GypseaWoman

US Medical @ Andrews Hospital - Kingston, Jamaica

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just finished my medical at Andrews this morning and thought I would share my experience should it be of any help to anyone. 

I live in the Cayman Islands and flew over to KNG for my medical and upcoming IV this week. My appointment was scheduled for 10:15am but thanks to this forum I arrived at 7am. There were already 19 people there waiting. At 7:30 we were ushered inside, given numbers and asked for our 4 photos with name on the back and our completed medical form (available on website). A super efficient gentleman was the maitre d of it all. As all my docs were in order, I somehow jumped from 20 to 11. Others were delayed by not having local contact numbers or photos. The room was freezing and I was glad I had a jumper. Once called, you head straight to the cashier. I paid just over J$23000. You are then ushered into various different rooms and seen by extremely efficient nurses: eyes, weight, height then back outside. Back in to see the doctor for the physical: undress to underwear, listen to chest. Tells me I only need flu vaccine. No ifs ands buts. Boom. Back out and pay 2300 for the jab. Ringmaster points to go outside to another building for blood. Boom. Then urine. Back downstairs and the ringmaster directs me to go get my jab. X-rays last. By 10:45am I was all done. It was a well-oiled machine! 

My advice would be to arrive as early as possible. By 8:30 the waiting room was standing room only. 

Best of luck to everyone on their journey! Fingers crossed for me on mine! 

Edited by GypseaWoman

• 7 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 11:43 AM, GypseaWoman said:

Just finished my medical at Andrews this morning and thought I would share my experience should it be of any help to anyone. 

I live in the Cayman Islands and flew over to KNG for my medical and upcoming IV this week. My appointment was scheduled for 10:15am but thanks to this forum I arrived at 7am. There were already 19 people there waiting. At 7:30 we were ushered inside, given numbers and asked for our 4 photos with name on the back and our completed medical form (available on website). A super efficient gentleman was the maitre d of it all. As all my docs were in order, I somehow jumped from 20 to 11. Others were delayed by not having local contact numbers or photos. The room was freezing and I was glad I had a jumper. Once called, you head straight to the cashier. I paid just over J$23000. You are then ushered into various different rooms and seen by extremely efficient nurses: eyes, weight, height then back outside. Back in to see the doctor for the physical: undress to underwear, listen to chest. Tells me I only need flu vaccine. No ifs ands buts. Boom. Back out and pay 2300 for the jab. Ringmaster points to go outside to another building for blood. Boom. Then urine. Back downstairs and the ringmaster directs me to go get my jab. X-rays last. By 10:45am I was all done. It was a well-oiled machine! 

My advice would be to arrive as early as possible. By 8:30 the waiting room was standing room only. 

Best of luck to everyone on their journey! Fingers crossed for me on mine! 

Thanks for this! My husband and I are currently in Cayman and will have to go to Jamaica for his medical and interview. How long after the medical was your interview? Did you have to make 2 separate trips?

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.