1,621 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2019 at 12:57 AM, Vikingoutwest said:

Congratulations on getting your date!! A couple of weeks and you will be doooooone! Also, thank you for the encouragement:-) I have no idea about the passport process, but I am sure someone else  here knows! 

Thank you :) yeah, I got chars reply that we can apply for same day and expedite request occur in 2 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Passed my combo interview!

1) What is an amendment?

2) What did the declaration of independence do?

3) Who Veto bills?

4) Name one branch or part of the government. 

5) What did the Declaration of Independence do?

6) There were 13 original colonies. Name 3.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alcione said:

Passed my combo interview!

1) What is an amendment?

2) What did the declaration of independence do?

3) Who Veto bills?

4) Name one branch or part of the government. 

5) What did the Declaration of Independence do?

6) There were 13 original colonies. Name 3.

Congratulations!!! And thank you for sharing the questions you got. Let us know when your oath will be!! :D

4/23/2019 (Day 00): N-400 filed Online (Portland, OR), Receipt Notice

4/27/2019 (Day 04): Biometrics scheduled

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

5/06/2019 (Day 13): Biometrics letter received in mail

5/15/2019 (Day 22): Biometrics appointment

5/16/2019 (Day 23): Reviewed biometrics

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

10/18/2019 (Day 178): Interview document uploaded to Myuscis

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

11/26/2019 (Day 217): Myuscis says "We approved your application" 

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

01/17/2020 (Day 269): Myuscis says "We scheduled your naturalization ceremony"

01/18/2020 (Day 270): Oath Ceremony document uploaded to Myuscis

02/06/2020 (Day 289): Oath Ceremony in Portland, Oregon

Uscis Processing Timelines https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

Timeline
1 hour ago, chars said:

N400 Interview Experience at Philadelphia USCIS' Field Office October 9, 2019 @ 10am

So my situation is not strange to every original filer on this group. I had earlier on intended to withdraw my N400 application at the interview due to bitter marriage confusion that I thought would've led to an immediate divorce. Well, two (2) days before my interview, I made the decision not to withdraw based on advise from people like you, immediate relatives, and two (2) lawyers. 

had my interview in Philadelphia today (filed late March, 3 years rule). 

I arrived 3 hours early before my interview to avoid any unforeseen circumstances. I played it rather safe than sorry because of traffic, mechanical breakdown, traffic stop, etc. I didn't check in until it was time.  Check in was super easy and then the wait started. There are three doors out of which the officers will come and call your number. Mine was number 1. The receptionist will let you know which door or/section is yours when you checked in. Please be informed that even though you arrived early, they will not call you in until it's your time.

I waited for about 20 minutes after I checked in before my number was called. The officer, an African American woman in her 50s came out, called my name and walked me through the door that leads to her office.

NOTE: I took every single document related to my immigration history. Always play it safe.

She placed me under oath, and then requested my diver's license, green card, and passport. She took my picture and my fingerprints. 
First up was the test.

My six questions were:

1. Who is the father of our country?
2. If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
3. Name one branch of the government?

4. There are how many justices on the supreme Court?
5. Who veto bills?
6. We vote US senator for how many years?
The 'read' sentence was ' Who was the first president of the United States?'
The 'write' sentence was ' Washington was our first president.

Then we went through the application, asked me to state my full name, date of birth, whether I'm working, my wife's name,  and she made some corrections for me (for example I put in that my wife was married '1' time, which obviously she was married before. It should've been 2 times and not 1. (This was honest  misunderstanding of that question) She also asked me for the full name of wife's prior spouse, if we have any kids. She asked me whether my traffic citation was paid. She asked if I'm still married and living with my spouse. She didn't ask me when I became permanent resident, what date I got married, what date I started work or how long I been there. She didn't ask me for any dates on my application with the exception of my date of birth.

NOTE: I memorized all the dates on my application.

She then went to the 'YES' and 'NO' questions and asked every single question. As others have said, they go through all questions again. 

At the end I had to sign for the changes she made and then sign for the oath. 

