ceriserose

The Canuck Clearinghouse Thread

94 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I did mine in Halifax as well and it took a week. Then the delivery guys lost it for a bit, lol.

My grandmother used to make those dish clothes as well. We grew up in SK, so it must a a Cdn thing!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry for the confusion.......I had explained it more in the other thread. My concern...if I get the medical done in Montreal, they told me that the results would be ready in 2 days. Therefore, I can get tick off everything on my checklist and send it in. Then make the medical appt. a few days before the Interview. Just wondering if any body else out there got their medical done the same week as their Interview date. Both the Montreal Consulate and the Doctor's office in Montreal confirmed this. Wouldn't want to anything to jeopardize Bruce and I getting together (L) (like late medical results...............Thanks.............{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

PS....Cassie, I will definitely be contacting you regarding the knitted dishcloths. My sister in California can't get enough of them when she comes home every summer. I tried knitting when I was a kid..........if I remember correctly that was quite a lllllooooonnnnngggggg scarf :P ...........don't know if can do it again (not exactly creative or crafty :blush: ).....but I would love to try if you sent the pattern once I get situated again :hehe: Thanks......................

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Sorry for the confusion.......I had explained it more in the other thread. My concern...if I get the medical done in Montreal, they told me that the results would be ready in 2 days. Therefore, I can get tick off everything on my checklist and send it in. Then make the medical appt. a few days before the Interview. Just wondering if any body else out there got their medical done the same week as their Interview date. Both the Montreal Consulate and the Doctor's office in Montreal confirmed this. Wouldn't want to anything to jeopardize Bruce and I getting together (L) (like late medical results...............Thanks.............{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Marie when I had my K-1 interview almost 3 years ago, I actually had my medical on the very same day. It appears that things have changed since then but because of my experience, I'd tend to believe that you will indeed get your result in the 2 days they say.

Edited by Sharon

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So Marie, did New Foundland get slammed with the big storm last nite.

I know where my parents live in Nova Scotia got hit hard. I watched a video clip on it today on CTV news.

I do not miss those nasty storms one bit. :lol:

I do feel bad for my parents thou. :( They live up a very long lane. So they will be stuck till the plow gets to them. The winter before I moved here. We got hit with that storm that left 90 cm of snow on us. That was a nightmare. My parents couldnt get down the lane for 5 days. They are 70 & 75. I shoveled a path for them incase they had to get out in an emergency. That snow was up to my neck in the drive way and I am 5 ft 7 in. So you can imagine how long it took me :crying: I mean I am talking a LONG lane. Thats what scares me the most, them not being able to get down that lane, or someone to get up it if something were to happen.

OK Peggy calm down now. Take deep breaths......... :whistle:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Sharon, thanks........knowing that someone else didn't have a problem makes me feel better. (and I notice you are from Montreal.......so God love ya...you would know). So that's what I will do....go to Montreal for a week and get it done about 3 or 5 days before the Interview. Wonderful.

No, Peggy, my part of the Island didn't get hit with the snow storm but the Eastern part of it did. We got hit last week, schools, businesses all closed down. The next morning the cars were just like bumps in the snow......totally covered. :yes: I am moving to Maine so our weather is much the same. So at least it won't be a climate change for me....lol......And I know where you're coming from regarding shovelling. And that sure was a lot of snow you had to shovel. Do they plow for seniors and people that need assistance? Hopefully they take care of them. If not, maybe a call to the town from you or a family member and you can rest better being away. God love them!! Today my Mother (God rest her soul) would have been 95, and my Dad who is in a Long Term Care Home is going on 98 (smart as anything..........I would never say his mind was as good as mine because that would be insulting him :luv:

Again thanks for getting back to me. Love to hear from everybody..........{{{{HUGS}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Timeline

my wife just emailed me this info re: the Birth certificate processing in ontario.

just our luck. :(

FYI - delay = over 3 months to process. hows that for efficiency. i think i could have hand written all of them in that time.

-----

I called govt. today (I was on hold for 1.5 hrs) - it was processed on Monday, had to get printed and mailed - will be here monday or Tuesday at latest because all of them had to be done by Feb 1st, and they are refunding my money for the delay - they switched systems, it's all computerized, online applications now - 15day maximum wait. They stopped processing orders during the switch over and weren't allowed to tell anyone - because of the automation a bunch of people lost their jobs so they only had a few ppl during the transition they were all dedicated to hand entering the manual orders into the computer - mine was litterally one of the last ones handled/entered completely by hand - along with about 35 others.

