D Dub718

Question about scheduling medical & interview at St. Luke's for the same week

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there. I'm a new member on Visa Journey. My fiance's K1 interview is scheduled for Thursday March 14, 2019 at the US embassy in Manila. She's from Cebu. Is it possible to schedule the medical exam & interview for the same week? Should I allot only 2 days for the medical, say, Tuesday & Wednesday, and then the interview on Thursday? Or should I allot 3 days for the medical, say, Monday-Wednesday, and interview on Thursday? My goal is to cut down on expenses. If we opt for 2 days for the medical and the interview on the following day, is that enough time for St. Luke's to forward her medical results to the embassy? Thanks in advance. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, D Dub718 said:

Hello there. I'm a new member on Visa Journey. My fiance's K1 interview is scheduled for Thursday March 14, 2019 at the US embassy in Manila. She's from Cebu. Is it possible to schedule the medical exam & interview for the same week? Should I allot only 2 days for the medical, say, Tuesday & Wednesday, and then the interview on Thursday? Or should I allot 3 days for the medical, say, Monday-Wednesday, and interview on Thursday? My goal is to cut down on expenses. If we opt for 2 days for the medical and the interview on the following day, is that enough time for St. Luke's to forward her medical results to the embassy? Thanks in advance. 

You don't schedule the medical,  it is walk-in only.   Minimum is 2 days.  If they find an issue during the exam many times the extra day won't be enough.  The applicant hand carries the exam results to the interview that typically is provided on day 2.  Be guided accordingly 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

What I meant was is it wise to do the medical and interview in the same week? Because she lives in Cebu, it would obviously be more efficient and cost-effective to do both in the same week. When you say extra day, are you referring to the 2nd day? If on the 2nd day, she is informed that she will have to do Sputum test, then having another free day before the interview allows her to reschedule the interview 24 hours prior without penalty. Additionally, would she be able to do the interview without the completed medical? 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, D Dub718 said:

What I meant was is it wise to do the medical and interview in the same week? Because she lives in Cebu, it would obviously be more efficient and cost-effective to do both in the same week. When you say extra day, are you referring to the 2nd day? If on the 2nd day, she is informed that she will have to do Sputum test, then having another free day before the interview allows her to reschedule the interview 24 hours prior without penalty. Additionally, would she be able to do the interview without the completed medical? 

Extra day I meant the third day.  No approved medical,  no interview.   They are sticklers on that point. I understand your desire to minimize the travel costs as my fiancee is about to embark on her third trip to Manila from cebu despite the flights being but $100 or less RT from cebu 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, form K1 P&P - as the medical and interview vary form country to country.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, D Dub718 said:

Yes you can complete both in the same week .. yes plan on 2 days for the medical.  I would suggest to allow at least one day between the completion of the medical and the interview .. just in case there is a hiccup.. but it is possible to complete the medical and have the interview the following day.

Medical file is hand carried by your fiancee to the interview.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

We're kind of in the same boat on this due to financial and travel logistics involved. She's in Mindanao and will fly to Manila on Monday, have SLEC Tues & Wednesday and interview on Thursday. I'll arrive Wednesday night to be with her for the interview in the morning. CFO scheduled for Friday. A very tight timeline, but it had to be that way, unfortunately. I don't like cutting things that close.....

Timeline
On 2/15/2019 at 5:06 PM, Hank_ said:

Yes you can complete both in the same week .. yes plan on 2 days for the medical.  I would suggest to allow at least one day between the completion of the medical and the interview .. just in case there is a hiccup.. but it is possible to complete the medical and have the interview the following day.

Medical file is hand carried by your fiancee to the interview.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

On the SLEC.ph website, it states 

• The medical report and visa photographs are submitted by St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic directly to the U.S. Embassy, with few exceptions. In most cases, only the passport, CD of Chest X-ray, and Vaccination Documentation Worksheet are given to the applicants.

So the medical report isn't hand carried by my fiance to the interview? Will a full day between day 2 of the medical and the interview be sufficient time for her medical exam results to arrive at the embassy? Thanks.

Timeline
2 hours ago, montanaman said:

We're kind of in the same boat on this due to financial and travel logistics involved. She's in Mindanao and will fly to Manila on Monday, have SLEC Tues & Wednesday and interview on Thursday. I'll arrive Wednesday night to be with her for the interview in the morning. CFO scheduled for Friday. A very tight timeline, but it had to be that way, unfortunately. I don't like cutting things that close.....

I share your concern regarding the very tight timeline. I'm worried that if there's any issue on day 2 of the medical, there wouldn't be the 24 hours required prior to the interview to be able to cancel & re-schedule. I fear eating the costs of the DS-160 and possibly not being able to re-schedule the interview. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, D Dub718 said:

• The medical report and visa photographs are submitted by St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic directly to the U.S. Embassy, with few exceptions. In most cases, only the passport, CD of Chest X-ray, and Vaccination Documentation Worksheet are given to the applicants.

So the medical report isn't hand carried by my fiance to the interview? Will a full day between day 2 of the medical and the interview be sufficient time for her medical exam results to arrive at the embassy? Thanks.

It is hand carried

YMMV

Timeline
11 hours ago, D Dub718 said:

SLEC website isn't up to date with the process (funny)

Your fiancee WILL hand carry her medical file to the interview.  There are two exceptions to that rule 1) Having to complete SPUTUM.  1) Have to complete DOT   < With both of those the medical file will be delivered by SLEC to USEM

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can plan to do it the same week, it you feel confident that there will not be any health issues detected. Monday would give you some breathing space, especially if it is very crowded and she can't be seen until the PM.  Exams start around 7 but you better think about getting there around 4:30.  Better to wait in line early. When I went with my fiancee at 4:30 there were already at least 20 people ahead of us. Also, consider the same for your visa interview. You will share your appointment time with dozens of others so get in line early.

Timeline

DO NOT be at SLEC at 4:30 AM!!  Yikes!!  Totally waste of time arriving early.        I understand of the urge to stand in line for hours waiting for SLEC to open, but the smarter move is arrive later .. no waiting, faster service.

Your fiancee can arrive a couple hours after SLEC opens and easily be done with day 1 without break a sweat.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
12 hours ago, martinzl said:

You can plan to do it the same week, it you feel confident that there will not be any health issues detected. Monday would give you some breathing space, especially if it is very crowded and she can't be seen until the PM.  Exams start around 7 but you better think about getting there around 4:30.  Better to wait in line early. When I went with my fiancee at 4:30 there were already at least 20 people ahead of us. Also, consider the same for your visa interview. You will share your appointment time with dozens of others so get in line early.

Omg,  no.   My fiancee arrived at 10:30am and was done by 2PM .  As for the interview she arrived 15 minutes prior and was done in 1.5 hrs

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.