dfsdf

K1 visa. Do I need a new I-693

5 posts in this topic

My Interview notice says bring form i-693 and vaccination supplement in a seal envelope (unless already submitted).

I did my medical exam back in Canada sometime in June or July 2017 before my K1 interview. I applied for AOS on September 28 2017.

Do I need a new exam? I tired to look this up online but I get conflicting info. 

21 minutes ago, dfsdf said:

My Interview notice says bring form i-693 and vaccination supplement in a seal envelope (unless already submitted).

I did my medical exam back in Canada sometime in June or July 2017 before my K1 interview. I applied for AOS on September 28 2017.

Do I need a new exam? I tired to look this up online but I get conflicting info. 

No. You satisfied the medical requirement by applying for AOS within one year of your medical date.

This is from the I693 instructions to clarify:

"3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas? If you were admitted as a: A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then: (1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver. (2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693."

As you came on a K1, you have already submitted this when you entered the country, that was the sealed envelope you gave to the CBP. 

Did you satisfy the vaccination requirements (see below), and did you not have a class A medical condition? In that case you're fine. If you're missing vaccinations or have a class A medical condition (and did not comply with the terms and conditions of the waiver), you may need another medical. If you have a copy of your DS-3025, the vaccination requirement part is easy to check:

• MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver)
  • Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One date must be no longer than 10 years ago)
  • Varicella (Either a check by "Vaccine" with a date, OR a check by "Varicella History" if you had chickenpox. History gets you a waiver)
  • Influenza (during flu season; if it is not flu season, the waiver in the last column is Code F.)
  • Everything else marked "not age appropriate" Code A, insufficient time interval B, not flu season F, contraindicated C...things that allow a waiver.

The vaccination sheet also must be marked completed and signed by the physician.

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
22 hours ago, LizM said:

As you came on a K1, you have already submitted this when you entered the country, that was the sealed envelope you gave to the CBP. 

Did you satisfy the vaccination requirements (see below), and did you not have a class A medical condition? In that case you're fine. If you're missing vaccinations or have a class A medical condition (and did not comply with the terms and conditions of the waiver), you may need another medical. If you have a copy of your DS-3025, the vaccination requirement part is easy to check:

• MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver)
  • Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One date must be no longer than 10 years ago)
  • Varicella (Either a check by "Vaccine" with a date, OR a check by "Varicella History" if you had chickenpox. History gets you a waiver)
  • Influenza (during flu season; if it is not flu season, the waiver in the last column is Code F.)
  • Everything else marked "not age appropriate" Code A, insufficient time interval B, not flu season F, contraindicated C...things that allow a waiver.

The vaccination sheet also must be marked completed and signed by the physician.

Hi, can you tell me if my fiancé satisfies all the medical vacations? Here is here form less any person info.

7227D558-4C6E-41AC-899C-7162BD75FDCA.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 3/10/2019 at 8:35 PM, LarryHickman said:

Hi, can you tell me if my fiancé satisfies all the medical vacations? Here is here form less any person info.

7227D558-4C6E-41AC-899C-7162BD75FDCA.jpeg

Anybody? I’m just a bit confused with the codes and if she is ok or we need something more? 

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.