Dimpna

Report of Marriage

11 posts in this topic

Another questions regarding Report of Marriage. What is the difference between the Marriage Record and Marriage Certificate? I do have Marriage Cert but for marriage record? I don’t know what they meant about that. Below are some requirments for ROM 

1. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Record (original will be returned)
  2. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned)

And do I need to notarized the duly-accomplished ROM form, If I am going to DC personally to process instead of mail? Thank you again! 😊

•  
Edited by Dimpna

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dimpna said:

You mean the application we applied to get a marriage license? We did an application to have a marriage licence to get married.

After getting married you take the signed marriage certificate to the county to get it recorded .. we requested certified copies of that.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

After getting married you take the signed marriage certificate to the county to get it recorded .. we requested certified copies of that.

Ah okay. We just got married at JP by a district Judge. We just did our application at the county to apply for marriage license. After 3 days we got our licence and got married in 3 weeks. Then that was it. We received our MC after 3 days thru mail from the county where we apply for our licence. So i do not know where will i get the marriage record. Thank you so much! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dimpna said:

Ah okay. We just got married at JP by a district Judge. We just did our application at the county to apply for marriage license. After 3 days we got our licence and got married in 3 weeks. Then that was it. We received our MC after 3 days thru mail from the county where we apply for our licence. So i do not know where will i get the marriage record. Thank you so much! 

You request certificate copies of your marriage from the county recorder (after you have your completed marriage license recorded)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, Dimpna said:

I second what @Hank said as well. We got married at the courthouse as well. So it was just go to the clerk of court to get the marriage record. 

On 2/22/2019 at 4:51 AM, Hank_ said:

You request certificate copies of your marriage from the county recorder (after you have your completed marriage license recorded)

Thank you so much! Sorry, another questions, If I’m going to send the ROM thru mail, what original documents i should sent them? Just the notarized original ROM application and Marriage Cert/Marriage Rec? How about the passport, divorce decree, ID’s etc? Just sent them photocopies of these? Thank you again! 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:00 AM, Cyberfx1024 said:

I second what @Hank said as well. We got married at the courthouse as well. So it was just go to the clerk of court to get the marriage record. 

Thank you again po 😊

Edited by Dimpna

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Dimpna said:

Thank you so much! Sorry, another questions, If I’m going to send the ROM thru mail, what original documents i should sent them? Just the notarized original ROM application and Marriage Cert/Marriage Rec? How about the passport, divorce decree, ID’s etc? Just sent them photocopies of these? Thank you again! 

Thank you again po 😊

Go to the consulate website that represents the state you where you were married, there is a list of everything required for ROM.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 2/22/2019 at 4:51 AM, Hank_ said:

Below are the requirments for ROM under New York jurisdiction

1.Report of Marriage Form (duly accomplished and to be signed by both husband and wife before a Consular Officer). The Wife should indicate her maiden surname as her last name. If submitting the application by mailthe forms must already be signed by both husband and wife and must be duly notarized.

2.Marriage Contract or Certificate, bearing information on the number of marriages contracted by both parties. If the number of marriages does not appear on the marriage contract/certificate, please submit Marriage Record/License

3.Valid passports or IDs of husband and wife.

4.Proof of Filipino Citizenship of applicant/s, at the time of marriage, such as: 

-US Naturalization Certificate

-Permanent Resident Card, valid visa, work permit

-Dual Citizenshi Papers (Identification Certificate and Approval Order)

5.Notarized Affidavit of Delayed of Registration, if application is filed more than 1 year after marriage 

6.Additional Requirements when one or both parties have previous marriages:

a.Death Certificate of the deceased spouse/s, if widow or widower.

b.Annotated marriage certificate indicating that the marriage was annulled; Judicial Decree of Annulment; and Certificate of Finality of Annulment, if previous marriage/s were annulled.

c.Foreign divorce decree, if foreign spouse was previously married to another foreigner.

d.Foreign divorce decree duly recognized by the Philippine Court*, if the Filipino citizen was previously married to a foreigner and a divorce was thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse. 

Original or certified true copies of the above documents must be presented. 

Please submit documents in four (4) sets, arranged in the following order/sequence:

1. First Set – Original Report of Marriage (ROM) application and certified true copyof documents.
  2. Second Set – Original ROM application and copy of documents.
  3. Third Set – same as second set.
  4. Fourth Set - same as second set.
  5. Fifth Set - same as second set. (If applying for a Philippine passport after the Civil Registry application)

7.Processing fee of $25.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to the "Philippine Consulate General". Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

8.If submitting the application by mail, include the following in the packet:

a.Self-addressed prepaid stamped envelope, preferably Priority Mail, with tracking number. The Philippine Consulate General assumes no responsibility for any delay or loss in the mail, or while the documents are in the custody of the courier service. The applicant should note the tracking numbers of all envelopes used and submitted.

b.Covering letter (handwritten or typed), addressed to the Philippine Consulate General’s Civil Registry Unit, indicating service/transaction requested and the applicants’ contact details such as telephone/mobile number and email address.

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents from an applicant, to prove his/her citizenship or identity pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law (R.A. 8239) and the Foreign Service Act. (R.A. 7157)

My questions are, are these only the documents i should sent them? There is no BC included or what. I don’t know how many photocopies i should prepare and submit if by Mail. I’m sure above requirements are for personal appearance. And the Fifth set mentioned if i am applying for passport. I will renew my passport at Washing ton DC. So i guess, i dont need this anymore? Thank you

Timeline

The number of copies of documents required is the same whether you mail ROM or do this in person.  

Simply follow the instructions; Provide an original where it states to do so, and copies where it states copies

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.