Jump to content
Peng Fei

I-134 Do I qualify

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Dear all, I'm a recent graduate (July, 2018) but I've been doing a part time job with the same company since October of 2017. After graduation I became full time temporary and in March of 2019 I will be Full Time with benefits. All of this is within the same company. I make currently make $25/hr but once I'm full time with benefits it will increase to compensate for the benefits. I filed my taxes for this year and my W-2 states that I made over $39,000 in 2018 from that job. In the state I'm in, the poverty level is $16,000 , but I'll need $20,000 when applying for the green card. Would there be any issues when filing the I-134? I ask because they say I will need to show up to 5 years of employment history , but since I'm a recent graduate and only worked part time up until mid last year, I don't have that information to provide... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Peng Fei said:

Dear all, I'm a recent graduate (July, 2018) but I've been doing a part time job with the same company since October of 2017. After graduation I became full time temporary and in March of 2019 I will be Full Time with benefits. All of this is within the same company. I make currently make $25/hr but once I'm full time with benefits it will increase to compensate for the benefits. I filed my taxes for this year and my W-2 states that I made over $39,000 in 2018 from that job. In the state I'm in, the poverty level is $16,000 , but I'll need $20,000 when applying for the green card. Would there be any issues when filing the I-134? I ask because they say I will need to show up to 5 years of employment history , but since I'm a recent graduate and only worked part time up until mid last year, I don't have that information to provide... 

Where does it state 5 years of proof of income is required for the i134?


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Where does it state 5 years of proof of income is required for the i134?

Well it doesn't really state, but given my current situation, is my financial situation enough to be acceptable on the I-134? I'm afraid because I don't have much employment history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peng Fei said:

Well it doesn't really state, but given my current situation, is my financial situation enough to be acceptable on the I-134? I'm afraid because I don't have much employment history. 

Not really doesn't.   It doesn't.   Don't overthink.   Current income is the key variable.   


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...