Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tutuka

Question about cosponsor not working {SPLIT}

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 2/17/2019 at 12:15 AM, pushbrk said:

Correct.  The original post makes no sense whatsoever.  If you haven't even seen the NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke the approval of the petition) then nothing has been "re-approved".  You wait for the NOIR and respond to it accordingly.  THEN, you wait for their response.  IF, and only if, they reaffirm the petition approval, a new interview will be scheduled.  The visa decision is still going to be made at the Consular Immigrant Visa Unit in Accra, but they cannot deny the visa for the same SPECIFIC reason they used the first time.

Hi pushbrk, side question pls. My wife(petitioner) has been wid me in ghana for  2years widout working and nw my case which was sent back in 2016 for review has been reaffirmed(after rebutting to NOIR) on  15th March 2019 n currently wid d embassy for another appointment.  

 

MY QUESTION;  My UNCLE who has been a co-sponsor still gonna be as well same for dis time as well. He earns good . I hope still vn him to co-sponsor me dis 2nd time Woudnt be a problem considering my wife not working for d past 2years.  Any insight will be greatly appreciated.  Thks. 

Edited by Tutuka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tutuka said:

Hi pushbrk, side question pls. My wife(petitioner) has been wid me in ghana for  2years widout working and nw my case which was sent back in 2016 for review has been reaffirmed(after rebutting to NOIR) on  15th March 2019 n currently wid d embassy for another appointment.  

 

MY QUESTION;  My UNCLE who has been a co-sponsor still gonna be as well same for dis time as well. He earns good . I hope still vn him to co-sponsor me dis 2nd time Woudnt be a problem considering my wife not working for d past 2years.  Any insight will be greatly appreciated.  Thks. 

Your uncle and a wife not working would COULD BE a problem, yes.  It really depends on the totality of circumstances.  YOUR family being the ones with the financial means instead of hers can make it look like a less bona fide relationship that is for an immigration benefit only.  Her staying with you two years, may well overcome that concern though.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Your uncle and a wife not working would COULD BE a problem, yes.  It really depends on the totality of circumstances.  YOUR family being the ones with the financial means instead of hers can make it look like a less bona fide relationship that is for an immigration benefit only.  Her staying with you two years, may well overcome that concern though.

Thanks for ur prompt response pushbrk.  D point here  is, my uncle as d co-sponsor is in active business n still earning great.  We( my n wife) ve 2 kids(first child born in US and 2nd child born in Ghana n both ve dier American passports wid my name on dier birth certs pls). Hope co-sponsorship Woudnt be a problem considering my wife's unemployed status pls. Thks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 3:25 AM, Tutuka said:

Thanks for ur prompt response pushbrk.  D point here  is, my uncle as d co-sponsor is in active business n still earning great.  We( my n wife) ve 2 kids(first child born in US and 2nd child born in Ghana n both ve dier American passports wid my name on dier birth certs pls). Hope co-sponsorship Woudnt be a problem considering my wife's unemployed status pls. Thks 

Your wife not working should be fine, since you have a co-sponsor (who is in the US, correct?) that should make enough to qualify.


Our CR1 Journey So Far:
 

USCIS Stage:

  • Feb 8 2019: Sent package
  • Feb 14 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 21 2019: NOA1 (PD Feb 14, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center (yay... 🙄)
  • Waiting for: NOA2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

Your wife not working should be fine, since you have a co-sponsor (who is in the US, correct?) that should make enough to qualify.

Thanks Lily.  Yeaah ryt, co-sponsor still in active business in USA. Thanks soo much. Grateful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×