16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

it has gone to  the NVC national visa center

you now wait about 4 weeks to the new case number for the embassy you are dealing with

you will get a letter or e-mail  with a notice on how  to pay the 2  fees onine 

when paid ,  you will wait till the online site says paid and the instructions for filing out the I 864  by petitioner  and the 260 by beneficiary

further instructions will tell you what supporting documents are needed and how to send them online thru CEAC

So all of the above and that part of the timeline depends on you and how fast you do the needed steps

after the documents are received and approved,   you wait for NVC to communicate with the embassy to schedule an interview

not knowing what country this concerns,  we have no idea if it is one of the ones backed up for months or if the interview can be scheduled quicky

this is still a "hurry up  and wait"  process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, kris&me said:

it has gone to  the NVC national visa center

you now wait about 4 weeks to the new case number for the embassy you are dealing with

you will get a letter or e-mail  with a notice on how  to pay the 2  fees onine 

when paid ,  you will wait till the online site says paid and the instructions for filing out the I 864  by petitioner  and the 260 by beneficiary

further instructions will tell you what supporting documents are needed and how to send them online thru CEAC

So all of the above and that part of the timeline depends on you and how fast you do the needed steps

after the documents are received and approved,   you wait for NVC to communicate with the embassy to schedule an interview

not knowing what country this concerns,  we have no idea if it is one of the ones backed up for months or if the interview can be scheduled quicky

this is still a "hurry up  and wait"  process

This is incorrect information for as this case is reaffirmed none of those steps have to be done AGAIN they were done when you first applied before the return of case.   No new case number, no submitting docs to NVC and no payments to be made.

8 hours ago, Amasemenyo said:

Hello, my I-130 has been reaffirmed and gone to the DOS . Dose anyone have an idea the nest step of action? What I should look out for and prepare for ? How long will it take for the petition to get back to the consulate (embassy abroad) . Anyone gone through this experience??

It will however go to NVC for a few weeks (could be 4) while they do some administrative work. Then they will forward to the embassy.  NVC does not schedule the second interview the embassy will contact you with the steps on how to make the appointment and they will request a new medical.  They may also ask you to update the ds260.  Depending on the embassy it can take a few more months before you hear from them.  Good luck!

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

8 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

This is incorrect information for as this case is reaffirmed none of those steps have to be done AGAIN they were done when you first applied before the return of case.   No new case number, no submitting docs to NVC and no payments to be made.

It will however go to NVC for a few weeks (could be 4) while they do some administrative work. Then they will forward to the embassy.  NVC does not schedule the second interview the embassy will contact you with the steps on how to make the appointment and they will request a new medical.  They may also ask you to update the ds260.  Depending on the embassy it can take a few more months before you hear from them.  Good luck!

Thanks. So much. If I may ask so do I need to fill out a new ds260 just to be ready if they ask? Or what? Also roughly how many months do u estimate? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Amasemenyo said:

Thanks. So much. If I may ask so do I need to fill out a new ds260 just to be ready if they ask? Or what? Also roughly how many months do u estimate? 

you are correct

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Amasemenyo said:

It took us about 3 months for an interview.  We did not have to fill out the ds260 but some people do so be aware.  If I log into my CEAC and open the ds260 it shows an expiration date of April 2019 so I believe that is  why I did not have to.  You can take a look at yours to see.

• 1 month later...

Hi ! so the USCIS REAFFIRMED my case and sent it off to the NVC . It’s been six weeks the NVC is saying they haven’t received it. Called the USCIS again and they said it is with the NVC. At this point does anyone know how long it will take for the case to be sent to the embassy for another interview??.what do I need to do or what questions do I need to ask the NVC??? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 8:30 PM, Amasemenyo said:

Hi ! so the USCIS REAFFIRMED my case and sent it off to the NVC . It’s been six weeks the NVC is saying they haven’t received it. Called the USCIS again and they said it is with the NVC. At this point does anyone know how long it will take for the case to be sent to the embassy for another interview??.what do I need to do or what questions do I need to ask the NVC??? Thanks.

Hi how long after your first interview did you hear from uscis after your case was sent back to them?

On 2/15/2019 at 4:19 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

It took us about 3 months for an interview.  We did not have to fill out the ds260 but some people do so be aware.  If I log into my CEAC and open the ds260 it shows an expiration date of April 2019 so I believe that is  why I did not have to.  You can take a look at yours to see.

Hi can you give me timeline from your first interview to your second interview?

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Aj06 said:

Hi can you give me timeline from your first interview to your second interview?

First interview December 13, 2017 second October 23 2018.

Timeline
Just now, Aj06 said:

Ok thanks and how long after first interview did uscis contacted u?

About 6 months.  The file was at NVC a few months before they forwarded on the USCIS.

• 4 years later...
On 5/24/2019 at 3:03 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

First interview December 13, 2017 second October 23 2018.

I realize this thread is quite dated, but I'm curious if the second interview is less challenging than the first one. The first interview was denied due to insufficient evidence regarding the marriage, leading to its return to USCIS. USCIS subsequently confirmed it and forwarded it to NVC. We are currently awaiting an interview at the consulate.  

NVC case # will be the same correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.