Nature Boy 2.0

Legislation for state takeover of Hartsfield-Jackson faces tough fight

5 posts in this topic

Having just come used the Atlanta Airport it is dire need of something .Up to 4 hours clearing customs is absurd for a Intl Airport.

https://www.ajc.com/business/legislation-for-state-takeover-hartsfield-jackson-faces-tough-fight/r0X2oI2maPq22oyl83HZuK/

Filed: Timeline

I don’t live in GA, but I have to say, I totally agree with the statement below.  I can see no real benefit of the airport being run by the state.  What does any office or arm of the state government know about running the world’s busiest airport?

“For years, Hartsfield-Jackson International has been lauded as the world’s busiest, most efficient airport, and there is not an iota of evidence the State could improve upon or even maintain that stature. There has yet to be a single reasonable argument posed to justify any State takeover, or theft of the airport from the people of Atlanta who have worked for decades to make it the economic engine that it is for the state, region, country and world.”

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Having just come used the Atlanta Airport it is dire need of something .Up to 4 hours clearing customs is absurd for a Intl Airport.

Now, I have to admit, ATL has about the worst customs process I have ever seen.  Granted, there are many more people going thru it daily than probably three major airports in America, but the problem does need to be addressed.

Not to make your plight feel worse, but I arrived in BOS the other day, and cleared customs in about 3 minutes.  ATL, I think my average time has been over half an hour.  JFK is also very fast for customs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Now, I have to admit, ATL has about the worst customs process I have ever seen.  Granted, there are many more people going thru it daily than probably three major airports in America, but the problem does need to be addressed.

Not to make your plight feel worse, but I arrived in BOS the other day, and cleared customs in about 3 minutes.  ATL, I think my average time has been over half an hour.  JFK is also very fast for customs.

DTW international arrivals for me (about a dozen over the past three years) averages 20 minutes including getting my checked luggage.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

DTW international arrivals for me (about a dozen over the past three years) averages 20 minutes including getting my checked luggage.

I haven’t been thru customs in DTW in more than a year, but I don’t recall ever having an issue there either.  It’s ironic that when travelling from Toronto to Detroit, we had to go thru customs.  I mean, isn’t DTW just a Southern suburb of Toronto?