cmh

Timeline for interview, i131

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The interview scheduled can take anything from a few weeks to over a year.

When you file for AOS you also file for i-765 and i-131. They currently take about 5-7 months to get approved.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

1 hour ago, cmh said:

We received a notice late December that USCIS is ready to schedule an interview. When should we expect an update? My wife is also thinking of traveling out before the interview. To confirm, is it just the i131 she needs to complete? What is the processing time?

When you will be interviewed depends on your local field office. That status does not mean much other than its reached your LFO. An interview could take months or years depending on what your LFO is.

AP takes 4 to 6 months currently, closer to the 6 month mark. She would need to be approved for the AP before she could hope to leave and come back. I131 is the form. You did not file it with your AOS application?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

When you will be interviewed depends on your local field office. That status does not mean much other than its reached your LFO. An interview could take months or years depending on what your LFO is.

AP takes 4 to 6 months currently, closer to the 6 month mark. She would need to be approved for the AP before she could hope to leave and come back. I131 is the form. You did not file it with your AOS application?

Years? Wow. We didn’t include i131.

7 hours ago, cmh said:

Years? Wow. We didn’t include i131.

Yes years. You should play with the USCIS processing times website and see how long it takes in busier hubs.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

If she wants to leave (and come back to the US) before her GC is approved you will probably want to apply for AP in the mean time. It will take 4 to 6 months and I highly doubt your GC will be here faster than that but again, i can make no estimates without knowing your LFO (had you told me, I would have looked). Link's up there for you now though. I'll let you interprete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.