johnnyI129F

<<AOS from K1 >> package sent but ... ?

28 posts in this topic

Hello! I just sent the package but now after reading here , I want to ask these questions please and if you can advise me for what to do please :

1- The marriage certificate I just included one certified copy in the I485 support documents .. but I didn't included it in  the I-765 support docs and I didn't include it in the I131 support docs as well ( does the one certified copy in the I485 support docs will suffice for the rest as well  ?? !!

2-however I got everything else in each support docs :- G-1145 , Check ( one check 1125$ ) , 2 photos in each file 2x2 .. passport bio page . K1 Visa page and entry stamp .. copy of NOA2 -K1 .. copy of I-94  ( I sent the package overnight  on April 15 the day the I-94 is valid/expire ?! ( the I-94 is valid Until 04/15/2019 ) and uscis received it on April 16 early morning .. I hope that wont be an issue as the I-94 is expired on 04/16 ??!

also sent copy of Social Security card ( as you can get SSN base on K1 Visa ) .. Please advise ? 

3-The other question I have ( I put the reason for the AP I-131 is to go on Vacation with my US Citizen husband on multiple trips ! is that will be an issue ?! 

4- for the I-864 support docs , I mentioned my current income matching the gross income for 2018 ( I am independent contractor so I marked the third option .. very much as independent contractor working for a lot different clients so it hard to get employment letter from bunch of employers so I included a lot of pay stubs  from all companies I work with currently in 2019 .. 1040 for 2018 ( as I just filed my taxes on April 12 so I don't have any transcripts for 2018 yet ) 1099s & W2 for 2018 

Tax transcripts for 2017 , 2016 and 2015 

1099s and W2s for 2017 & 2016 

Also I mentioned the assets I have in Bank Accounts ( I have 6 figures lol ) even my income exceed the poverty level but sent them as additional evidence of capability to support my wife .. and I submitted the latest bank statements shows the assets ,

Does all of that will be okay for not having employers verification letters ?? or should I send a supplement with employer verification letter ( that will take time as I have to contact multiple companies ) ? 

5- The last question I have : The check we sent , the husband made it from his check book for the wife -AOS file..  the wife not having check book yet , is that okay ? 

Thank you so much in advance for all of you . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, johnnyI129F said:

Hello! I just sent the package but now after reading here , I want to ask these questions please and if you can advise me for what to do please :

1- The marriage certificate I just included one certified copy in the I485 support documents .. but I didn't included it in  the I-765 support docs and I didn't include it in the I131 support docs as well ( does the one certified copy in the I485 support docs will suffice for the rest as well  ?? !!

I don't believe the I765 or I131 filed with an I485 require a copy of the marriage certificate, but others may know better.

2-however I got everything else in each support docs :- G-1145 , Check ( one check 1125$ ) , 2 photos in each file 2x2 .. passport bio page . K1 Visa page and entry stamp .. copy of NOA2 -K1 .. copy of I-94  ( I sent the package overnight  on April 15 the day the I-94 is valid/expire ?! ( the I-94 is valid Until 04/15/2019 ) and uscis received it on April 16 early morning .. I hope that wont be an issue as the I-94 is expired on 04/16 ??!

also sent copy of Social Security card ( as you can get SSN base on K1 Visa ) .. Please advise ? 

Not an issue, there is no deadline for filing the AOS, most here will recommend filing it before the I94 expires, but there is no requirement to do that.

3-The other question I have ( I put the reason for the AP I-131 is to go on Vacation with my US Citizen husband on multiple trips ! is that will be an issue ?! 

Many people don't even put in a purpose for the I131, you should be fine.

4- for the I-864 support docs , I mentioned my current income matching the gross income for 2018 ( I am independent contractor so I marked the third option .. very much as independent contractor working for a lot different clients so it hard to get employment letter from bunch of employers so I included a lot of pay stubs  from all companies I work with currently in 2019 .. 1040 for 2018 ( as I just filed my taxes on April 12 so I don't have any transcripts for 2018 yet ) 1099s & W2 for 2018 

Also I mentioned the assets I have in Bank Accounts ( I have 6 figures lol ) even my income exceed the poverty level but sent them as additional evidence of capability to support my wife .. and I submitted the latest bank statements shows the assets ,

Does all of that will be okay for not having employers verification letters ?? or should I send a supplement with employer verification letter ( that will take time as I have to contact multiple companies ) ? 

You should be fine.

5- The last question I have : The check we sent , the husband made it from his check book for the wife -AOS file..  the wife not having check book yet , is that okay ? 

Not an issue.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, johnnyI129F said:

You only need to submit a photocopy of the MC. Yes you need one for each form submission. I received an RFIE for the I765 and I131 because (i'm presuming) they lost my MC photocopies that I sent in with each form submission so this is how i know. I did send in photocopies originally and also photocopies to satisfy the RFIE so I know that they are required and can be photocopies as I have been approved.

The only issue you may have (highly unlikely) is as your status changed from K1 Visa Holder to K1 Visa Holder-out of status the day your I94 expired. K1s really dont have a status title so to speak after the I94 expires so I wouldn't really worry about what you filled in as your status on the I485.

