CaseyBorne88

CEAC status changed to "In Transit" but no email....

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today I checked my CEAC status and noticed my case was changed from "At NVC" to "In Transit". I remember reading that receiving an email would be an indication that the packet had been mailed. The problem is....I never received an email. I checked my inbox, deleted, and junk folders and found nothing. I called NVC and the guy I spoke with insisted that I did not need an email from them, but he would "request" that the email be sent again. has anyone else experienced this?

Timeline

Yeah several people are showing in transit as of 5 Feb but no email from NVC. Hope everyone gets a email shortly, might take a couple days. Shipment has been shipped and should arrive by 8 feb end of day in Manila. 

AF1325C9-707D-48BB-A4D7-93458F6F324D.png

Edited by SS&AM

19 minutes ago, SS&AM said:

Yeah several people are showing in transit as of 5 Feb but no email from NVC. Hope everyone gets a email shortly, might take a couple days. Shipment has been shipped and should arrive by 8 feb end of day in Manila. 

AF1325C9-707D-48BB-A4D7-93458F6F324D.png

I looked that up on DHL, too. Very interesting. I am one of those people that didn't get an email....

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Today I checked my CEAC status and noticed my case was changed from "At NVC" to "In Transit". I remember reading that receiving an email would be an indication that the packet had been mailed. The problem is....I never received an email. I checked my inbox, deleted, and junk folders and found nothing. I called NVC and the guy I spoke with insisted that I did not need an email from them, but he would "request" that the email be sent again. has anyone else experienced this?

Did you email NVC in the beginning requesting your MNL# by email?  NVC doesn't send the email without a request.  NVC's standard practice is to mail a letter.

You want an email you need to request it.

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:
You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).
* Petitioner's name and date of birth.
( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )
* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, SS&AM said:

Yeah I used the askNVC before received a response from them that they have not received my case. I still have not received an email and my case # is reflecting as ready 

EE81474A-6EB5-4E0F-8895-D5E6A0EC513A.thumb.jpeg.120edf7dbc3da81fa6455658b75085ef.jpeg

So you didn't send an actual email to NVC requesting the MNL # at the address I listed?   Then I am not surprised you didn't get an email with that info.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Did you email NVC in the beginning requesting your MNL# by email?  NVC doesn't send the email without a request.  NVC's standard practice is to mail a letter.

You want an email you need to request it.

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:
You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).
* Petitioner's name and date of birth.
( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )
* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

Yeah. I selected to update the email associated with my case when I used AskNVC. They confirmed when I called and they read it back to me. They said they would send the email “again” but apparently the initial email never went out. 

I received previous emails from my inquiries with nvc with no problems. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Yeah. I selected to update the email associated with my case when I used AskNVC. They confirmed when I called and they read it back to me. They said they would send the email “again” but apparently the initial email never went out. 

I received previous emails from my inquiries with nvc with no problems. 

ASKNVC isn't quite the same .. they have an email process setup,  I don't think ASKNVC is going to replace that.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I selected this option back in January when I sent my first email. 

(See picture)

Also when I asked him to confirm the email associated with my case he read my email back to me without error. 

6B5841B4-C0D2-4D2A-BA2A-51C0EB637A01.png

Timeline
57 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

I selected this option back in January when I sent my first email. 

(See picture)

Also when I asked him to confirm the email associated with my case he read my email back to me without error. 

6B5841B4-C0D2-4D2A-BA2A-51C0EB637A01.png

As you already noted, you didn't get an email with your MNL# earlier.  This ASKNVC is fairly new and I think a good idea, but you need to request your MNL#  by email or you will get a letter in the mail.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Update: I called the NVC again today and they confirmed that a hard copy was just sent out yesterday. The lady asked her supervisor if she can send it over email and his response was “no” but he “doesn’t know why it didn’t send the email” and he would be “looking into it”. 

8 hours ago, SS&AM said:

Yeah I used the askNVC before received a response from them that they have not received my case. I still have not received an email and my case # is reflecting as ready 

EE81474A-6EB5-4E0F-8895-D5E6A0EC513A.thumb.jpeg.120edf7dbc3da81fa6455658b75085ef.jpeg

I got my email today...My case is now ready as well....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, boris64 said:

I got my email today...My case is now ready as well....

Did you follow the direction for emailing NVC from my guide,   at  E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov   ?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.