mamalovesdada

husband wants to go with CR1

9 posts in this topic

ok, i just talked to my husband on the phone and for some reason, he wants to go for Cr1. When a few months ago, he wants to do K3. :unsure: I am really confused now. K3 will shorten the period of us being apart however, we have to do the adjustment of status right? :hehe: my question is, when i do my AOS, do i have to go back to my country of residence for the I130/CR1 interview? what are the disadvantages?

I also want to go for the CR1 because as what i've read in the forum, :blush: we don't have any paperworks to be done once i get to the states however it'll be a long wait. Any advice, information will be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

K3

2007-07-17 I-129F APPROVED via email

I-129f was approved in 116 days.

Interview Date - OCTOBER 1, 2007

Received Visa - October 2, 2007

Arrived U.S - October 3, 2007

EAD

01-19-2008 - Sent EAD Application

01-30-2008 - NOA Received

02-12-2008 - Card production ordered

02-13-2008 - Second Notice for Card Production

02-15-2008 - EAD Approval Notice

My EAD was approved in 27 days

02-19-2008 - Received EAD CARD

04-16-2008 - SSN application

05-10-2008 - Received SSN Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You need to investigate this further. Since you also submitted an I-129F for the K-3 visa, the NVC might hold the I-130 and continue with the K-3 instead of the CR-1. In that case, you would need to file an I-824 to disregard the K-3 and continue with the CR-1. That petition alone will cost $200 I believe and take approximately 6 months to process.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

I-824? you mean after i receive NOA2 right? or should i do it now? this is really confusing... yeah, 6 months is a very long wait... :unsure:

K3

EAD

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I-824? you mean after i receive NOA2 right? or should i do it now? this is really confusing... yeah, 6 months is a very long wait... :unsure:

I would not do it now. If your timeline is correct, your petitions are at separate service centers. This information is critical. Please make certain it is accurate.

With the petitions at different service centers throughout the USCIS process, it is unlikely your I-130 will be retained at one of them. As such you have a possibility for the best case scenario, in that both cases will continue to process after USCIS approval. The K3 will race along on its own and you'll need to keep pushing the I-130 through NVC.

The best case scenario is that you receive a K3 interview date and the I-130 catches up and arrives on station even a day before that interview. Then your interview becomes a CR1 instead of a K3. Effectively, you get a CR1 visa in a K3 time frame. Of course, this whole scenario leaves as many options open as long as possible. There is no need to abandon the K3 process early. Wait and see how both cases progress.

On the other hand, if USCIS ends up connecting the two cases like they are supposed to, your I-130 will pretty much be dead, in terms of a CR1 visa. You shot it in the foot by filing the I-129. It will sit and wait for your AOS process before being resurrected. It looks to me like you're going to get lucky though. Is that timeline accurate?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
The best case scenario is that you receive a K3 interview date and the I-130 catches up and arrives on station even a day before that interview. Then your interview becomes a CR1 instead of a K3. Effectively, you get a CR1 visa in a K3 time frame.

pushbrk, I have a question that I would appreciate if you can answer. If I get a K3 interview and the I130 also gets to the consulate before the K3 interview. Would the K3 automatically change into CR1 interview or I would have to ask the consulate to change it to CR1 interview?

FORM I-130 PROCESS

Jan. 15, 2007 - Got married in India

Feb. 02, 2007 - Sent Form I-130 via Certified mail

Feb. 05, 2007 - NSC Receives Form I-130

Feb 07, 2007 - NOA-1

Mar. 15, 2007 - Touched

April. 11, 2007 - Touched

April 17, 2007- Approved!!

May 01, 2007- Touched

NVC Processing of I-130

April 27, 2007- Received by NVC

May 14, 2007- IV Bill and AOS fee bill Generated

May 22, 2007- Sent AOS fee bill

May 27, 2007- Received AOS fee bill in mail

June 11, 2007- Received I-864 package in mail

June 14, 2007- Still no IV bill. Called NVC so that they can resend it.

June 18, 2007- Sent completed I-864 package

June 22, 2007- Still no IV bill

June 25, 2007- Finally Received and Paid the IV bill!!

August 05, 2007- Sent DS-230

August 21, 2007- Case Completed at NVC

August 27, 2007- Case Forwarded to Embassy

October 15, 2007- Interview!! Visa approved!!

October 18, 2007- Visa in hand

October 27, 2007- US arrival!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went through the entire K3 process start to finish (well almost, my Interview is May 31) and I still have have not heard anything about the I 824 we filed in November.

I am very happy we went the K3 route.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The best case scenario is that you receive a K3 interview date and the I-130 catches up and arrives on station even a day before that interview. Then your interview becomes a CR1 instead of a K3. Effectively, you get a CR1 visa in a K3 time frame.

pushbrk, I have a question that I would appreciate if you can answer. If I get a K3 interview and the I130 also gets to the consulate before the K3 interview. Would the K3 automatically change into CR1 interview or I would have to ask the consulate to change it to CR1 interview?

It is supposed to happen automatically but I wouldn't count on it. Once you know the CR1 case is on station, I would email them to notify them both cases are there and that your would like to interview for the CR1 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

:)Hi Pushbrk! yes i am positive that our timeline is accurate and that everyday we check for updates and emails hoping they'd give us some answers. My husband actually spoke to one of the immigration officers and he asked about the different service centers. Why our I-130 was transfered in CSC and our I-129F is in Vernmont. He was told "they can transfer it wherever they want" Below is the email we received from USCIS for both I130 and I129F.

I130

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN that was transferred to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I129F

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that was transferred to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

We really don't know what to do now. :(

In addition to that... we never got any touches!!! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edited by mamalovesdada

K3

EAD

ok! we decided to go for K3... wooohooooh! i hope we'll get our approval soon! i can't wait to be with my husband!

K3

EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.