3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am USA Citizens from birth. I turned to Turkey afterwards. Now I am in Turkey.

I have two daughters under 18 years old.

Recently we received IR-2 visa for them.

When their visa stamps after the port of entry, They will be an immediately became an US citizen.

However we do not have enough knowledge about the required procedure.

Shall very much appreciate your kind reply 

First of all what we will do

Do we need to have N 600 form or not

Do we need to pay the green card fee

And finally if we can not fullfil all these procedure during our present at US. 

Can we follow it the rest in Turkey.

How soon my daughters can obtain US pasaport after our entrance.

Thanks to your kind and prompt reply for my above questions.

With my best regards.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sembul said:

I am USA Citizens from birth. I turned to Turkey afterwards. Now I am in Turkey.

I have two daughters under 18 years old.

Recently we received IR-2 visa for them.

When their visa stamps after the port of entry, They will be an immediately became an US citizen.

However we do not have enough knowledge about the required procedure.

Shall very much appreciate your kind reply 

First of all what we will do

Do we need to have N 600 form or not

Do we need to pay the green card fee

And finally if we can not fullfil all these procedure during our present at US. 

Can we follow it the rest in Turkey.

How soon my daughters can obtain US pasaport after our entrance.

Thanks to your kind and prompt reply for my above questions.

With my best regards.

The information at this link may answer your questions.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/us-citizenship/Acquisition-US-Citizenship-Child-Born-Abroad.html

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Doesn’t the IR-to-citizen route for minors require both parent and children to be residing in the US for tge process to complete?

From the link posted above:

How to Show That a Child Is Residing or Has Resided in the United States:

Mere entry into the United States or a temporary visit - even if on an immigrant visa - does not meet INA Section 320’s requirement that the child be "residing in the United States." Determining whether a child is residing/has resided in the United States typically rests on an analysis of both the character and the duration of the stay. A parent may be required to provide supporting evidence regarding a child’s stay in the United States in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent(s) in support of the child’s passport application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.