MK108

Interview Letter addressed to Spouse?!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Did anyone else receive their Removal of Conditions' interview letter addressed to their spouse instead of the applicant?

I was really surprised by it and am still confused about it. All other communications they sent were in my name but when we received a piece of mail in my spouse's name, we were surprised of course but what blew my mind was that it was the interview letter.

Of course, it is a non-issue, but wanted to put my thoughts out there to see if anyone else had a similar experience?

Timeline
On 3/25/2019 at 4:40 PM, holidaywkhcx said:

On the i751 interview letter we received, it first mentioned my wife's name, then mine.. 

The weird part, to me at least, was that it was addressed to my husband, the U.S. citizen.
The letter mentions both of our names too. His name, as the addressed and my name in the subject line. My husband has not received any mail from USCIS since I moved to the U.S. All mail from them have since been addressed to me, the applicant.
Was it the same for you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MK108 said:

The weird part, to me at least, was that it was addressed to my husband, the U.S. citizen.
The letter mentions both of our names too. His name, as the addressed and my name in the subject line. My husband has not received any mail from USCIS since I moved to the U.S. All mail from them have since been addressed to me, the applicant.
Was it the same for you?

Hi @MK108 - Did you come in as a K-1 (fiance) or did you do your immigrant visa from overseas before you moved here?  Usually I-751 filing is not often called for an interview, but it does happen.  One of the new rules recently went in placed by this Administration is: if the US citizen has not been interviewed yet, I-751 will automatically be called for an interview so USCIS can interview the principal petitioner (US citizen) at least one time.  Good Luck, by the way.  It will all be fine; it just a matter of time.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, GBOS said:

Hi @MK108 - Did you come in as a K-1 (fiance) or did you do your immigrant visa from overseas before you moved here?  Usually I-751 filing is not often called for an interview, but it does happen.  One of the new rules recently went in placed by this Administration is: if the US citizen has not been interviewed yet, I-751 will automatically be called for an interview so USCIS can interview the principal petitioner (US citizen) at least one time.  Good Luck, by the way.  It will all be fine; it just a matter of time.

Hi @GBOS,
I came here on K-1. When I applied for AOS, we were called in for an interview. I don't recall if the interview letter mentioned my husband but since it was such an important interview, we both attended.
I didn't know about the new rules. Thanks for letting me know 😊 and thank you for the wishes. 🙏
I'm wrote a new forum post. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/702320-i-751-and-n-400-simultaneous-decision/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.