For some reason, she couldn't find my tax returns' documents, marriage certificate, divorce decree, and our son's birth certificate on her system. I told her I did upload all of them, but she insisted she can't find it. I kindly ask her to check to (Upload additional evidence tab)... and yes behold it was right there. I took deep breath of relieve. She looked at the supporting documents I had uploaded. She didn't ask for any of the originals that I brought (wife's's passport or naturalization cert or anything).

Then she took the piece of paper with the boxes and marked  'passed civic and history and recommending my application for approval'.

My officer was super really really nice, friendly, professional, and interactive. She made me feel at ease; even though I was 10% nervous and 90% anxious which is normal for this process. We talked about the weather, how she was feeling hungry and planned on going for lunch right after her next interview. 

FUN FACT:

The officer who interviewed me for my N400 is the best friend to the lady who interviewed us during our Adjustment of Status interview but has since retired. 

What were my tips.

1. I maintained eye contact and smile throughout the interview

2. I was truthful

3. I only answered questions that were asked (I didn't volunteer answers or talk too much)

4. I prepared very well ( studied the civics and history and memorized all the answers.

5. I reviewed my N400 application and knew my responses

Each case is unique and different. Don't read too much into people's negative interview experiences and conclude that yours will be the same as theirs. Be yourself, be positive, keep the 'WHY IF' out of your mind. Be respectful, professional, truthful and honest. Sometimes the little things that we intend to hide doesn't matter or wouldn't affect USCIS' decision about your case. 

However, this journey is not over yet but my anxiety has dropped to 10%. Good luck to everyone and be blessed.

Screenshot_2019-10-09-18-33-46-01.jpeg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY CHARSSSSS! Omg I am so happy to hear your news! And I am so so glad that you decided to go ahead with the interview (I was really hoping you would)! Thank you for your detailed helpful description of the interview process, and how you prepared - this will be super helpful to so many of us 😄 I am seriously smiling ear to ear right now at this news, because I really felt for you having to deal with a difficult situation. CONGRATULATIONS! I will cross fingers that your oath date comes soon also 🙂

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

@Vikingoutwest, you're one of those who inspired my decision to go. Thanks for the group update and we're praying too that yours and many who are still waiting come sooner. We should all smile together. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, chars said:

N400 Interview Experience at Philadelphia USCIS' Field Office October 9, 2019 @ 10am

So my situation is not strange to every original filer on this group. I had earlier on intended to withdraw my N400 application at the interview due to bitter marriage confusion that I thought would've led to an immediate divorce. Well, two (2) days before my interview, I made the decision not to withdraw based on advise from people like you, immediate relatives, and two (2) lawyers. 

I arrived 3 hours early before my interview to avoid any unforeseen circumstances. I played it rather safe than sorry because of traffic, mechanical breakdown, traffic stop, etc. I didn't check in until it was time.  Check in was super easy and then the wait started. There are three doors out of which the officers will come and call your number. Mine was number 1. The receptionist will let you know which door or/section is yours when you checked in. Please be informed that even though you arrived early, they will not call you in until it's your time.

I waited for about 20 minutes after I checked in before my number was called. The officer, an African American woman in her 50s came out, called my name and walked me through the door that leads to her office.

NOTE: I took every single document related to my immigration history. Always play it safe.

She placed me under oath, and then requested my diver's license, green card, and passport. She took my picture and my fingerprints. 
First up was the test.

My six questions were:

5. Who veto bills?

Then we went through the application, asked me to state my full name, date of birth, whether I'm working, my wife's name,  and she made some corrections for me (for example I put in that my wife was married '1' time, which obviously she was married before. It should've been 2 times and not 1. (This was honest  misunderstanding of that question) She also asked me for the full name of wife's prior spouse, if we have any kids. She asked me whether my traffic citation was paid. She asked if I'm still married and living with my spouse. She didn't ask me when I became permanent resident, what date I got married, what date I started work or how long I been there. She didn't ask me for any dates on my application with the exception of my date of birth.

She then went to the 'YES' and 'NO' questions and asked every single question. As others have said, they go through all questions again. 

For some reason, she couldn't find my tax returns' documents, marriage certificate, divorce decree, and our son's birth certificate on her system. I told her I did upload all of them, but she insisted she can't find it. I kindly ask her to check to (Upload additional evidence tab)... and yes behold it was right there. I took deep breath of relieve. She looked at the supporting documents I had uploaded. She didn't ask for any of the originals that I brought (wife's's passport or naturalization cert or anything).

