LCT

90 DAYS AND STILL WAITING ON ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

3 posts in this topic

My son in law had his interview on Nov 16, 2018 in Ciudad Juarez and was given a blue slip for administrative processing.  The reason they said was due to a prior accusation from an ICE officer stating that he was a gang member that was showing up on their system.  He has no previous convictions or any type of criminal record, not even traffic violations or any tattoos and was only profiled at the time the officer detained him. He was at a gas station on Spring Break from College in GA when he was called out from the officer.  He was engaged to my daughter at the time and because of that and thousands of money later, a judge dismissed the case with a large cash bond and allowed him to remain in the country while he marries my daughter and she petitions for him.  This took years to clear up (since 2010) when he finally got the approval and was at the end of the process with the final interview but is now on hold and he is away from my daughter and their 2 kids.  They recently purchased a home last year and were renovating it.  He is the only provider as my daughter does not work and is currently suffering from mental illness and depression due to all of this. Just wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this and how long did it take for the nightmare to be over. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Administrative processing is open ended. Can take 2-3 days, 2-3 weeks, 2-3 months, and even 1+ years before any word is given. Some members here had hit 18 months in AP.

How did the interview itself go? 

Your daughter, the petitioner I assume, can always contact a congress person, they can't make the embassy do anything but can 'nudge' them.

Also is she doing a K-1 visa or CR-1 because you said son in law.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

As Ben&Zian mentioned, AP is indefinite and there is not much you can do about it. I suspect that since there are criminal claims, it may take longer than shorter to ensure proper background checks. But there is no way for anyone to exactly know when AP will end.

In the meantime, stay strong and try not to let this process get to you and your family. It will cause more harm than good being too impatient.

Hopefully, this will get resolved soon.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.