LIC0915

HELP! Something wrong with the way I uploaded the AOS support docs?

11 posts in this topic

So I finished I864 form and uploaded a combined PDF of tax transcript, w2, paystub and employment verification letter to the CEAC as support. And got a message saying "We are unable to accept multiple document types combined. Please delete these documents and submit each document under the appropriate document type". The thing is their instruction on the website says "2. Multipage documents should be scanned into one PDF file, if possible.", which is why I combined all these documents for submission. Am I mis-reading the instructions? Also I can't delete the original documents uploaded...and the status says "accepted already". Should I just upload each document separately in the Additional AOS Supporting Documentation section? Just tried calling NVC and after listening to a super long English+Spanish auto voice message they hung up on me. Thought their hours start from 9am? Like seriously this is so confusing and frustrating...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 minutes ago, LIC0915 said:

So I finished I864 form and uploaded a combined PDF of tax transcript, w2, paystub and employment verification letter to the CEAC as support. And got a message saying "We are unable to accept multiple document types combined. Please delete these documents and submit each document under the appropriate document type". The thing is their instruction on the website says "2. Multipage documents should be scanned into one PDF file, if possible.", which is why I combined all these documents for submission. Am I mis-reading the instructions? Also I can't delete the original documents uploaded...and the status says "accepted already". Should I just upload each document separately in the Additional AOS Supporting Documentation section? Just tried calling NVC and after listening to a super long English+Spanish auto voice message they hung up on me. Thought their hours start from 9am? Like seriously this is so confusing and frustrating...

You have to upload each of these things under their own file type. Don't put them all together. You choose "Employment verification" from the drop down menu, then upload your employment verification letter. Then choose "Tax transcript" from the drop down menu and upload your tax transcript, choose "W-2" from drop down menu and upload your W-2, and so on and so forth.

You are misunderstanding their instruction about multipage documents being uploaded together- they are referring to things like, if your tax transcript is 3 pages long, they want this uploaded as one. But they don't want you uploading your tax transcript and your W2 together. I hope this makes sense the way I'm explaining it. Good luck.

one more thing- NVC phone lines open at 7am EST. If you're not able to delete the documents I would just upload each document separately like you said. Usually when the reject documents, they make so that you can edit/delete/add documents so I'm not sure why you're not able to delete them. Maybe try calling NVC again and see if someone can assist you.

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

5 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

You have to upload each of these things under their own file type. Don't put them all together. You choose "Employment verification" from the drop down menu, then upload your employment verification letter. Then choose "Tax transcript" from the drop down menu and upload your tax transcript, choose "W-2" from drop down menu and upload your W-2, and so on and so forth.

You are misunderstanding their instruction about multipage documents being uploaded together- they are referring to things like, if your tax transcript is 3 pages long, they want this uploaded as one. But they don't want you uploading your tax transcript and your W2 together. I hope this makes sense the way I'm explaining it. Good luck.

Hi Apple Bee thanks so much! I will upload per instructions above. Do you know how to delete the combined PDF I already uploaded earlier? There is no button in the action column for me to click on...or should I just leave it there? The status says "accepted". 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, LIC0915 said:

Hi Apple Bee thanks so much! I will upload per instructions above. Do you know how to delete the combined PDF I already uploaded earlier? There is no button in the action column for me to click on...or should I just leave it there? The status says "accepted". 

Are these things under the "Required Documents" section  or "Additional (Optional)" section? If it's under optional, I would just add the files separately and submit and hopefully when NVC reviews it again they will see you have now done it the way they asked. There should be a little arrow next to the file that you click that I believe gives you the option to "view" or "delete" document. If it's under "Required" and this little arrow is not available, then you may have to try getting in touch with NVC to let them know you're not able to delete the documents they want corrected so someone can "unlock" it to make it possible for you to edit. It should've been done already when they sent you a message telling you it couldn't be accepted.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

1 hour ago, Apple Bee said:

Are these things under the "Required Documents" section  or "Additional (Optional)" section? If it's under optional, I would just add the files separately and submit and hopefully when NVC reviews it again they will see you have now done it the way they asked. There should be a little arrow next to the file that you click that I believe gives you the option to "view" or "delete" document. If it's under "Required" and this little arrow is not available, then you may have to try getting in touch with NVC to let them know you're not able to delete the documents they want corrected so someone can "unlock" it to make it possible for you to edit. It should've been done already when they sent you a message telling you it couldn't be accepted.

Alright I just resubmitted everything separately using the drop-down list. Going to leave the original combined PDF there until NVC answers the phone. Just called again and got hung up again...Do you know how long it takes for NVC to get back to me once the documents are re-uploaded per their comments?  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LIC0915 said:

Alright I just resubmitted everything separately using the drop-down list. Going to leave the original combined PDF there until NVC answers the phone. Just called again and got hung up again...Do you know how long it takes for NVC to get back to me once the documents are re-uploaded per their comments?  

It seems as though they are responding quicker than usual. The first time I submitted my documents (3/5/19) they responded 3 days later to tell me two issues needed to be corrected. After I corrected the items the same day, they responded exactly a week later telling me all documents were accepted and the case was complete and I am now waiting for an interview. And many other members here have been getting responses from them pretty fast also.

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

11 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

It seems as though they are responding quicker than usual. The first time I submitted my documents (3/5/19) they responded 3 days later to tell me two issues needed to be corrected. After I corrected the items the same day, they responded exactly a week later telling me all documents were accepted and the case was complete and I am now waiting for an interview. And many other members here have been getting responses from them pretty fast also.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Hopefully they will get back to me ASAP :) 

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, Apple Bee said:

Hey! I know that this thread was a year ago, but I have a related question: Can a letter of explanation be bundled in the same PDF as a police certificate and the translation? the letter of explanation is regarding the date on the police certificate. the bundled documents would be uploaded together in the same PDF under the required civil document of "Police Certificate".

Thank you for your insight!

On 4/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, Apple Bee said:

That’s very fast. We submitted documents for my mom more than a month ago, and I haven’t heard anything from nvc yet.

• 3 years later...
On 4/4/2019 at 11:53 AM, LIC0915 said:

hey I’m in your exact situation.
- Did uploading as “additional documents” end up working out?

- Were you ever able to contact nvc and get them to unlock the i864 file upload for you? 

Have main, joint, and i864A all signed in blue ink. Had no idea had to be black for signature. 

I will lose my job in US if we must wait 3 months just to be rejected and then resubmit and wait 3 more months. 

So I’m trying to delete/re up oad the “required” i864 but there’s no edit or delete arrow. 

Otherwise I’ll have to redo all three i864 and upload as additional documents. Even then, I have no idea if they’d accept that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.