Jump to content
Shahrukh khan

Affirmative of support for AOS

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi every one I just want know a quick information my wife have filed for my AOS after K1 visa and We have received (RFE) in which USCIS wants my wife’a affidavits of support, as she have sponsored me initially we did not submitted because her income is to low now I want to know as we are married so do we need to file Tax together as her 2018 Tax is still not filed so do I file with her or she can file alone ??? As we need to send them latest tax statement. 

Waiting for reply for all of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shahrukh khan said:

Hi every one I just want know a quick information my wife have filed for my AOS after K1 visa and We have received (RFE) in which USCIS wants my wife’a affidavits of support, as she have sponsored me initially we did not submitted because her income is to low now I want to know as we are married so do we need to file Tax together as her 2018 Tax is still not filed so do I file with her or she can file alone ??? As we need to send them latest tax statement. 

Waiting for reply for all of you.

Why would you file for AOS without an affidavit of support?  Sounds like you'll need a joint sponsor, and your wife will need to file taxes as married.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shahrukh khan said:

Hi every one I just want know a quick information my wife have filed for my AOS after K1 visa and We have received (RFE) in which USCIS wants my wife’a affidavits of support, as she have sponsored me initially we did not submitted because her income is to low now I want to know as we are married so do we need to file Tax together as her 2018 Tax is still not filed so do I file with her or she can file alone ??? As we need to send them latest tax statement. 

Waiting for reply for all of you.

The 2017 income tax forms can be used as proof of income on the I864 as the most recent tax year up until the filing cut off for 2018 on April 15th, 2019. 

Sounds like your wife will not meet the financial poverty guidelines for your household though for either 2017 or 2018 (I'm not sure because you havent made it really clear). If she doesnt meet the FPGL's you will need to find a joint sponsor.

Not sure why you did not submit an I864 with your AOS application as it was required.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Why would you file for AOS without an affidavit of support?  Sounds like you'll need a joint sponsor, and your wife will need to file taxes as married.

We have send AOS with her UNCLE (joint sponsor) and we did not filed with her Affidavit of support and now we received AOS and USCIS is asking for my wife Affidavit  of support as she sponsored me. so now she did not filed her 2018 TAX returns so do we need to filed 2018 and then send them or we can send them 2017 as its read.

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The 2017 income tax forms can be used as proof of income on the I864 as the most recent tax year up until the filing cut off for 2018 on April 15th, 2019. 

Sounds like your wife will not meet the financial poverty guidelines for your household though for either 2017 or 2018 (I'm not sure because you havent made it really clear). If she doesnt meet the FPGL's you will need to find a joint sponsor.

Not sure why you did not submit an I864 with your AOS application as it was required.

Actually my wife income is low so we have send her uncle affidavit of support as a joint sponsor but now USCIS wants my wife Affidavit of support we recevied (RFE) so on that note I was asking do we need to first jointly file our TAX for 2018 and then send or send them 2017 as she file her on TAX because I just came to United states on K1 visa

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

38 minutes ago, Shahrukh khan said:

Actually my wife income is low so we have send her uncle affidavit of support as a joint sponsor but now USCIS wants my wife Affidavit of support we recevied (RFE) so on that note I was asking do we need to first jointly file our TAX for 2018 and then send or send them 2017 as she file her on TAX because I just came to United states on K1 visa

 

Ah I c.

You didnt submit your wife's I864 AT ALL because you assumed because her income was so low that she would have no responsibility to be financially responsible for you. (Not true. She is still financially responsible for you).

 

The 2017 income tax forms can be used as proof of income on the I864 as the most recent tax year up until the filing cut off for 2018 on April 15th, 2019. You dont need to submit 2018 ITRs if she hasnt filed yet. You would submit 2017 instead up until April 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shahrukh khan said:

Actually my wife income is low so we have send her uncle affidavit of support as a joint sponsor but now USCIS wants my wife Affidavit of support we recevied (RFE) so on that note I was asking do we need to first jointly file our TAX for 2018 and then send or send them 2017 as she file her on TAX because I just came to United states on K1 visa

 

The petitioner is always the primary sponsor, regardless of income.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×