Jimbn

how to delay process

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jimbn said:

I'm in a situation where I can take care of my fiancee, however it would be better if she came a little bit later.  Is there any good way to delay the process?

Thank you.

Have you filed already?

2 hours ago, britishandusa said:

Where are you in the K1 visa process? Please fill out your timeline for us to better assist you.

I filed and I have to submit the evidence of intent to marry so it has been put on hold.

"

Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed

On March 5, 2019, we mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number __________. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence by March 20, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jimbn said:

I filed and I have to submit the evidence of intent to marry so it has been put on hold.

"

Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed

On March 5, 2019, we mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number __________. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence by March 20, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

"

If you do not reply to the RFE with the requested evidence, your petition will be denied and you will be forced to start over. You can continue the process up to the interview. With the K1 visa, you have up to 6 months to enter the country once the visa is approved and in hand.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:05 PM, britishandusa said:

If you do not reply to the RFE with the requested evidence, your petition will be denied and you will be forced to start over. You can continue the process up to the interview. With the K1 visa, you have up to 6 months to enter the country once the visa is approved and in hand.

Thank you!  That information will help me a lot in order to get things set up when she gets here. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.