jorriv14

Evidence question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey there,

We are in the process of submitting our i751. I just had a quick question. I know they ask for bank statements etc. My question is that I also have a personal account which I haven't closed and had to keep using because Wells Fargo charges fees if I don't use it. So basicsñly my wife pays rent from the joint account , but I pay most of the other bills from my personal checkings. Is this a big issue or what is the best way to show that even tho we have a joint account etc we still coming mingle are finances? Most bills are under my name as well. Thoughts/help? 

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

We just sent our -751 folder, we have joint bank account and we pay rent and car payment with it. We keep transfering the money to it from our personal checking accounts.

We sent bank statments for each account for the last 4 months and also bills statments showing jointly address and  each of us is responsible for paying bills.

I hope it makes sense to you!

Edited by hannahj_11

I-130 Spouse Visa

April 1, 2016 - Married

April 26, 2016 - Filed I-130 abroad from Morocco

May 3, 2016 - Case accepted

May 10, 2016 - Received NOA1

August 25, 2016 - Case transferred to another office

September 15, 2016 - Case Approved! USCIS

September 27, 2016 - Received NOA2
October 5, 2016 - Case Sent to Dept of State

October 11, 2016 - Case Received by NVC

October 25, 2016 - NVC Welcome Letter Received

October 25, 2016 - Completed DS-261

October 25, 2016 - Paid AOS Fee

November 2, 2016 - Paid IV Fee

November 4, 2016 - Filed DS-260

December 1, 2016 - Sent AOS Packet to NVC from Morocco
January 29, 2017 - We Have our Baby in Morocco :D👨‍👩‍👦 👶
February 17, 2017 - We Received Appointment Letter From NVC
March 20, 2017 - THE INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED :dancing:
January 25, 2019 - Filed I-751 Remove Conditions

February 10, 2019 - Received NOA1

March 5, 2019 - Biometric APPT

Jun 18, 2019 - Interview & Approval

Jun 21, 2019 - Received 10 years GC ✔️

www.rehazu.com - Learn more about our International Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Co-mingling finance means not just joint checking account:  you need:

[1] 40IK beneficiary to each other

[2] Joint credit card

[3] Joint lease or house together

[4] Joint tax returns

[5]   Car insurance, health insurance both name

[6] Any other joint property.

[7] Beneficiary to life insurance, mutual funds etc

[8] Power of attorney 

[9] Property tax, home own insurance in both name

1 hour ago, dilip said:

[2] Joint credit card

[4] Joint tax returns

[8] Power of attorney 

Okay this is an awesome thing to see. I just didn't know if it's going to be weird when they see the banks statements and don't see bills coming out of that account. Or bills with both our names. Otherwise I have a lot of other things such beneficiary on each other's 401ks, she's on my vision, health insurance, I'm on her dental plan, joint lease, car insurance, car loan, taxes and child birth certifice.

Maybe I can show medical bills I paid under her name with the personal account? 

Thanks for the great info.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, dilip said:

[2] Joint credit card

[4] Joint tax returns

[8] Power of attorney 

Just to be clear - this list is a "good to have" list - but NONE of these is mandatory.  The idea is that you build your "story" of being together - and you send in documents that prove that story.

You can still remove conditions without items on this list.  But it IS a good list!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Sukie said:

Just to be clear - this list is a "good to have" list - but NONE of these is mandatory.  The idea is that you build your "story" of being together - and you send in documents that prove that story.

You can still remove conditions without items on this list.  But it IS a good list!

Sukie in NY

Exactly. I sent a small list of solid items. You do not need to send a massive document catalog. Think of Quality over Quantity.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

16 hours ago, Sukie said:

Sukie in NY

Oh yeah for sure I get that! I was just kind of wondering or looking for advice on how to show this part of "co-mingling" finances, since most of the bills get paid out of personal account and most are under my name. Like I said we are both named on the lease and are both on a joint car loan together( among other things). It's just that transactions from our joint account won't really reflect much of the bills being paid. 

34 minutes ago, NikV said:

Exactly. I sent a small list of solid items. You do not need to send a massive document catalog. Think of Quality over Quantity.

I feel like I have a good amount of quality things, but was just a little concerned about the joint bank account statements after reading threads haha. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, jorriv14 said:

I feel like I have a good amount of quality things, but was just a little concerned about the joint bank account statements after reading threads haha. 

I only sent 3 statements for one joint bank account. spread few months apart. You do not need to send 3 years worth of bank statements. :)

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.