5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

hi, i hope someone cane help me with a couple of concerns about my evidences:

first: we rented an apartment on march 2017 before AOS and we got a lease agreement for 6 months which we gave the IO on our AOS interview, but after the 6 months were up, the landlord allowed us to rent month to month without a lease, which we liked because we were thinking of switching cities soon but we never did yet. my landlord can provide us with a payment history and probably a statement saying that we have been renting since 2017, my concern is: would be an issue that i don't have a joint signed lease ? and would the payment history under both names and the statement and some of the mail e relieved at the address be enough to show proof of living together ?

second: my wife an i don't have a joint insurance because she has a state insurance and in WA state i cannot apply for state insurance until i have lived in that state for 5 years. so i recently purchased a health insurance on my own. would this be an issue with USCIS ?not having a joint insurance ?

1. Ask the landlord to sign a month to month lease. Shouldn’t be a big deal since you just put on paper what you agreed verbally anyway.

2. Not an issue if others evidence are strong. Plus that’s just health uminsurance. You guys can buy life insurance and put each other’s as beneficiary. Everybody should have life insurance anyway. It’s like $20/month for 20 years term life for $500,000. No excuse not to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

1. Ask the landlord to sign a month to month lease. Shouldn’t be a big deal since you just put on paper what you agreed verbally anyway.

2. Not an issue if others evidence are strong. Plus that’s just health uminsurance. You guys can buy life insurance and put each other’s as beneficiary. Everybody should have life insurance anyway. It’s like $20/month for 20 years term life for $500,000. No excuse not to.

#1 If your landlord will not change your lease (and most leases have a clause that allow month-to-month after the initial lease runs out), then just provide a payment history.  Technically, by law in most states, if your landlord cashes your rent check, there is an implied rental agreement.

#2  This is not a problem.  If you have lots of other evidence, you don't even need to include this.  If you DO include your policies, then just explain in a cover letter what you have told us here.

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sukie said:

#1 If your landlord will not change your lease (and most leases have a clause that allow month-to-month after the initial lease runs out), then just provide a payment history.  Technically, by law in most states, if your landlord cashes your rent check, there is an implied rental agreement.

#2  This is not a problem.  If you have lots of other evidence, you don't even need to include this.  If you DO include your policies, then just explain in a cover letter what you have told us here.

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

I’ll try to get a statement from him, but as other proof of living together we have DL with same adresses, mail and utility bills with same adress,tax return transcript sent to the same adress 

in general we have :

car insurance and car title in both names

2 joint checkings and 1 joint savings 

bank statements for everu month since we opened all our bank accounts

2years tax return transcripts

statement from the hospital showing an authorization of release of all medical information for each other and also showing that weare each other’s emergency contact 

statement from hospital showing authorization for release of information to me of my step kids and showing me as a parent

tons of pictures with family and friends and on few trips and campings

statement showing us as each others emergency contact at work

We don’t have anything financially big yet because we are still a young couple (25yrs old) and we are trying to avoid debt as much as possible until we get good carriers 

idk what else to think of as proof !!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think you'll be good!  Best of luck on the rest of your journey!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.