helen83

question about bank letter on affidavit of support

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My partner has just been to his bank to get the letter needed for my affidavit of support and they said they could provide a letter stating dates opened and present balance but wouldn't include the total deposited for the year. Is this going to cause me any problems and should we provide some other information instead?

Edited by helen83

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, helen83 said:

My partner has just been to his bank to get the letter needed for my affidavit of support and they said they could provide a letter stating dates opened and present balance but wouldn't include the total deposited for the year. Is this going to cause me any problems and should we provide some other information instead?

Hardly anyone submits a bank letter if they have sufficient current income.  

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Hardly anyone submits a bank letter if they have sufficient current income.  

Oh ok thank you. We were just going by the evidence guidance. His employer gave him that letter no problems so we should be ok then :)

Timeline
Just now, helen83 said:

Oh ok thank you. We were just going by the evidence guidance. His employer gave him that letter no problems so we should be ok then :)

London is fairly straightforward.  Prior years tax returns?

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

London is fairly straightforward.  Prior years tax returns?

Do you think we will need them? He's doing them currently but we didn't see in the evidence requirement because hes not self employed.

Timeline
Just now, helen83 said:

Do you think we will need them? He's doing them currently but we didn't see in the evidence requirement because hes not self employed.

You need to read what LONDON wants to see (typically in the instruction letter you get), not what the USCIS has in the there instructions.  Most people by default provide the return because it is simpler

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

You need to read what LONDON wants to see (typically in the instruction letter you get), not what the USCIS has in the there instructions.  Most people by default provide the return because it is simpler

Ahh ok will go by that then. Many thanks :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
16 minutes ago, helen83 said:

You don't need that for London. An employer letter will do it if it states his salary. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

You don't need that for London. An employer letter will do it if it states his salary. 

Thank you. It's not always easy to understand all the instructions when jumping from embassy website to the form instructions and I'm just worried something will be missed out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, helen83 said:

Thank you. It's not always easy to understand all the instructions when jumping from embassy website to the form instructions and I'm just worried something will be missed out.

Ask your questions for this part in the UK forum https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ and you'll get some good experienced answers specific to London. Ignore the pinned threads. They are years out of date. 

For a K1, London has no specific way to prove income. They don't even require a tax return if you have something else like an employer letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.