Kristi&Luigi

Yet another Immunization Question! (sorry)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey guys, 

well before I ask my question I just want to let you know that I did read up the pinned post but some questions still remain as my husbands DS-3025 form looks a bit different and doesn't have the "Summary" section. 

Here is what I'm confused about: 

1. My husband has DTP and DTaP but all over 10 years ago. Also on Tdap he has a "D" marked on blanket waiver. Is the "D" good enough to fulfill the requirement or does he need this vaccination? 

2. Influenza. There is nothing marked on his DS-3025 at all on this row. 

My questions: 

1. Is this immunization record enough or do we need the I-693? (look at attached copy below) 

2. His DS 3025 form says page 1 of 2. but the doctor only gave us page 1. Is this a problem? 

3.  Lastly. I know it can be time consuming to wait for an appointment, get results, etc for the I-693 and I don't want to waste more time as we are already about 6 months late into filing the AOS due to some financial struggles we faced. Would submitting this form DS-3025 alone with no I-693 (even if he doesn't meat immunization requirements) cause for an AOS denial? Can they actually deny for not meeting the immunization or do they just send an RFE? (I am thinking to submit the AOS with DS-3025 then either get the needed immunizations completed while we wait OR if this form looks "acceptable" to wait and see if they RFE). I just don't want him to get denied for something as silly as this. What do you guys think?

Also there seems to be a section marked "X" for "K Visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this  examination" Which I find weird as he was never even asked or the question to get vaccinations overseas was never brought up. I guess we should have looked at the form more carefully and ask these questions to the doctor but I think the I-129f approval bliss must have been over our heads. Does this mean he needs a CS to do the I-693 examination? 

I am attaching his DS 3025 so you guys understand and see better what I am talking about. 

ds3025.thumb.jpg.90e817debbba519a61a5ff923d004cd0.jpg

Edited by Kristi&Luigi

21 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Hey guys, 

well before I ask my question I just want to let you know that I did read up the pinned post but some questions still remain as my husbands DS-3025 form looks a bit different and doesn't have the "Summary" section. 

Here is what I'm confused about: 

1. My husband has DTP and DTaP but all over 10 years ago. Also on Tdap he has a "D" marked on blanket waiver. Is the "D" good enough to fulfill the requirement or does he need this vaccination? 

It would have been enough.

2. Influenza. There is nothing marked on his DS-3025 at all on this row. 

PP made an error by not filling out the entire right column.

Sorry hunny, you're DS3025 has not been filled out correctly at all. Nothing is marked on the right and you have not received a mark in the "complete" box. Seems like the PP is claiming your bene refused to be vaccinated. 

My questions: 

1. Is this immunization record enough or do we need the I-693? (look at attached copy below)  

No. You will need an I693 for the interview, not now. See below.

2. His DS 3025 form says page 1 of 2. but the doctor only gave us page 1. Is this a problem? 

Yes.

3.  Lastly. I know it can be time consuming to wait for an appointment, get results, etc for the I-693 and I don't want to waste more time as we are already about 6 months late into filing the AOS due to some financial struggles we faced. Would submitting this form DS-3025 alone with no I-693 (even if he doesn't meat immunization requirements) cause for an AOS denial?

No but they wont approve you without a valid Vaccination section of the i693 due to the many errors your PP made. That doesn't mean you need to redo your medical now. It's actually not recommended. Wait until you get an interview appt and see a CS then. You do not need to submit a medical exam with your AOS application. It states that on the I485 instructions on page 12 at the bottom. 

Can they actually deny for not meeting the immunization or do they just send an RFE?

Neither. You cannot get an RFE for not submitting a medical as it's not a requirement to provide until the interview. See the instructions please.

(I am thinking to submit the AOS with DS-3025 then either get the needed immunizations completed while we wait OR if this form looks "acceptable" to wait and see if they RFE).

Your DS3025 is invalid. Dont bother.

I just don't want him to get denied for something as silly as this. What do you guys think?

Also there seems to be a section marked "X" for "K Visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this  examination" Which I find weird as he was never even asked or the question to get vaccinations overseas was never brought up. I guess we should have looked at the form more carefully and ask these questions to the doctor but I think the I-129f approval bliss must have been over our heads. Does this mean he needs a CS to do the I-693 examination? 

