Kabena

DNA test "suggested" by USCIS

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello my fellow Cameroonian filers, anybody has experience with DNA testing with the US embassy in Cameroon? After waiting for 2 years and 4 months the USCIS sent an RFE. They are asking for a ton of proofs, including DNA test because the kids birth certificates were registered 10 years after their births. We already initiated the process from the US, I'm concerned about the time the embassy takes to collect the sample and return it. I read somewhere here that somebody's case got denied due to the embassy taking too long to respond.

So I will kindly appreciate if you could share your experiences or knowledges about the matter.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello Kabena,

Just saw your question now. Dont know if you got an answer for it yet. Once the DNA kit is sent from the US it takes maybe a month or more for the embassy to set an appointment for collection and maybe another 2-3 weeks before they mail it back to the US. For what i can tell..You have to be on your phone calling and emailing the embassy on daily or weekly basis.It is frustrating but that's the only way out.They setup just 3appts a month for DNA collection at the embassy. I pray this helps you. Remain Blessed.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

rather then dna u can submit ur first school record , census record , ur birth time 2 person witness affidavit,  ur parents any old pasport, and or any of ur childhoo dpicture with petitioner.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:50 PM, Kabena said:

Hello my fellow Cameroonian filers, anybody has experience with DNA testing with the US embassy in Cameroon? After waiting for 2 years and 4 months the USCIS sent an RFE. They are asking for a ton of proofs, including DNA test because the kids birth certificates were registered 10 years after their births. We already initiated the process from the US, I'm concerned about the time the embassy takes to collect the sample and return it. I read somewhere here that somebody's case got denied due to the embassy taking too long to respond.

So I will kindly appreciate if you could share your experiences or knowledges about the matter.

My wife has the same type of RFE from USCIS in 2016 for her parent. It said my wife registered 21 years after birth. And suggest her to submit DNA sample.

In my wife case China don't have a official birth certificate till 1997, so China's Notarial Office translation is the official documentation accepted by the US Consulate in Guangzhou.

During that time Potomac Service Center is new, I guess the officer handle the case doesn't knew the China Notary Birth Certificate is a official documentation.

We end up didn't started on the DNA process because it very costly and time consuming.

So, we went to our senator office with all the proof and explain our situation. If they except your case the could direct contact USCIS to review it.

Both of her parent got approved by USCIS after 3 weeks.

Here is the link from the State Department for Cameroon reciprocity and civil document:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Cameroon.html

Let me know if you need more information.

Timeline

Do not give up calling and emailing them every other day until you get a satisfying response from them. if not its gonna take a long time.Wishing you the best.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I actually asked my sister to email them, they replied a couple of hours later with a letter of appointment. So now we are just waiting for them to send the sample back to the states.

Timeline

once you keep contacting them it seems like you are keeping them awake about your case. Once you seat and wait on them..You are in for a long wait. Good Luck..All will be fine...Its all about patience when dealing with immigration.God Bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.