John & Rose

CR-1 NVC

18 posts in this topic

I’ve uploaded all files and paid all fees.  The email I got from NVC told me to submit all forms. CEAC shows submitted. In my CEAC status it tells me to mail all the forms to NVC but online it says to upload or mail. Am is supposed to do both for Manila?  Upload and mail?  Has anyone else been through this?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I’ve uploaded all files and paid all fees.  The email I got from NVC told me to submit all forms. CEAC shows submitted. In my CEAC status it tells me to mail all the forms to NVC but online it says to upload or mail. Am is supposed to do both for Manila?  Upload and mail?  Has anyone else been through this?

From the USEM website:

Please bring all the required documents listed below to your visa interview to facilitate same-day approval. Note that you risk SIGNIFICANT DELAYS by failing to bring all documentary requirements to your interview.

It is strongly recommended that you RESCHEDULE your visa interview date if you are unable to bring all the required documentation below. You may do so by clicking this link http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or calling the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (+632) 548-8223 or (+632) 792-8988.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I realize that but the email from NVC said to submit and begin electronic processing. My CEAC status says “Action Required: Submit Paperwork”. In the body in the CEAC status it says to gather all documents and mail them to NVC with the address listed. On the DoS website it says that some embassies require mailing but only do the format as required by your embassy. Other sites say the NVC stopped accepting mailed packages for Manila in July of 2018. The last papers were uploaded and submitted last Thursday and there has been no change in CEAC. We are supposed to be expedited but we seem to be stuck in some type of loop. I was wondering if I should mail the documents too. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I realize that but the email from NVC said to submit and begin electronic processing. My CEAC status says “Action Required: Submit Paperwork”. In the body in the CEAC status it says to gather all documents and mail them to NVC with the address listed. On the DoS website it says that some embassies require mailing but only do the format as required by your embassy. Other sites say the NVC stopped accepting mailed packages for Manila in July of 2018. The last papers were uploaded and submitted last Thursday and there has been no change in CEAC. We are supposed to be expedited but we seem to be stuck in some type of loop. I was wondering if I should mail the documents too. 

You do NOT mail to the embassy.

Follow their website ... K.I.S.S.

Even the DOS website  notates .. BRING TO THE INTERVIEW.

Step 3: Gather Documents Required for the Interview

Every visa applicant no matter their age must bring certain documents to the interview, including photographs, the original version of all civil documents submitted to NVC, copies of those documents, and financial documents from the petitioner and any other financial sponsors.  Please review Items Your Must Bring to Your Visa Interview. You must bring the documents on this list even if you submitted a photocopy of them to NVC

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

This is still at NVC. Website and email say electronic processing but CEAC status says to mail to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The email say do not mail anything but also includes the AOS cover sheet to put in front of the mailed package. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Dang, I thought you were all over with and everyone had visas and your fiancé and kids were all living in the USA by now

Wife not fiancee 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Thank You for the clarification 

I am gonna be on your post like a chicken on junebug 😈

You encourage me to become a better member :)

YMMV

Timeline
46 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

This is still at NVC. Website and email say electronic processing but CEAC status says to mail to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The email say do not mail anything but also includes the AOS cover sheet to put in front of the mailed package. 

Your question was - Do I do both for Manila?       Upload and mail?    

Manila to me means the embassy.

As for NVC if you uploaded all the documents then just be patient for the human to update the system  :lol:  

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

It is so bizarre.  First I get an email saying that they received the AoS package and they include a cover sheet for mailing to NVC.  10 minutes later I get the welcome letter that says IN BOLD Do not mail anything to NVC even if previously told to do so. Then my CEAC status tells me to mail all documents to NVC.

IMG_5168.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Your question was - Do I do both for Manila?       Upload and mail?    

Manila to me means the embassy.

As for NVC if you uploaded all the documents then just be patient for the human to update the system  :lol:  

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

NVC says that the Embassy determines how it is processed.  I should have been more clear.  

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Still no change.  With the 20 calls I made this morning I am at 275 calls that end with them hanging up after the long Spanish explanation that they are busy.  CEAC say both to mail and not to mail documents.  I have no idea what to do.  I guess I should just mail everything for all three of them even though they says in bold print not to mail anything.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

UPDATE...I actually just got through.  I was only on hold for 42 minutes!  They have everything they need.  They told me not to mail anything as it would be shredded if they did receive it.  They do not accept ANY mail for electronic only petitions.  They said that the expedite takes place after they review the petition and that can take up to 3 weeks.  We are all good.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.