Jump to content
helen83

question about bank letter on affidavit of support

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My partner has just been to his bank to get the letter needed for my affidavit of support and they said they could provide a letter stating dates opened and present balance but wouldn't include the total deposited for the year. Is this going to cause me any problems and should we provide some other information instead?

Edited by helen83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, helen83 said:

My partner has just been to his bank to get the letter needed for my affidavit of support and they said they could provide a letter stating dates opened and present balance but wouldn't include the total deposited for the year. Is this going to cause me any problems and should we provide some other information instead?

Hardly anyone submits a bank letter if they have sufficient current income.  


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

Hardly anyone submits a bank letter if they have sufficient current income.  

Oh ok thank you. We were just going by the evidence guidance. His employer gave him that letter no problems so we should be ok then :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, helen83 said:

Oh ok thank you. We were just going by the evidence guidance. His employer gave him that letter no problems so we should be ok then :)

London is fairly straightforward.  Prior years tax returns?


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, helen83 said:

Do you think we will need them? He's doing them currently but we didn't see in the evidence requirement because hes not self employed.

You need to read what LONDON wants to see (typically in the instruction letter you get), not what the USCIS has in the there instructions.  Most people by default provide the return because it is simpler


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

You need to read what LONDON wants to see (typically in the instruction letter you get), not what the USCIS has in the there instructions.  Most people by default provide the return because it is simpler

Ahh ok will go by that then. Many thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, helen83 said:

My partner has just been to his bank to get the letter needed for my affidavit of support and they said they could provide a letter stating dates opened and present balance but wouldn't include the total deposited for the year. Is this going to cause me any problems and should we provide some other information instead?

You don't need that for London. An employer letter will do it if it states his salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

You don't need that for London. An employer letter will do it if it states his salary. 

Thank you. It's not always easy to understand all the instructions when jumping from embassy website to the form instructions and I'm just worried something will be missed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, helen83 said:

Thank you. It's not always easy to understand all the instructions when jumping from embassy website to the form instructions and I'm just worried something will be missed out.

 

Ask your questions for this part in the UK forum https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ and you'll get some good experienced answers specific to London. Ignore the pinned threads. They are years out of date. 

 

For a K1, London has no specific way to prove income. They don't even require a tax return if you have something else like an employer letter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...