Timeline

Sorry to hear that leolexi. :( Unfortunately, Ontario is not known for their efficiency when it comes to birth certificates, and this just reconfirms it. Sorry to hear there will be a delay for you. So we need to spread the word around or pin it somewhere that if you are from Ontario, order the long form birth certificate sooner rather than later.

Marie -- not a problem, just give me a shout when you're ready. :)

My parents who live on the South Shore of NS got about 2 ft (50cm) of snow last night. I called this morning and my father was out with his snowblower helping out all the little old ladies in the community that needed his help. ;) We are very happy we all pitched in and got that for him for Christmas last year! Mom sent me some pictures, I'll have to post one. :)

Peggy, I so remember "White Juan"!!!!! I was housesitting for some friends, and I was stuck indoors for about 36 hours until the storm was over, and then I had to push my way out the door -- the snow was about 3 and a half feet up the door! I went looking for a shovel, and couldn't find anything (I eventually found them hidden in the corner in the basement) but -- get this -- an ELECTRIC snowblower that I swear wasn't big enough to blow sand, let alone 3 feet of snow. The neighbor kid finally made it over the next day with his snowblower. Oye, that was a crazy couple of days!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
Sorry to hear that leolexi. :( Unfortunately, Ontario is not known for their efficiency when it comes to birth certificates, and this just reconfirms it. Sorry to hear there will be a delay for you. So we need to spread the word around or pin it somewhere that if you are from Ontario, order the long form birth certificate sooner rather than later.

i think her email that i copied in my post stated it, but, it WAS a delay for us, for three months, and NOW, they are being required to process within 15 days. the good news for us is that it should be there in a couple of days.

either way, definately order early!

i think i posted this point so ppl could search on it and not get stuck like we did. :)

Timeline

None of the links work in the 'old' thread :huh:

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
None of the links work in the 'old' thread :huh:

No, they wouldn't. All the threads there were moved to a different directory (forums2) but the links there weren't updated to reflect that.

Now that it seems this site is stable, we could probably go back and find all the threads and post them here.

I *believe* (but haven't checked to verify) that if you click on one of the old links in the old forum you can just add the "2" after forums and it might redirect you. In the short term that might be a solution until we get them all sorted out here.

:)

edit: I'm correct...if you click on a link, it gives you the error message/screen. Go to the address bar and put a "2" after the word "forums" and you'll get the thread. Bandaid solution for now until we can get the links transferred here.

Edited by ceriserose

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Timeline

I'm not working right now, I'll go and add the 2 to keep the links going for now :)

Ok they are done, let me know which ones don't work and I'll try to fiddle with them. :)

I apologize, I didn't even think about changing the links within the thread itself, it didn't occur to me to do that! So thanks for bringing it up. :)

Edited by Cassie

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

Timeline
I'm not working right now, I'll go and add the 2 to keep the links going for now :)

Ok they are done, let me know which ones don't work and I'll try to fiddle with them. :)

I apologize, I didn't even think about changing the links within the thread itself, it didn't occur to me to do that! So thanks for bringing it up. :)

*watches you fiddle with your toes*

Yup, it's all your fault that the links didn't get changed. Bad, Cassie, bad. :P (Not only were you sick when all this happened, but also you are not obliged to keep us all in line. hehe Appreciate you doing it though. ;) )

Timeline

Hehe I get your point Cerise, but when I was changing the threads in my signature, it didn't occur to me that we'd have to do that for the Clearing House thread too -- DUH!

Hey, that thread is my baby, gotta keep up with the changes :P

Timeline
Hehe I get your point Cerise, but when I was changing the threads in my signature, it didn't occur to me that we'd have to do that for the Clearing House thread too -- DUH!

Hey, that thread is my baby, gotta keep up with the changes :P

*grin* Okay. Just didn't want you feeling like you were required to step up.

Of course, it was fun to tell you that you'd been bad. I might have to do it regularly. :P

Timeline
Of course, it was fun to tell you that you'd been bad. I might have to do it regularly. :P

Bring it! :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.