long wait for I-751 approve

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello to all VJ members,

filed I - 751 - 6th Nov, 2017

first received Ext. letter  12 months.

filed N-400 in Nov, 2018

then in Nov, 2018 received 18th months Ext. letter.

after mostly every two week receive email from USCIS  " we are still reviewing your case" 

almost 18 months of  file  I -751.

web site shows 15 to 19.5 months wait time for Vermont Center.

is it ok?

Thx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed July 31, 2017 to CSC. N400 August 2018. Still waiting. Case transferred Dec 23, 2018 to NBC. No other progress but those same every few weeks " We are still reviewing your case" emails. Had infopass appt in April in Phoenix to get I-551 stamp as 18 month extension letter ended on April 25, 2019. Officer could not tell us what the delay is. I think we are one of a few July 2017 filers still waiting. 

You can call USCIS and ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer who would be better equipped with the knowledge of helping you with your case status rather than the Tier 1 agents who have generic details that can be found on the website or case tracker.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You could contact CISOMB, inquiring about the woefully long and protracted adjudication time. 

https://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman

We were coming up on about a year out, awaiting ROC adjudication, felt like we were holding on the end of a rope, just flailing in the wind, OR we got tired of watching paint dry, OR we got tired of watching grass grow..... It is utter nonsense how poorly USCIS treats folks waiting for their ROC process to be done. You have been poked and prodded along by the alphabet federal bureaucratic agencies, i.e., USCIS, DOS, CBP, DHS, SSA, for years (and that doesn't even begin to consider the various states' bureaucracies), for a couple of long and stressful years.

Well anyway, we decided that we had had just about enough, and filed a report the Ombudsman office (CISOMB), inquiring about the apparent lack of action by USCIS. BTW, I am aware of at least one interoffice memorandum from CISOMB to USCIS bemoaning the "slow to none" pace of USCIS adjudications of ROC petitions, and recommendations on how to remedy is situation.  I figured the more reports of USCIS glacial pace of activity, the better. 

Within weeks of submitting the report, we were contacting by CISOMB, given a case report number, and they were going to check it out. Not surprisingly, CISOMB reported back that the pace of ROC adjudications was down, they were trying to catch up the case backload.....blah, blah, blah..... However, the interesting part is that shortly after we got CISOMB involved, we got an RFE from CSC (I think it was about a week later). That was the only thing we had heard from USCIS in months. We responded toot sweet to the RFE, and sent any and all info that we could muster 'cep the kitchen sink. My family received their 10-year GCs about six week after our receipt of the RFE.  Though there is no documentation of any effect as a result of the involvement of CISOMB on our case, but it does seem a bit more than coincidental that the USICS activity seemed to  commence after CISOMB involvement.

YMMV.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.