K1s dont need a reason to apply for the I131 as it is a routine application granted to K1 AOS filers without reason.

Provided you submitted all pages and schedules of your 2018 tax return (and not just form 1040) and met the 125%, you should have been fine to not submit any current employment documentation at all.

Yup. Your grandma's, sister's, boyfriend's, cousin's, next door neighbour's dog named Sparkles could have paid for it. They got their money. That's all that matters to them.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

You only need to submit a photocopy of the MC. Yes you need one for each form submission. I received an RFIE for the I765 and I131 because (i'm presuming) they lost my MC photocopies that I sent in with each form submission so this is how i know. I did send in photocopies originally and also photocopies to satisfy the RFIE so I know that they are required and can be photocopies as I have been approved.

The only issue you may have (highly unlikely) is as your status changed from K1 Visa Holder to K1 Visa Holder-out of status the day your I94 expired. K1s really dont have a status title so to speak after the I94 expires so I wouldn't really worry about what you filled in as your status on the I485.

K1s dont need a reason to apply for the I131 as it is a routine application granted to K1 AOS filers without reason.

Provided you submitted all pages and schedules of your 2018 tax return (and not just form 1040) and met the 125%, you should have been fine to not submit any current employment documentation at all.

Yup. Your grandma's, sister's, boyfriend's, cousin's, next door neighbour's dog named Sparkles could have paid for it. They got their money. That's all that matters to them.

Hi , thank you for your response , is there away I can send  copies for the marriage certificate to be attached for the I-131 and I-765 prior to get an RFE ?I don't have receipt numbers yet from uscis since I just sent them 3 days ago .. however if you can enlighten me how to send MC copies and making sure they will be attached for the applications as soon as I receive a receipt/ case # .. I guess that will save the hustle of waiting on an RFE

3 hours ago, johnnyI129F said:

Hi , thank you for your response , is there away I can send  copies for the marriage certificate to be attached for the I-131 and I-765 prior to get an RFE ? No. You just have to wait for the RFIE now.

I don't have receipt numbers yet from uscis since I just sent them 3 days ago .. however if you can enlighten me how to send MC copies and making sure they will be attached for the applications as soon as I receive a receipt/ case # .. I guess that will save the hustle of waiting on an RFE

I just received text massage with the case numbers for the I-485 , I-131  and  I765  ..  checking the case number .. they all start with MSC ?! is that good ? 

for the I-485 it saying : On April 19, 2019, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXX. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

I check my bank.. they cashed the check out .. is that the same for everybody ? for the 1-131 & I1765 they notice says the received on the 16 of April but for the I-485 they accepted the fee on the 19 ? can someone give me a hint of what next please ? 

No Case number for the I-864 ? it shouldn't be as its part of the I-485 right ? 

11 hours ago, johnnyI129F said:

I just received text massage with the case numbers for the I-485 , I-131  and  I765  ..  checking the case number .. they all start with MSC ?! is that good ? 

for the I-485 it saying : On April 19, 2019, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXX. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

I check my bank.. they cashed the check out .. is that the same for everybody ? for the 1-131 & I1765 they notice says the received on the 16 of April but for the I-485 they accepted the fee on the 19 ? can someone give me a hint of what next please ? 

Yes, all of the above is what is supposed to happen. You will receive a biometrics notice to attend within a month but then that's it. Then you wait 5 to 7 months for the EAD/AP to be approved or for an interview to be scheduled for your GC. They are separate processes so GC can take a few months or a few years depending on your local field office (you should look that up so you have an idea of your estimated wait).

The I864 is a supplemental requirement for the I485. You will not receive a receipt number.

No Case number for the I-864 ? it shouldn't be as its part of the I-485 right ? 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

20 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes, all of the above is what is supposed to happen. You will receive a biometrics notice to attend within a month but then that's it. Then you wait 5 to 7 months for the EAD/AP to be approved or for an interview to be scheduled for your GC. They are separate processes so GC can take a few months or a few years depending on your local field office (you should look that up so you have an idea of your estimated wait).

The I864 is a supplemental requirement for the I485. You will not receive a receipt number.

I am in Salt lake city , Utah ..whats the tool to check the estimated time for the local field office .please ?

6 minutes ago, johnnyI129F said:

I am in Salt lake city , Utah ..whats the tool to check the estimated time for the local field office .please ?

SLC may not be your LFO so double check here with your zip code first:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

And then....

....input "I485" and your LFO from the previous step here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

You will need to scroll to the bottom and look for processing times for family based applications.

12 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

SLC may not be your LFO so double check here with your zip code first:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

And then....

Office Address: 660 South 200 East, Suite 400, Salt Lake City, UT 84111  Utah - Salt Lake City Field Office  

Office Days/Hours:

Monday 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday 7:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ( they close early ! ) 
Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (mmm ! ) 
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

12 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

....input "I485" and your LFO from the previous step here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

You will need to scroll to the bottom and look for processing times for family based applications.

11.5 Months to 23 Months
Family-based adjustment applications
June 12, 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.