Frider

Name misspelled in interview confirmation.

8 posts in this topic

We have submitted the DS-160 and scheduled an interview on May 17. My fiancée’s last name is misspelled on the interview confirmation where it says “appointment made by”. Her last name is spelled correctly on the appointment confirmation where it says “applicant name”. We are unable to correct this error anywhere online. I called the US Embassy in Manila, and they assured me the spelling is corrected. However, the error still appears. Is there any suggestion to get this corrected? Do we need to be concerned? Thanks again for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No need to worry.  What's most important is the applicant name on the DS-160 form and on the appointment confirmation.  And you already did all you can by calling USEM to correct the misspelling.

As for the name on "Appointment Made By", check your fiancee's name on her profile at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Frider said:

We have submitted the DS-160 and scheduled an interview on May 17. My fiancée’s last name is misspelled on the interview confirmation where it says “appointment made by”. Her last name is spelled correctly on the appointment confirmation where it says “applicant name”. We are unable to correct this error anywhere online. I called the US Embassy in Manila, and they assured me the spelling is corrected. However, the error still appears. Is there any suggestion to get this corrected? Do we need to be concerned? Thanks again for your help.

Once schedule the name can not be easily corrected.  Did you schedule online or called?     I doubt you will have issue for attending the interview but do make sure the name is corrected during the interview, mention it to the CO, it must be correct on the visa for sure.

Make sure the name is correct on the dashboard for the online profile.  And the DS-160 was completed correctly.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Ok thank you. Your advise is always very good. Actually, I called Manila first on 3/18/19 to advise that we were waiting for the Oman police clearance. They asked for my fiancée’s email. She received an email immediately after that with a link to:

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ 

The account had already been set up with user name and password.

We logged on to my fiancée’s account after we submitted DS-160. Her last name was spelled incorrectly, presumably by the person that set up the account. We corrected the error. However, unfortunately the misspelling still appears on the interview appointment confirmation.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Frider said:

Ok thank you. Your advise is always very good. Actually, I called Manila first on 3/18/19 to advise that we were waiting for the Oman police clearance. They asked for my fiancée’s email. She received an email immediately after that with a link to:

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ 

The account had already been set up with user name and password.

We logged on to my fiancée’s account after we submitted DS-160. Her last name was spelled incorrectly, presumably by the person that set up the account. We corrected the error. However, unfortunately the misspelling still appears on the interview appointment confirmation.

You will be OK .. it will all come out in the wash... ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

you're best bet is to mention about the error during the interview,i am sure they will verify the application information during the interview.

dont waste the chance of having the interview date.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Frider said:

We are wondering if the error will be corrected if we reschedule the interview. Sounds like a lot of ifs to me.

Do not reschedule your interview for a typo.   As I stated earlier mention this to the CO during the interview, it can get corrected then

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.