Cultclassic92

AOS Interview final checks

10 posts in this topic

Morning everyone!

Mine and my husband's interview is today at 2:00PM. Just wanted to check as I have included supporting documentation that we sent with our original package when we filed for AOS last year, would I need to have two passport style photos? We would still be able to swing by and get some done probably at CVS if need be.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't know of any reason you would need the photos. Just take the things listed on the interview letter even though there is a good chance they won't even look at any of it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cultclassic92 said:

Morning everyone!

Mine and my husband's interview is today at 2:00PM. Just wanted to check as I have included supporting documentation that we sent with our original package when we filed for AOS last year, would I need to have two passport style photos? We would still be able to swing by and get some done probably at CVS if need be.

They have your passport photos. They have your application and I-864. No need to duplicate.

They have only photocopies of your passport, visa, birth certificate, marriage license and could ask to see the originals, so take those kind of documents.

If you have obtained additional new evidence since applying like joint accounts, bills, tax returns, or driver licenses showing the same address, then take those to offer if needed. 

What about immunizations? How did you show that requirement?

6 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

They have your passport photos. They have your application and I-864. No need to duplicate.

They have only photocopies of your passport, visa, birth certificate, marriage license and could ask to see the originals, so take those kind of documents.

If you have obtained additional new evidence since applying like joint accounts, bills, tax returns, or driver licenses showing the same address, then take those to offer if needed. 

What about immunizations? How did you show that requirement?

We have misplaced our Marriage License, don’t know how but we didn’t have time to find it as we had to leave early to get some last minute things done. I have an extra photocopy with me. Really worried I don’t have the original.

I have my vaccination worksheet from my K-1 medical and my vaccination records. Also the medical I had completed for AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

I have my vaccination worksheet from my K-1 medical and my vaccination records. Also the medical I had completed for AOS.

If you got a new medical in the US, then that's all you need. The previous vaccination/medical records are superseded by the latest version.

Do you see us not having or original documentation a major issue for the marriage license? We have the original and photocopy of our certificate but only a photocopy of the license. We have misplaced it, I’m panicking about what to tell the officer at the interview.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

Do you see us not having or original documentation a major issue for the marriage license? We have the original and photocopy of our certificate but only a photocopy of the license. We have misplaced it, I’m panicking about what to tell the officer at the interview.

Certificate is what's important not license. People say license a lot because in a lot of places it is the same document, but the certificate is what you need.

Ok, I have the original and photocopy of our marriage license in the folder. We have arrived way too early, about two hours early! So concerned about Atlanta traffic and it wasn’t so bad in the end.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

We have arrived way too early, about two hours early! So concerned about Atlanta traffic and it wasn’t so bad in the end.

A lot better that than this. Good luck.

20 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

A lot better that than this. Good luck.

Definitely! I am glad we got here early. Will update when we have done the interview :) really nervous!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.