Praveenkumar.2608

H1B to L1A COS

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a valid H1B Visa till August 2020, My port of entry to USA was October and I have been working here for the past 5 months and I was intended to travel back to India end of 2019. Due to unforeseen circumstances, My employer is willing to convert my H1B to L1A, since I have been doing Manager and Functional activities, along with my technical duties. My employer has promoted me and I have reportees under me in Onshore as well offshore now. The reason behind conversion is client has renewed the contract for the next 5 years and a couple of managers released from this project.

I have 5 years of experience with this current company and 5 months of onsite for the same company.

My questions:

1. I fulfilled L1 requirement since I worked for the same company for the past 5 years before I entered US(October 2018) but in pure technical role and it got changed now to the manager or executive role. Am I eligible?

2. How long it will take for me to do Change of status to L1A if under normal process? ETA of approved petition hard copy.

3. How long it will take for me to Change of status to L1A if under premium processing? ETA of approved petition hard copy.

4. My L1 Change of Status is also done for my dependents (Spouse and Kid). They are currently in India, what is the process for them to change from H4 to L2. Do I have to fill the DS-160 again for them and schedule an interview with the consulate?

5. What are all the documents I need to submit to prove that I am now on a different role (I have organization chart, Email exchange between Candidates who I recruited for this project)

Edited by Praveenkumar.2608

Filed: Other Timeline

Your employer should have an attorney working on this.  If you are truly a critical manager on a project, you do not have time to deal with this. No one can accurately guarantee you the times you are requesting.  Request an in person consultation with the attorney who will be supervising your case.

Again, as stated above, your employer and/or attorney are the best judge of your eligibility. Attorneys are attuned to processing times as well as they regularly deal with these sort of issues. Your company does have legal representation, right? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Agree, not possible for anybody here to make a sensible comment, your Lawyer will have a much better idea.

Wonder why you did not come on a L1b, would seem easier.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.