Then she took the piece of paper with the boxes and marked  'passed civic and history and recommending my application for approval'.

My officer was super really really nice, friendly, professional, and interactive. She made me feel at ease; even though I was 10% nervous and 90% anxious which is normal for this process. We talked about the weather, how she was feeling hungry and planned on going for lunch right after her next interview. 

FUN FACT:

The officer who interviewed me for my N400 is the best friend to the lady who interviewed us during our Adjustment of Status interview but has since retired. 

What were my tips.

2. I was truthful

3. I only answered questions that were asked (I didn't volunteer answers or talk too much)

4. I prepared very well ( studied the civics and history and memorized all the answers.

Each case is unique and different. Don't read too much into people's negative interview experiences and conclude that yours will be the same as theirs. Be yourself, be positive, keep the 'WHY IF' out of your mind. Be respectful, professional, truthful and honest. Sometimes the little things that we intend to hide doesn't matter or wouldn't affect USCIS' decision about your case. 

However, this journey is not over yet but my anxiety has dropped to 10%. Good luck to everyone and be blessed.

Congratulations!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 6:18 PM, Anna&Jim said:

Happy to report my interview has been scheduled for November 5th in Nashville, TN!! 😁

image.png

Edited by Anna&Jim

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Anna&Jim said:

Happy to report my interview has been scheduled for November 5th in Nashville, TN!! 😁

YaaaaY! Congratulations on getting your date! Best of luck you guys 😄

Timeline
20 hours ago, chars said:

First up was the test.

My six questions were:

5. Who veto bills?

FUN FACT:

What were my tips.

2. I was truthful

I'm so glad everything worked out for you, @chars! Congratulations!

Timeline

Hey everyone, so just a little update on my case - I became a US citizen this afternoon!

The ceremony took place at a community college's auditorium downtown where I live. It wasn't as long as I had expected, it probably lasted about an hour and a half, but before it began we waited for about an hour, just to get everyone settled and seated. I was surprised to see I was the only one from Brazil, but there were so many other nationalities present! We got sworn in by a really nice female judge, who went over what it'd be like to be a US citizen, what responsibilities vs. rights we'd have after taking the oath, etc etc. It was a very interesting and pretty emotional ceremony. Everyone was very cordial and professional. I got my certificate, registered to vote, and went to the post office to apply for a passport right away! Next step is to wait about 10 days or so until going to the SS building to update my status on their database.

Good luck to all of us, from now on forward! Good luck to those who are still waiting as well. And many thanks to everyone. We've become a community who have held each other up through the ups and downs. I'm just honestly so glad I'm done with USCIS (for now at least). Thanks again & best of luck to all! 😁

Timeline
35 minutes ago, _Blossom_ said:

Hey everyone, so just a little update on my case - I became a US citizen this afternoon!

The ceremony took place at a community college's auditorium downtown where I live. It wasn't as long as I had expected, it probably lasted about an hour and a half, but before it began we waited for about an hour, just to get everyone settled and seated. I was surprised to see I was the only one from Brazil, but there were so many other nationalities present! We got sworn in by a really nice female judge, who went over what it'd be like to be a US citizen, what responsibilities vs. rights we'd have after taking the oath, etc etc. It was a very interesting and pretty emotional ceremony. Everyone was very cordial and professional. I got my certificate, registered to vote, and went to the post office to apply for a passport right away! Next step is to wait about 10 days or so until going to the SS building to update my status on their database.

Good luck to all of us, from now on forward! Good luck to those who are still waiting as well. And many thanks to everyone. We've become a community who have held each other up through the ups and downs. I'm just honestly so glad I'm done with USCIS (for now at least). Thanks again & best of luck to all! 😁

WooooopWoooop Blossom!!! CONGRATULATIONSSSS! "Just a little update"...lmao, #itISaBIGDEAL !!! I bet it is an amazing feeling to be all done :D Thank you for sharing your uscis journey with us- now go celebrate! 😄 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
2 hours ago, _Blossom_ said:

@blossom congratulations! Your journey is finally over.

Timeline
2 hours ago, _Blossom_ said:

Congratulations!

I'm happy for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.