Jump to content
LOve17

129F Passport Style Photos

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

I was wondering whether the 2x2 photos need to be stamped with the date and the location where it was taken. I am the beneficiary (from Canada) and I mailed my fiance my photos that were taken here and I have a stamp of date and location on my photos, but my fiance (the petitioner) just went to Costco yesterday to get his photos taken and they didn't stamp anything on the back of the photos. He went back today and asked them if they could stamp it with the date, but they said they don't stamp the back of passport photos with dates. What has everyone else done through experience? Does it matter? Should he write the date in with pencil and write his name? He has a copy of the receipt that he took it, should we attach that also. Or should he go somewhere else.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NSJT said:

Hello everyone,

 

I was wondering whether the 2x2 photos need to be stamped with the date and the location where it was taken. I am the beneficiary (from Canada) and I mailed my fiance my photos that were taken here and I have a stamp of date and location on my photos, but my fiance (the petitioner) just went to Costco yesterday to get his photos taken and they didn't stamp anything on the back of the photos. He went back today and asked them if they could stamp it with the date, but they said they don't stamp the back of passport photos with dates. What has everyone else done through experience? Does it matter? Should he write the date in with pencil and write his name? He has a copy of the receipt that he took it, should we attach that also. Or should he go somewhere else.

 

Thank you.

I am not sure that USCIS is really concerned too much with the date of the passport-style photos.  It isn't typical for them to be date-stamped.  Ours weren't, and I have never seen any sort of RFE for that here on VJ.

 

As long as you file the petition soon after the photos are taken, you should be good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

I am not sure that USCIS is really concerned too much with the date of the passport-style photos.  It isn't typical for them to be date-stamped.  Ours weren't, and I have never seen any sort of RFE for that here on VJ.

 

As long as you file the petition soon after the photos are taken, you should be good to go.

Since it requires the photo to be taken within 30 days, do you just recommend to write the date the photo was taken himself and print his name on the back of the photo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, NSJT said:

Since it requires the photo to be taken within 30 days, do you just recommend to write the date the photo was taken himself and print his name on the back of the photo?

Yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only instruction about the photos is that they are US passport style photos and to lightly write your name and A number (if any) on the back. You don’t need to provide a date.


K1 Visa Timeline [approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days] approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

 

 

Adjustment Of Status

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

The only instruction about the photos is that they are US passport style photos and to lightly write your name and A number (if any) on the back. You don’t need to provide a date.

Actually, in the instructions it does say that they should have been taken within 30 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Actually, in the instructions it does say that they should have been taken within 30 days.

They definitely need to be taken within 30 days, but there’s no date required on the back of the photos. I phrased my sentence wrong, I was referring to what goes on the back of them.

Edited by Ethan & Shannon

K1 Visa Timeline [approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days] approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

 

 

Adjustment Of Status

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NSJT said:

Hello everyone,

 

I was wondering whether the 2x2 photos need to be stamped with the date and the location where it was taken. I am the beneficiary (from Canada) and I mailed my fiance my photos that were taken here and I have a stamp of date and location on my photos, but my fiance (the petitioner) just went to Costco yesterday to get his photos taken and they didn't stamp anything on the back of the photos. He went back today and asked them if they could stamp it with the date, but they said they don't stamp the back of passport photos with dates. What has everyone else done through experience? Does it matter? Should he write the date in with pencil and write his name? He has a copy of the receipt that he took it, should we attach that also. Or should he go somewhere else.

 

Thank you.

As a few people below have stated, they don't have actual instructions to date them. We did however just on the back when annotating your name etc (it can't hurt). NOA2 approved no RFEs for this. 


Met while I was on holiday:  11/01/2017

Agreed that we were an item: 11/09/2017

She said yes: 04/06/2018

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA1 dated: 06/14/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

P3 Letter received: 01/19/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to date them. USCIS doesn't care about dates stamped on the back on passport pictures. They require photos to be taken within 30 days but it's more of an honor 'system' from your end. What stops someone of stamping current date on an old old passport picture? (Rhetorical question)

Edited by nastra30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...