whardy21

129F Petition Proof of ongoing relationship.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm putting together my 129 F packet and have a question. I have been in a relationship with my Filipino fiancee since September 2014. I met her first  in Thailand in January and May 2015. She moved back to the Philippines in 2016. I been to the Philippines to see her in 2016, 2017, 2018 and going on my final trip next month before I submit my packet. For the proof of the ongoing relationship, do I need submit evidence from when I met her in Thailand (2015) as well (boarding passes, tickets, pictures)? Or do I just submit the evidence when I spent time with her in the Philippines(2016-2019). It says they just need evidence of the last two years. I have all my boarding passes pictures, etc. Please let me know, I don't know how much is too much. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You only need to prove you met once in the 2 years before filing, so you could use the trip right before you file, then include the other visits as extra proof if you were going to " Front load" your packet. I don't believe the Philippines is a very high fraud country ( They do make up over 20% of the total K1 applications). But definitely keep evidence of the visits you have made for interview, and as supporting evidence. 

I believe I included evidence from my last 2-3 trips to see my fiancee, even though I had seen her many times more than that, but I made sure she had proof of the other visits for the interview.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

I included evidence of all trips I have made to Panama and our time together when she was living in the United States. I think what has been suggested by many is to be sure to include a variety of evidence and not simply a large collection of only chat logs. I did original boarding passes, train tickets, tickets to the zoo/movies/museums, screenshots of WhatsApp chats, video calls, Facebook announcement of our engagement, things like that. My packet is likely far larger than is needed, but I wanted to be over-prepared to avoid risk of RFEs.

I will add it's probably important to start from the beginning so the USCIS officer is aware of the circumstances surrounding your first time meeting, but you probably don't need extreme details of everything in between.

Edited by panamerican

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, whardy21 said:

I'm putting together my 129 F packet and have a question. I have been in a relationship with my Filipino fiancee since September 2014. I met her first  in Thailand in January and May 2015. She moved back to the Philippines in 2016. I been to the Philippines to see her in 2016, 2017, 2018 and going on my final trip next month before I submit my packet. For the proof of the ongoing relationship, do I need submit evidence from when I met her in Thailand (2015) as well (boarding passes, tickets, pictures)? Or do I just submit the evidence when I spent time with her in the Philippines(2016-2019). It says they just need evidence of the last two years. I have all my boarding passes pictures, etc. Please let me know, I don't know how much is too much. Thanks!

For the petition,  the most recent meeting.   For the interview,  you ongoing relationship 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.