JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am searching help regarding to the change of my case number. I sent an email to 212ewaiver@state.gov, no reply yet.

I am applying J1 waiver based on the No Objection Statement.  I mailed the documents to the DOS and my home country embassy separately about one month ago. Last week I received a mail from the DOS saying that my case number was changed. Initially I have a 7 digits case number (e.g. 1234567), now the new one is 6 digits (e.g. 123456).

My home country embassy needs an updated THIRD PARTY BARCODE PAGE. But there is no way for me to generate a new one. Whenever I try to generate it on https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/Common/Agreement/Application, the system keeps complaining my case number is wrong, it should be 7 digits. 

Any comments and suggestions are highly appreciated!

Eric

Untitled.png

Edited by Eric_H

4 hours ago, Sunshine33 said:

Congrats, looking at your timeline it seems as if your process is faster than  some of the ones I have seen in this forum. Your case just cement the fact that there is no set timeline for this process.

Congrats Again

Yeah, exactly !! There is no set timeline for this process. I understand most of the people are on the same boat i.e No government funding/scholarships, not working in Federal government institutions as a J-1, and based on No objection because of the skills list (my case). Also, I did not expedite any of the steps. I hope you make it through at the earliest

4 hours ago, laianjeiraab said:

Hi all,

I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks and the DOS requested the Sponsor Views, but the Department of Immigration Services here at NIH said that they didn't receive anything from DOS.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Is there a way that I could contact the DOS to figure out what's happening? 

Thank you,

Angelo

waiver 2.jpg

I would email them at 212ewaiver@state.gov. They respond within few days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, kash88 said:

Yeah, exactly !! There is no set timeline for this process. I understand most of the people are on the same boat i.e No government funding/scholarships, not working in Federal government institutions as a J-1, and based on No objection because of the skills list (my case). Also, I did not expedite any of the steps. I hope you make it through at the earliest

I didnt expedite either, just keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

19 hours ago, eliottreid said:

Any news? It's been 20 days for me, much longer for you and I'm going crazy lmao

Nothing. The lawyer is filling for H-1B this week without waiting for the recommendation based on the days I have spent in my home country after my J1 and during my F1. Six years went by and I have been lucky to travel back home twice a year at least during all summer and winter breaks. We'll see how things go! I'll keep you posted! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too!

6 hours ago, tendrementchoco said:

Nothing. The lawyer is filling for H-1B this week without waiting for the recommendation based on the days I have spent in my home country after my J1 and during my F1. Six years went by and I have been lucky to travel back home twice a year at least during all summer and winter breaks. We'll see how things go! I'll keep you posted! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too!

Thanks, I just sent out an email to my sponsor, hopefully they'll respond.

Timeline
2 hours ago, kash88 said:

I hope you get it soon. The longest part is the DoS  recommendation. USCIS part is very fast

Thank you, just wish I knew how long Dos will take so that I can put better plans into place. 

Uscis part is fast yes put there is still no set timeline. It's like a waiting game. Sigh

hey all,

My internship took place in a US federal institution. However, it was fully-funded by my home country. Do you guys think that I will have some hard time to get a waiver?

Since my country sponsored my J1, I applied for the waiver under the Non-Objection statement. My Embassy has sent the DOS last week, and my status is now pending. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, fetom said:

hey all,

My internship took place in a US federal institution. However, it was fully-funded by my home country. Do you guys think that I will have some hard time to get a waiver?

Since my country sponsored my J1, I applied for the waiver under the Non-Objection statement. My Embassy has sent the DOS last week, and my status is now pending. 

Thank you!

NOS*

Hello All,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm planning to start the J1 waiver process.
 I've some doubts in this regard, please help me.
 Let's the following situations are happened and anyone could tell the solution.
     My J1 visa is valid until May 20, 2020.
  1.   If my J1 waiver accepted and completed the process by the end of December 2019.
        Let's assume no one sponsor for the H1B visa after J1 waiver accepted. Can I continue with the same J1 visa up to May 2020?
  2. If I start the process now, Is it a good decision? (I'm from INDIA)
  Please, anyone, help me.   

Hello all!  This blog helped so much during my waiting period.  Will post my timeline now.  Just got the waiver approval yesterday!

online on DOS 05/12/2019

Sent to USCIS 07/17/2019

received notice USCIS 07/30/2019 by mail with date of acceptance at Vermont center 07/24/2019

approval received by mail 08/01/2019!!!!

good luck everybody!!

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 1.16.32 PM.png

9 hours ago, NJP said:

Hello All,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm planning to start the J1 waiver process.
 I've some doubts in this regard, please help me.
 Let's the following situations are happened and anyone could tell the solution.
     My J1 visa is valid until May 20, 2020.
  1.   If my J1 waiver accepted and completed the process by the end of December 2019.
        Let's assume no one sponsor for the H1B visa after J1 waiver accepted. Can I continue with the same J1 visa up to May 2020?
  2. If I start the process now, Is it a good decision? (I'm from INDIA)
  Please, anyone, help me.   

1. Yes, you can continue with the same employer until May 2020, I don't think you can do a J1 transfer or extended your DS2019

2. It's your call

Timeline
4 hours ago, apsl said:

Hello all!  This blog helped so much during my waiting period.  Will post my timeline now.  Just got the waiver approval yesterday!

online on DOS 05/12/2019

Sent to USCIS 07/17/2019

received notice USCIS 07/30/2019 by mail with date of acceptance at Vermont center 07/24/2019

approval received by mail 08/01/2019!!!!

good luck everybody!!

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 1.16.32 PM.png

Congrats!!!!

Timeline
On 7/31/2019 at 11:20 AM, kash88 said:

I hope you get it soon. The longest part is the DoS  recommendation. USCIS part is very fast

Somebody please explain this to me. I was doing my regular checking of my status on the website and I am getting this message.

"" Currently there is no information about your case.""😱😱😱😱

HELP SOMEBODY HELP!!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.