Jump to content
K&M's Journey

Flying out from Canada to Philippines as US green card holder

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts



Since I can't find much information about this and can't find a hotline number to call, I'll post a question here incase there is someone with the same experience.


I am a US permanent resident living upstate. I want to purchase a PAL direct flight from Toronto to the Philippines as it is cheaper and travel time is 10 hours shorter than from where I am. Is it possible to fly out of Canada as a US green card holder? Are there other documents I need other than an eTA as I know this is needed for transit from Canda to the US?  I've been to Canada via a car once when we visited my stepkids and didn't have any problem at the border. But I'm assuming it will be completely different when boarding a flight.


Will try to see how to get further information directly from Canadian Immigration. But for the meantime, any information will be of great help. Thank you in advance! 😃

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You just need the eTA (if you are going US to CAN or PHL to CAN) and that is it.   It is that easy.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 8:33 PM, payxibka said:

As far as I know , Canada does not have exit controls

Just clearing, by that you mean I may not have to go through Immigration at the airport to exit? We'll cross the border by car to Hamilton and maybe stay a day to visit family there and then fly out Toronto to the Philippines the next day. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.