4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HI, I have applied for my husband's green card-adjustment of status form I-485 and he did the fingerprints on December 14, 2018. On the phone when I call they are saying that processing is happening in Lee Summit Missouri. I am super confused because I never got a notice in mail about the case being transferred. Did this happen with anyone else?  Thank you in advance. 

Sarah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jason&Sarah2025 said:

HI, I have applied for my husband's green card-adjustment of status form I-485 and he did the fingerprints on December 14, 2018. On the phone when I call they are saying that processing is happening in Lee Summit Missouri. I am super confused because I never got a notice in mail about the case being transferred. Did this happen with anyone else?  Thank you in advance. 

Sarah

Lee Summit Missouri is the National Benefit Center. All I-485/I-765/I-131 go there.

The I-765 and I-131 will be processed there, the I-485 will, after they made sure the file is complete, be put in the queue to get an interview at your local office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, C90 said:

Lee Summit Missouri is the National Benefit Center. All I-485/I-765/I-131 go there.

The I-765 and I-131 will be processed there, the I-485 will, after they made sure the file is complete, be put in the queue to get an interview at your local office

Thank you so much, I was very confused on what was happening. 

5 minutes ago, C90 said:

All of the above plus....

The Chicago Lockbox is merely a receipt location not a processing centre.

Remember how you sent your K1 to the Dallas Lockbox but it did not get processed there? It was sent to either California or Vermont, right?

This is the same thing. You weren't notified about your K1 being sent anywhere either. It just was and you knew it was because your receipt number started with either WAC for California or EAC for Vermont.

Same thing for AOS too. Your AOS application forms were mailed to the Chicago Lockbox and then sent to the National Benefits Centre (The NBC) in MO. You know that because your receipt numbers start with MSC which stands for the National Benefits Centre. They didnt tell you it would be sent anywhere either. It just gets sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.