Nickkk

Poverty Guidelines

8 posts in this topic

Hi. Im new here. I hope I am doing this right. If not, I apologize. 

My fiancé is from the US and he has 3 kids. I am from the Philippines and I have 2 kids. My fiancé did not meet the poverty guidelines for a household of 7. I just want to inquire on what will be my best option since Ph doesnt always approve a cosponsor. I am thinking of not bringing my 2 kids first since I want to establish myself first before I bring them. Shall i not declare the kids? Or shall i declare them and just let them know they arent coming yet?

Regardless they need to be on the I-129F but you can choose to have them immigrate later either with follow to join or filing an I-130

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

4 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Regardless they need to be on the I-129F but you can choose to have them immigrate later either with follow to join or filing an I-130

Thank you. Will that help though? Regarding poverty guidelines. He makes roughly $35500 annually. And in a household of 7 I believe he needs $4k more. So I will declare my kids on the I-129F, but how can I let them know that they will just follow, so they wont compute for a household of 7 and just for 5?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Nickkk said:

My fiancé is from the US and he has 3 kids. I am from the Philippines and I have 2 kids. My fiancé did not meet the poverty guidelines for a household of 7. I just want to inquire on what will be my best option since Ph doesnt always approve a cosponsor. I am thinking of not bringing my 2 kids first since I want to establish myself first before I bring them. Shall i not declare the kids? Or shall i declare them and just let them know they arent coming yet?

The I-129F form explicitly asks if you have any children.  You and your fiance MUST disclose that you have kids.  Not doing so would be a lie.  You do not want to be caught in a lie on any immigration document.

3 minutes ago, Nickkk said:

Thank you. Will that help though? Regarding poverty guidelines. He makes roughly $35500 annually. And in a household of 7 I believe he needs $4k more. So I will declare my kids on the I-129F, but how can I let them know that they will just follow, so they wont compute for a household of 7 and just for 5?

The I-134 and the ds-160 show who are immigrating and who has applied for a visa. As you will be the only one doing a DS-160, only you need the I-134 and the household size is now 5.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

3 minutes ago, Ate said:

The I-129F form explicitly asks if you have any children.  You and your fiance MUST disclose that you have kids.  Not doing so would be a lie.  You do not want to be caught in a lie on any immigration document.

I appreciate the response. So even if the kids will just follow, they will still look at it as a household of 7?

1 minute ago, Nickkk said:

I appreciate the response. So even if the kids will just follow, they will still look at it as a household of 7?

No. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.