Jump to content
Ninar95

I-129f Address and Employment History

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

my fiancé is currently working on our K1 application but we're struggling with some of the sections. Especially the employment and address history sections.
These are our questions:


1. What exactly counts as a physical address? When you signed a lease or only if you officially registered at that address? My main issue is that I was an au pair in the US and lived with a family but at the same time I was still registered in Germany. Same when I did a 6-month internship in the states. So do I write down my address in Germany that I was registered at at the time or my addresses in the states that I stayed at for the duration of my internship and au pair "work"? Also, I had a registered secondary residence (my mom's house) while having my dorm apartment as my primary residence. Do I mention that?

 

2. Regarding the employment history: do I mention my au pair "job" and my unpaid internship in the states here? I did another paid internship in Germany, do I mention that? Or that I am a full-time university student? I've never had a real job, so what of the above does apply to the employment history section?

 

3. Do you recommend consulting with an attorney about filling out and filing the form or is it unnecessary? I'm not really worried because we have collected lots of supporting evidence in the past 4 years and have seen each other 8 times in the meantime but the form is really hard to fill out because sometimes I'm just not quite sure what they want to hear and I read that the denial rate has increased lately mainly because of misunderstandings like that. 

 

Thank you so much for your help!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninar95 said:

Hi,

my fiancé is currently working on our K1 application but we're struggling with some of the sections. Especially the employment and address history sections.
These are our questions:


1. What exactly counts as a physical address? When you signed a lease or only if you officially registered at that address? My main issue is that I was an au pair in the US and lived with a family but at the same time I was still registered in Germany. Same when I did a 6-month internship in the states. So do I write down my address in Germany that I was registered at at the time or my addresses in the states that I stayed at for the duration of my internship and au pair "work"? Also, I had a registered secondary residence (my mom's house) while having my dorm apartment as my primary residence. Do I mention that?

 

2. Regarding the employment history: do I mention my au pair "job" and my unpaid internship in the states here? I did another paid internship in Germany, do I mention that? Or that I am a full-time university student? I've never had a real job, so what of the above does apply to the employment history section?

 

3. Do you recommend consulting with an attorney about filling out and filing the form or is it unnecessary? I'm not really worried because we have collected lots of supporting evidence in the past 4 years and have seen each other 8 times in the meantime but the form is really hard to fill out because sometimes I'm just not quite sure what they want to hear and I read that the denial rate has increased lately mainly because of misunderstandings like that. 

 

Thank you so much for your help!!
 

1) my fiance has more than 5 addresses s in the last 5 yrs we list out all physical address.. Do not complicate it.. Just list it as long as you can remember 

 

2) my fiance has more than 10jobs in the last 5 yrs, same as item., because he moved from states to states.. We list all his job.. Do not complicate things just list everything.. 

 

For this..we use separate paper, mentioned the page number, part number and item no. 

 

3) no definitely do not recommend to use a lawyer or even those who agencies who will file for you.. You can do this on your own.. You want to get involved as much as possible so having a lawyer or  a paid assistance will get things slower on your end.. 

 

Goodluck 

Edited by ourjourney_pc

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May/June - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

          worries before approval:

          1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

          2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ourjourney_pc said:

1) my fiance has more than 5 addresses s in the last 5 yrs we list out all physical address.. Do not complicate it.. Just list it as long as you can remember 

 

2) my fiance has more than 10jobs in the last 5 yrs, same as item., because he moved from states to states.. We list all his job.. Do not complicate things just list everything.. 

 

For this..we use separate paper, mentioned the page number, part number and item no. 

 

3) no definitely do not recommend to use a lawyer or even those who agencies who will file for you.. You can do this on your own.. You want to get involved as much as possible so having a lawyer or  a paid assistance will get things slower on your end.. 

 

Goodluck 

I second everything mentioned by ourjourney_pc. Just list all addresses you resided and workplaces you worked at irrespective whether you had a lease or employment letter. You probably shouldn't mention two addresses for the same time period. If you were a student over the past 5 years then definitely mention that in your employment history. There is no need for a lawyer unless you have a criminal record or for any other reason that you believe necessitates getting one. 

Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jangrace said:

I second everything mentioned by ourjourney_pc. Just list all addresses you resided and workplaces you worked at irrespective whether you had a lease or employment letter. You probably shouldn't mention two addresses for the same time period. If you were a student over the past 5 years then definitely mention that in your employment history. There is no need for a lawyer unless you have a criminal record or for any other reason that you believe necessitates getting one. 

Best of luck!

Unless your case falls under awa then get a lawyer, otherwise you dont need it as well... 

 

Goodluck 


(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May/June - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

          worries before approval:

          1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

          2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×