the US only helps when you're not the one immigrating.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

On 8/16/2019 at 11:09 PM, RangerNomad415 said:

Ok I scheduled the Medical already. Just have to do that STUPID damn 17,025 peso deposit at Security Bank. The Philippines is truly a corrupt cash society lol. So used to putting it on the credit card. Will do that first and do the medical at Saint Luke Extension in dirty Ermita. Just the irony of a medical exam on the streets of Ermita, where you see end less homeless families living and camping on the streets. Irony of it all.

Will also have to book a hotel nearby and stay for two days since that's how long it says it might take. What else should we expect? We will do this medical step sometime next week. Thanks again for letting us know since it wasn't really clear to do this before or after the interview. 

You're welcome. I will do mine this end of August. Its good idea to book a nearby hotel. I don't know what else to expect but lets hope and pray everything will go well and finish early. And tell your wife not to forget the requirements before going there as mention on the link.

Not necessary for you to go there, I read on some blogs they only let the applicants inside.

P.S. Yes, you are lucky enough. No need for you to deal with this kind of stuff. Only us the immigrants. lol😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.