JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mibarillas said:

Just updating my case hopefully helps anyone

Sent all my paperwork on June 14 (DS3035 and embassy paperwork for NOC)

my embassy filed the NOC on 19 of June

The check was cashed on June 22  

it took exactly one month to appear in DOS

with Fee/form ds3035/form ds2019/ passport id page/statement of reason/other =dated July 18 2019 (but appeared in the page till July 20)

July 23 = sent email asking for an expedite to DOS.. just a regular email to 212e explaining that my program had already started and if there was a possible way to get it faster and explaining that my Non Objection was sent before. My Case is NOT Gov funded, and I already had an H1B approved. 

Non Objection statement July 25, 2019 [although My embassy filed it by mail the June 19 and re faxed it July 11]

July 29= they responded (by email) telling me they had sent a fav recommendation (DOS site was updating July 30)

Till today I haven't received anything not from the DOS or USCIS.

My mailing address is in the US [Boston] which is different from my main address. 

I've been calling and live chatting every other day and they say to wait 30 days... apparently they can't find my file. 

Best of luck 

Hi Mibarillas,

Thanks for updating your status. 

I was calling USCIS every day and they say always to wait for 30 days. Finally, one nice lady on phone able to track my file and she gave me the receipt number.

I checked online and my case was received on August 15 and my "CASE WAS APPROVED" on August 21.  I have not received any mail from either DOS  or  USCIS. JUST WAITING..

TIPS for CALLING USCIS CUSTOMER CARE:

-Tell the officer that I-612 sent from DOS electronically. They will ask the date ( I just tell them "a month ago and i am not sure about the date")

- Give your correct FIRST NAME and LAST NAME (Tell them to repeat the letters)

-Give Date of Birth

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Abayomi said:

Have u received the letter sent from DoS?

I have not received any letter from either DOS or USCIS. Finally, I got my  receipt number over phone and my "CASE WAS APPROVED" on August 21.

35 minutes ago, KKR said:

I have not received any letter from either DOS or USCIS. Finally, I got my  receipt number over phone and my "CASE WAS APPROVED" on August 21.

Congratulations. I thought DoS and USCIS use the two self addressed envelopes sent with the application. Although I just sent my application, i included a trackable self addressed envelope. If you did the same, try and see if you can the envelopes online. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Abayomi said:

Congratulations. I thought DoS and USCIS use the two self addressed envelopes sent with the application. Although I just sent my application, i included a trackable self addressed envelope. If you did the same, try and see if you can the envelopes online. 

11 minutes ago, Abayomi said:

I just sent stamped envelopes (not trackable). I can't do anything now, JUST WAITING.

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
1 hour ago, KKR said:

I'm happy for you! hopefully you will receive it fast.

Unfortunately I just called and email and still they don't have my file. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Abayomi said:

I understand. But the most important part is it has been approved. Congratulations once again. This process is killing and I am so anxious........

You are not alone. This process is stressing me out. I am also very anxious. I check the website everyday......☹

8 hours ago, KKR said:

Congrats....

On 8/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, ANguyen said:

DOS is quite fast recently! Here is my timeline. Good luck everyone!

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 10.03.32 AM.png

Have you received any letter from DoS or USCIS yet? My status too changed to favorable recommendation on same day as you and I haven’t received anything yet. Tried to use tracking of my return envelopes but it says not in system yet. 

2 hours ago, Tulip987 said:

Have you received any letter from DoS or USCIS yet? My status too changed to favorable recommendation on same day as you and I haven’t received anything yet. Tried to use tracking of my return envelopes but it says not in system yet. 

FYI: I received an email from the waiver department (because I contacted them) this Monday saying that I should receive a copy of the letter in 5-10 business days.

Timeline
On 8/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, KKR said:

My case too, DOS sent favorable recommendation letter on August 7.  Still, I have not received any letter from DOS or USCIS.

FYI, DOS is sending recommendation to USCIS through electronically. 

FavorableRecommendation.png

UPDATE 1: I have Received DOS Recommendation Letter and I-797C Receipt today. Still Waiting for Final Waiver I-797 Notice of Action (Online USCIS account shows it is approved on August 21)

IMPORTANT: I have updated change of address to Dept. of State last month, but still they sent it to my old address. Even USCIS sent I-797C mail to old address. Luckily, USPS forwarded both letters to my current address.

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 3:45 PM, Jpgs said:

I got my Favorable Recommendation!!! Hopefully you guys got it or get it soon!

@laianjeiraab @Lucky_Clove

0F719BE3-C9D7-4BAF-9389-C44F4258B2CC.jpeg

Hey by any chance any of you guys have you received your waiver from USCIS yet? 

I'm kindda desperate...they don't even give me a receipt number and mine was filed July 29. 

thanks

1 hour ago, KKR said:

UPDATE 1: I have Received DOS Recommendation Letter and I-797C Receipt today. Still Waiting for Final Waiver I-797 Notice of Action (Online USCIS account shows it is approved on August 21)

IMPORTANT: I have updated change of address to Dept. of State last month, but still they sent it to my old address. Even USCIS sent I-797C mail to old address. Luckily, USPS forwarded both letters to my current address.

Congrats! hopefully you will receive it soon!! 

5 minutes ago, mibarillas said:

Hey by any chance any of you guys have you received your waiver from USCIS yet? 

I'm kindda desperate...they don't even give me a receipt number and mine was filed July 29. 

thanks

Congrats! hopefully you will receive it soon!! 

Hey! Nothing yet. I hope we all get it soon! 

3 hours ago, KKR said:

Congratulations! Thanks for posting your timeline. My favorable recommendation is a week after you, hoping to receive some letters next week. 

Timeline

On 8/23/2019 at 1:54 PM, KKR said:

UPDATE 2: Finally, I have received USCIS I-797 Notice of Action (Waiver).

Thank you all forum members for posting their timelines and tips.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.