I am attaching his DS 3025 so you guys understand and see better what I am talking about. 

ds3025.thumb.jpg.90e817debbba519a61a5ff923d004cd0.jpg

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
9 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Thank you for your reply. Wow I wasn't expecting it was that incorrect... I am glad I asked. Also I am glad to know it isn't required JUST YET. Gives us more time to figure it out. So I will not include it at all on this application (for now) correct? 

ps: i am working on reading all the instructions, but there is just so many for form AOS, AP, EAD, and the I-864 I would be lying to say I have finished all that. I'm a pretty slow reader, but I will finish reading it all before I send it in I promise! 

3 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Thank you for your reply. Wow I wasn't expecting it was that incorrect... I am glad I asked. Also I am glad to know it isn't required JUST YET. Gives us more time to figure it out. So I will not include it at all on this application (for now) correct?

You can if you like but I would strongly prepare yourself that the vaccination record will not be considered as complete by the IO at your interview. They may give you a break but I doubt it considering your DS3025 states he elected to not be vaccinated at his overseas medical and will have to provide evidence that he has since completed the vaccination requirements.

ps: i am working on reading all the instructions, but there is just so many for form AOS, AP, EAD, and the I-864 I would be lying to say I have finished all that. I'm a pretty slow reader, but I will finish reading it all before I send it in I promise! 

What I did: i read them again as I was filling out each question and followed along with each instruction as I filled each form out.

Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

This is a little out of topic but... 

How about form I-864. This is for the interview stage as well? Or do I need to include it on my AOS package? 

4 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

This is a little out of topic but... 

How about form I-864. This is for the interview stage as well? Or do I need to include it on my AOS package? 

Include it now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 2/2/2019 at 6:48 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Same doctor :) Had the same stuff. Never been told that I am missing something, etc... After I saw that I elected not to be vaccinated I got worried as you did.

Just to be safe I went to see an USCIS approved doctor. (It's hard to find a good one in St. Louis who knows what's going)

At the end I was missing and MMR shot and he transcribed my vaccination to the I-693. Only the vaccination part, so didn't need to do a full exam as others wanted it.

I will have my interview next month, so after that I can tell you if that was enough or not...

Btw I was thinking that we might need to send the doctor an e-mail. She might not know that this is not enough for AOS and we end up paying out of pocket here to complete her half work....

I think with the vaccination you can wait and do it before your interview. Hopefully they don't send your package back because of that missing.

1 hour ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Same doctor :) Had the same stuff. Never been told that I am missing something, etc... After I saw that I elected not to be vaccinated I got worried as you did.

Just to be safe I went to see an USCIS approved doctor. (It's hard to find a good one in St. Louis who knows what's going)

At the end I was missing and MMR shot and he transcribed my vaccination to the I-693. Only the vaccination part, so didn't need to do a full exam as others wanted it.

I will have my interview next month, so after that I can tell you if that was enough or not...

Btw I was thinking that we might need to send the doctor an e-mail. She might not know that this is not enough for AOS and we end up paying out of pocket here to complete her half work....

I think with the vaccination you can wait and do it before your interview. Hopefully they don't send your package back because of that missing.

Yes, your panel physician in your country is clueless or, even worse, could be ripping ppl off intentionally, by not vaccinating you (claiming you said no) when you pay for those vaccinations to take place as part of your medical exam fee. I'd call him AND let USCIS know what happened to you regarding one of their approved overseas Panel Physicians.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes, your panel physician in your country is clueless or, even worse, could be ripping ppl off intentionally, by not vaccinating you (claiming you said no) when you pay for those vaccinations to take place as part of your medical exam fee. I'd call him AND let USCIS know what happened to you regarding one of their approved overseas Panel Physicians.

Based on the reviews I found online, she supposed to the the better one who doesn't rip you off....

1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Based on the reviews I found online, she supposed to the the better one who doesn't rip you off....

Welllllll maybe she's joined the rest of em. Call her out. Collectively if you can find others in your situation (a bunch). I would let USCIS know though. That's atrocious.

Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 10:27 AM, ineedadisplayname said:

OMG!! Yes!! I remember we discussed  prior to your interview which was the better doctor as well. I was also told she was the better one. I can't even imagine how bad it must be with the others? Honestly I am just happy this didn't cause problems at the embassy level. 

I am so happy to hear you are so close to your interview. I wish you all the luck! (not that you need it) :) Please keep me posted. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.