H4rm4n

F4 visa processing year

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 1:22 PM, H4rm4n said:

Back in 2005 when petition was filed we were below 21.So that means we are safe to go 

The way this works is that we can guess and maybe guess incorrectly or you work it out utilizing the guidance given.

You were under 21 in 2005, so you could have been 1 you could have been 20, makes a difference.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 3/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, geowrian said:

Check the Visa Bulletin linked previously linked above. Here it is again for reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

Look for the "Final Action Dates" table then locate the F4 row and India column.

In 2005 when our petition was filed I was 10 year old and my sister was 12 year old.Now my question is can we(Me and my sister)accompany our parents when our turn will come ??

Timeline

So you both are 22 something and will be reliant on CSPA to reduce you age below 21 when the visa number becomes current.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You might want to read the thread.

4 minutes ago, H4rm4n said:

What is “CSPA age”??

Once the PD becomes current, you would subtract the length of time that the I-130 was pending from your biological age. The result is your CSPA-adjusted age.

For example, if you are exactly 25 years old when the PD becomes current, and the I-130 took 3 years to adjudicate, then your CSPA-adjusted age is 22. As such, you would be "aged out" / not qualify.

If the I-130 took 5 years to adjudicate, your CSPA-adjusted age would be 20 and you could qualify as a child still.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

10 minutes ago, H4rm4n said:

What is “CSPA age”??

8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You might want to read the thread.

Indeed. My 2 answers on the previous page explain what you need to calculate CSPA age and gave you a link on it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.