Zoltan K

Police Certificate (THAI)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hi Guys,

The below requirement is per the embassy's information packet. 

The current processing time is 30 business days.

Can the packet 3 cover letter be replaced by some other paperwork to start to obtain the police certificate for a K1 fiancee visa in Thailand?

Please share your experience.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THAI POLICE CLEARANCE APPLICATION for APPLICANT RESIDING IN THAILAND
• Requesting letter from the embassy of the country to which the applicant plans to travel. A notice from the US Embassy regarding your case (i.e. a packet 3 cover letter) can be used for this purpose.

thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Police Records

Available. Police certificates are obtainable from:

Section 3, Sub-Division 2. General Staff Division
Special Branch
Royal Thai Police Department
Rama I Road
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Residents of Thailand requesting a Thai police certificate will need to present two recent photographs (2 inch x 2 inch), the original and a copy of his/her passport, identification card, household registration, name change certificate (if any), marriage and divorce certificate (if any). Thai males aged 17-45 must also present military record or proof of exemption from military service.

Non-residents should send their requests to the Royal Thai Police Department at the above address with the required documents and a fingerprint taken by a police authority at their place of residence.

Normal processing time is two to three weeks. There is no processing fee.

YMMV

Timeline

to avoid further misunderstanding...I'm not asking where to get this. I'm asking about a specific point which the embassy describes:

INSTRUCTION FOR THAI POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
Important Note: The IV unit provides this information as a courtesy to applicants.
Requirements for the Thai Police Clearance Certificate may change without notice. It is the
applicant’s responsibility to contact the relevant office and to learn what information or
documents he/she will need to submit for the certificate.

Thai police certificates are available from:
The Police Clearance Service Center
Building 24, Royal Thai Police Headquarters
Rama I Road, Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330
Tel: 0-2205-2168-9
Fax: 0-2205-1295
E-mail: pcscenter@royalthaipolice.go.th, pcsc.thaipolice@gmail.com
The office is open Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from 8:30AM – 4:30PM without lunch break.
There is 100 Baht fee for the police clearance service and no express service or any extra charges.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THAI POLICE CLEARANCE APPLICATION
APPLICANT RESIDING IN THAILAND
The applicant can contact Police Clearance Service Center in person with the following documents:
THAI NATIONAL APPLICANT
• Passport with one photocopy
• Thai ID card with one photocopy
• House registration with one photocopy
• In case of name or surname change, name or surname change certificate is required with
one photocopy.
• Military service document (Sor Dor 8 or Sor Dor 43 or the certificate of completion of 3-year
or 5-year reserve officer training course, either of which needed for Thai male who is over the
age of 20 and Sor Dor 9 for applicant between the age of 17-19) with one photocopy.
• Marriage certificate or divorce certificate (if available) with one photocopy
• Requesting letter from the embassy of the country to which the applicant plans to travel. A
notice from the US Embassy regarding your case (i.e. a packet 3 cover letter) can be used for
this purpose.

• A photocopied passport of your American petitioner
• In case of a minor child applicant, the legal guardian has to be present to sign consent.

thaipolicecert.pdf

Timeline
5 hours ago, Zoltan K said:

hi Guys,

The below requirement is per the embassy's information packet. 

The current processing time is 30 business days.

Can the packet 3 cover letter be replaced by some other paperwork to start to obtain the police certificate for a K1 fiancee visa in Thailand?

Please share your experience.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THAI POLICE CLEARANCE APPLICATION for APPLICANT RESIDING IN THAILAND
• Requesting letter from the embassy of the country to which the applicant plans to travel. A notice from the US Embassy regarding your case (i.e. a packet 3 cover letter) can be used for this purpose.

thank you

I sent my fiancee a copy of noa2 and they used that she has police cert before nvc has sent anything to the embassy. Hope this helps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

At first, one of the staff who checks the documents didn't want to accept my NOA2 so I asked another staff. When they saw my US tourist visa, they accepted it. I don't know why, though. Anyway, processing time is 3 working weeks.

The staff accepted a copy of our NOA2 (I-797) so we didn't have to wait until the packet 3.  They asked if we wanted expedited for around 1000 baht (even though the embassy says there are not expedited services), but since I got it early, we paid the 100 baht fee and picked up our police certificate about 3 weeks later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.