Jump to content
Lena&Nia

Petitioner newly employed...

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi All!

 

We're busy researching for our K1 application. We've been engaged for over a year but have been waiting for my US fiancee to graduate with her BA and get a job in order to reduce our chances of rejection. We currently plan to submit our application as soon as she receives a job offer. So she'll have been doing paid work, full time, for probably around 6 months (give or take) by the time our case reaches interview stage.

 

I'm just concerned if this is sufficient time to be earning in terms of the affidavit of support? We're not worried about her meeting the poverty guidelines, it's just the length of time she will have been earning is relatively short. Do you think this would be an issue?

 

Much appreciated!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lena&Nia said:

I'm just concerned if this is sufficient time to be earning in terms of the affidavit of support? We're not worried about her meeting the poverty guidelines, it's just the length of time she will have been earning is relatively short. Do you think this would be an issue?

Not an issue in London. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, Lena&Nia said:

Hi All!

 

We're busy researching for our K1 application. We've been engaged for over a year but have been waiting for my US fiancee to graduate with her BA and get a job in order to reduce our chances of rejection. We currently plan to submit our application as soon as she receives a job offer. So she'll have been doing paid work, full time, for probably around 6 months (give or take) by the time our case reaches interview stage.

 

I'm just concerned if this is sufficient time to be earning in terms of the affidavit of support? We're not worried about her meeting the poverty guidelines, it's just the length of time she will have been earning is relatively short. Do you think this would be an issue?

 

Much appreciated!!

As other's said, not an issue - my now husband had only been at his new job (promotion) for two months when I had my interview in September last year. Previous to those two months he was below the income threshold. Just make sure you take a letter of employment and paystubs (copies will do) and you should be golden.


AOS Visa Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

 

11/10/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

11/15/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

12/7/18 - Biometrics Appointment

12/10/18 - Case Updated to "Notice Returned to USCIS, Unable To Deliver" (The NOA1s never arrived)

12/10/18 - Submitted Service Request for new NOA1

04/02/19 - Service Request for EAD is completed, replacement document ordered.

04/03/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Being Produced".

04/04/19 - EAD and AP status updated to "Case Approved".

04/08/19 - Hard copy approval for EAD and AP (No Card)

04/08/19 - EAD and AP status updated to "Card was Picked Up by USPS"; tracking number provided.

04/08/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready to schedule for interview"

04/10/19 - EAD/AP Combo Card delivered

04/11/19 - SSN Received

04/11/19 - Interview Scheduled notification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

As other's said, not an issue - my now husband had only been at his new job (promotion) for two months when I had my interview in September last year. Previous to those two months he was below the income threshold. Just make sure you take a letter of employment and paystubs (copies will do) and you should be golden.

That’s really reassuring, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×