Sandford010

mistakes on I134

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I've got my interview on Thursday morning and have noticed a few errors on my fiance's fathers I134 (affidavit of support).  For instance, the salary that is inserted is different than the salary from the letter from his employer and he's typed into the box that asks "relationship to sponsor" "Fiance" when it should be "Daughters Fiance".  

I don't know what to do about it, he sent me his pdf form to correct and then print and supplement the pages but it's going to look exactly as if that's what I've done since some of the pages will be A4 and some will be American letter paper.  any advice is greatly appreciated.

Met Online  (Plenty of fish)- 07/29/2014

Met in person (America) - 08/30/15 - 09/11/15                                 Met in person (America) - 02/15/16 - 02/23/16

Met in person (America) - 05/08/16 - 05/21/16                                 Met in person (Scotland) - 09/26/16 - 10/10/16

Met in person (America)  - 03/22/17 - 03/29/17                                Met in Person (America) - 10/27/17 - 01/13/18

Met in Person (Scotland) - 06/06/18 - 07/19/18

Engaged - 06/18/18 - During a trip to Scotland

I-129F Filed - 07/26/18                                                                          NOA1 - 08/01/18

NOA2 - 01/03/19 (155 days after NOA1)                                           NVC Case number assigned - 01/17/19

NVC case sent to embassy - 02/05/19                                              Embassy received - 02/08/19

Packet 3 received - 02/14/19                                                               Medical - 03/21/19

Interview at London Embassy - 04/11/19                                          Visa issued - 04/15/19

Visa and passport received -  04/17/19                                             Entered the U.S (Indianapolis Airport) - 05/19/19

Married - 07/12/2019                                                                            AOS/EAD/AP Filed - 10/02/2019

NOA1 Dates - 10/10/2019                                                                   Biometrics taken - 11/01/2019

Interview Ready to be Scheduled - 12/02/2019                               EAD/AP Approved -  01/24/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sandford010 said:

I've got my interview on Thursday morning and have noticed a few errors on my fiance's fathers I134 (affidavit of support).  For instance, the salary that is inserted is different than the salary from the letter from his employer and he's typed into the box that asks "relationship to sponsor" "Fiance" when it should be "Daughters Fiance".  

I don't know what to do about it, he sent me his pdf form to correct and then print and supplement the pages but it's going to look exactly as if that's what I've done since some of the pages will be A4 and some will be American letter paper.  any advice is greatly appreciated.

Something similar happened with my fiancé and I. He had completed the affidavit and physically brought it over on his last visit before my interview. He had put in a salary, and the letter from his employer stated a different one, when they checked with the accountant they both had been wrong. Anyway, like what you’re suggesting is exactly what we did, I just supplemented the pages, I had the same concern about the different page sizes, but it wasn’t an issue at all when I had my interview 

Edited by Loo1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sandford010 said:

As long as the employer stated an amount over the threshold, I think you will be fine. London is pretty relaxed about an I-134. If asked about the relationship, explain that he got mixed up. The officer can correct it or just laugh and carry on. Dad could also start over and send a scan via email and they would likely take that too.

When you apply for AOS and need an I-864, it will need to be very precise. The USCIS RFEs for the tiniest errors. London not so much for fiances because it's a subjective decision whether the officer feels you'll be fine. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.